Notre Dame vs. LSU

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by Dinobot 2, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

Quinn has only had to years to work in a great system. That's not alot of time to give him too much but he won alot of good games back in 2005. This year all I can say is he won pretty much all of the games he was suppoesd to. They lost to a great Michigan an USC team. The USC one being a good fight. They deserved to play LSU.

That's what I hear. And yes I'm aware of the player losses. Could that be the 2/3 I was talking about? Ok.

2. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

3. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

I think it's a valid comparison. Both were prematurely hailed as saviors of the program only to have subsequent seasons end in tears.

4. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

I think you've been talking out your ass for awhile.

5. 3rdAnd15Draw

Me-1 You-0

6. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

In your eyes, I don't feel to bad about it. Any other trolling comments?

7. 3rdAnd15Draw

I'm about spent.

8. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

Good. Go make a topic about your NCCAF team. We'll see how that goes after I bring up any ridiculous nuget I can.

As I stated. Untill the late second half this was a game up for grabs. ND belonged to be in this game or a game similar to it. I can get over this loss You guys need to get over thinking ND didn't belong in this game.

9. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

You do not "belong" to be in a BCS game when you lose badly to Michigan and USC, your big games...And beat all these non-competitive schools while getting prayers against Michigan State and UCLA...

Just step back and honestly think about it...That deserves to be in a BCS game? Be real Dino.

10. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

Sorry but I honestly do. ND is a top team.

11. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

This game crystallizes what many (myself included, thank you very much) have been thinking for a long time: maybe Brady Quinn isn't the top QB in the draft after all.

JaMarcus Russell is a monster physically, has a rocket arm and is nearly impossible to tackle when he decides to scramble. He's coming from the SEC (which is the best conference to prepare you for NFL defenses) and he's a proven big game winner. Plus, he just destroyed his #1 competition in the draft next year head to head.

I think that Russell could be the next Daunte Culpepper (you know, back when he was good.) My fear is that he will slide to Miami at #9 if Quinn goes before him.

12. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Of course you do because you're an Irish fan. 3 losses, all to big schools, 2 embarrassing losses and they're a Top team? Maybe you just look at the 10 wins, look at who they were against and the prayers you needed to win 10. Gimmie a break, this is a joke if you think ND is a Top team.

13. Tooooooon!!!

Tooooooon!!! New Member

The Ohio State / ND game was over at the half. Everyone who watched knows that, the score was not a true reflection on the game.

If you think the past two performances in bowl games make ND a elite team, then you my sir are crazy.

Lose by a late TD or a FG as time expires and I'll say great effort, but lose 41-14 and 34-20 and I'll tell you that you probably should have been in the Outback Bowl...

Even Mike F. on WFAN, a huge ND supporter, can admit that ND is over their head in these bowl games because they are popular. They can't compete on the level of these elite teams.

14. BIG COUNTRY

BIG COUNTRY Well-Known Member

Im here and I have to say ND is overrated(Im a ND fan). They need to make defensive changes and that includes probably getting rid of Rick Minter(DC). Offense isnt the problem, they failed last night on offense but its the defense that is.

15. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

Oh of course. Now that he lost that game. Jump on that wagon.

16. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

Embarrassing losses? Not all of them. ND has been appropriately ranked. What do you consider top team? 1-5? Fine. Then i'd say ND is one of the good teams.

17. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

I agree with that. People fosus on Brady Quinn cause that's the neam they continue to hear. They should really know the defense was the main problem last night.

18. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

Not to mention this isn't even a Charlie Weis team yet, 1/2 the team is still from the last coaching group so Weis is good at using Willingham's recruits.

19. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Ahhhh come on Dino, an excuse for Quinn? This guy is learning from an NFL Offensive Coordinator, and 2 years in COLLEGE isn't enough time? Defenses aren't that great in college, well except the major teams Quinn faced and he looked average.

They aren't even a Top 10 team! They're overrated and it showed again last night that they don't deserve to be in a BCS game.

Ya know, ND is a great team...Against Air Force, Army, Navy, Stanford, North Carolina, Purdue, whoops...All those teams suck.

Against the big boys? Top 10 football teams. 0-3!

20. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

If you watched every game Quinn has played in ND you might be thinking differently.

Well they were ranked #11 in the BCS standings. :smile: So yeah they aren't a top 10 team. ND didn't loose to any team that sucked and went up againts teams that were better than them. 2 out of 3 were good games.