Now that the 2021 Draft is over...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ColoradoContrails, May 2, 2021.

1. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

I never thought I’d read those words. At least it wasn’t “that’s a good point, ouchy” that would’ve been too far.

patleahy likes this.
  2. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Dickery didn’t man up. He blamed others for “ruining” the board as though he wasn’t a willing participant and whatever the fuck that means. Maybe our definition of “man up” is different.

3. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

lol ouchy has his moments, dude. u gotta give him that....

legler82 likes this.
  4. patleahy

come on legler, you know that Bickety is a good guy. He just got a little heated over the GIF/Wilson v. Fields wars... like we all did, myself included.

5. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

That's 2 now.

6. legler82

I know you and couple other guys keep telling me he is.

7. legler82

I need to catch up.

8. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

..as It should. I am man enough to put things to bed, accept what Is, and support what has been done.

Don't think for a second though that that means I'm going to endure consistently shitty QB play and not be be vocal about It. Especially If Fields Is lighting It up with Chicago.

No way. That leash Is short for me. There is some slack but It's not a long leash. Play time is over. Some people touting Wilson as better than Lawrence even. I'm all for that. Let's go! For real.

However. There Is no excuse now. Wilson hasn't even played a down yet and he is walking into a better coaching staff, with a great offensive system that Is tailor made for the QB, along with weapons that Sam Darnold could only dream of.

It's time to get to work. It's time to start showing we are a competent team, with a solid offense, and production.

I'm okay with missing the playoffs but I want to see SIGNIFICANT turn around from Sam Darnold to Zach Wilson.

Its not a big deal though because a lot of people think he is a stud and was much better than Fields.

I'm supporting that.

Let's go! I'm ready.

9. patleahy

I understand where you are coming from MeanDean and you are right, Zach has no excuses. I am curious, who would you say has the better situation as far as coaching staff and surrounding offensive talent is concerned....Zach with Saleh and the Jets or Fields with Nagy and the Bears, MeanDean?

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Hey Guys

Are ya ready for this?

I saw the revamped NFL Power Rankings after Draft

Cleveland Browns are 6th!!...only 2 years ago they were like in 20s

So if they can go from sh>thouse to penthouse so can we

FTR Buffalo is #3 ...and in 3 years with good mangmt and drafting they also made it happen

We are now a respectable 24th or 25th right behind Phil Eagles and 5 behind NYG at 20 :)

11. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Roach you are joking right?
    We absolutely had the worst offensive roster in the league in 2020. He didn't upgrade much, and even managed to downgrade a couple positions.
    It was the worst Jets team i've ever seen, embarrassing frankly.

I'd say he approached this offseason a lot differently, which is a big improvement.
    The offseason isn't just a draft.
    Had he been more aggressive in supporting Darnold, we may have had a lot more draft capital to work with.

12. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I think that Zach Wilson Is In a better situation from a scheme perspective. Talent Is kinda close. I'm not a Bears expert though. To be fair.

I know they have Allen Robinson at WR. I don't think they have much else beyond him though. A past his prime Jimmy Graham at TE. Their OL Isn't great, but, I don't know much about all of their players on that line, I think we probably have a better RB core.

It really depends on how well our rookies pan out overall.

Still. Zach Wilson Is hands down In such a better situation than Sam Darnold ever was. I think JD has done a lot to make our offense respectable. That's all I know.

No more excuses.

13. patleahy

Agreed, MeanDean.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  14. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

That was then this is now.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. legler82

In year one all I need is flashes. Rookie Darnold at least gave me that. If he could also not contribute to the suck and make significantly more positive than negative plays as a rookie that would be a welcomed bonus.

The Fields, Lance and Jones comparisons will always be there. That’s baked in the cake of being in the same draft class. It’s going to be a bit more in the forefront with Wilson given his seemingly late rise among the ranks.

#75 legler82, May 2, 2021
    Last edited: May 2, 2021
  16. patleahy

That is a more than reasonable opinion, legler.

Borat likes this.
  17. legler82

Fields is in a better situation talent wise. I believe the Bears have made the playoffs 2 out the last 3 years despite sub par QB play. Except for their o-line, they have a pretty decent roster. Truth be told aside from Trubisky Ryan Pace has done a decent job in the draft. Where Wilson has the advantage is stability in the FO & CS. Pace and Nagy are on the hot seat. So that dynamic is never good for a young QB; ask Sam.

IIMeanDeanII and patleahy like this.
  18. legler82

All my opinions are reasonable from my vantage point.

patleahy likes this.
  19. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

Good scouting versus bad scouting.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

legler82 likes this.
  20. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

I was OK with keeping Sam and trading down, and also liked Lance and Fields, but I’m excited as hell with Wilson and the rest of the team going forward.

I disagree with a lot of things the team does, but my opinion isn’t going to change reality. The Jets are a team I love to follow and root for, and it’s all just a fun hobby/ distraction from the shitty parts of life.

I’ll root like hell for the team, and couldn’t imagine being that guy that roots against certain players/coaches/whatever to say I told you so. No one cares and you’ll just be miserable to be around

Jets79 likes this.