Not 1 playmaker

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TheHitman, Apr 30, 2006.

1. NYJ1012

NYJ1012 Banned

ok ass, keep ur ignorance to yourlself, if ur gonna moan, go to some old womans message board where they like it. ur not wanted here if ur gonna start sayin things like that

2. nyj4ever

nyj4ever New Member

why don't you all stop whining and wait to see what happens. Ok...so maybe we didn't draft BIG NAME players on offense....BUT we started to solidify and build a line that can lead us forward from here! I STILL REMEMBER WHEN ALL THE PEOPLE ON HERE LAUGHED AT NE FOR THE PLAYERS THEY DRAFTED...AND 3 SB's LATER THEY ARE LAUGHING AT US!
    Yes they have recently signed big name players....but that is because the core is there for players to blossom....and players want to play for championship teams....not teams that have HUGE names.....
    GIVE IT TIME....ONLY 3 YEARS AGO PENNINGTON AND COLES WERE GODS....at that was when we had a decent line....not a line that allowed everything to flow through it....

GIVE IT TIME...AND STOP BITCHING!!!!

3. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Active Member

why so blue panda bear? you act like we just drafted a kicker with a 2nd rd pick...lmao. not for nothing, i thought we nailed the 1st 2 rds. Gotta have a foundation set before you start adding the bricks.

Oh, and how the hell is Chad Jackson similar to Torry Holt? One was a beast in college and the 6th overall pick and the other is a guy who had 2 ok college seasons and dropped into the 2nd rd. Dont see the similarities, talent wise or production wise.

#63 PRPitbull, Apr 30, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2006
  4. VinnyAndTheJets88

VinnyAndTheJets88 New Member

if your gonna go off about this make sure u know what your talking about first - we didnt get a measley 5th rd pick for our #35, we got a 6th rd anddddd a 2nd rd next year, which is incredible value, now next year we'll have 2 2nd rd picks, so if in the first we need to move up a few spots we have the firepower, also u wanna talk about the crappy playmakers we have on offense, did u notice who we had playing on our line b4 yesterday?? we needed t address our o-line early and often and got probably the 2 best linemen in the draft - playmakers arent going anywhere without protection - i'll admit, i kinda wanted jackson or lendale at 35 but obviously tangini werent sold on them or else they would have taken them, they wanted clemens and thats who they got who is a QB which i'm pretty sure classifies as a playmaker

5. k.Rhodes25

k.Rhodes25 New Member

this might have been said, but im pretty sure we drafted a playmaker by the name of Brad Smith.

Smith, 6’2”, 210 pounds, is a tremendous athlete who could be used at a number of offensive positions at the next level.

The former Missouri quarterback started all 48 games during his college career, throwing for 8,799 yards while rushing for 4,289 yards with 101 career touchdowns (56 throwing). Smith holds the NCAA Div. I-A career rushing record for QBs, with 4,289 yards, and he became the first NCAA Div. I-A QB to throw for 8,000 yards and rush for 4,000 yards in a career. In his final game, Smith rushed for 150 yards and three touchdowns in an Independence Bowl victory over South Carolina. In 2003, Smith had a career day against Texas Tech, rushing for 291 yards and five touchdowns.

Those seem like the stats of a playmaker.

I believe he was a big pik up and will make the transition to wide reciever just like other players such as randle el and hines ward have and if he does ull see how good of a player we got in Brad Smith.

6. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

Cant wait till the damn pre-season starts

7. GreenMachine

Yet more crow to be served....:up:

8. 1028

1028 Active Member

Whoa. This thread sure is a blast to the past. Gnarly

9. BIG COUNTRY

BIG COUNTRY Well-Known Member

Time to eat crow:breakdance:

10. DevTeam

DevTeam Well-Known Member

Man, this board is just representative of how America is becoming. Bitch and moan about everything that doesn't go your way.

What are we supposed to do? Draft every player in the first round? What a lame argument. Just another example of how, in one year, this board has become less and less interesting... that's why I don't post as much.

11. hendersg

hendersg New Member

Dude, are you on drugs??? Cause if you are, I really need some of what your taking. What is Brad Smith?.....What is Leon Washington?....What is DBrick and Mangold?......Cmon man, get real. This is best crop of talent we've had in ages!

12. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

2 points...

1) Is any QB in the draft "established?" Nope

2) The "measley" 4th or 5th round pick you dsicuss was actually a 2nd round pick in the 2007 draft.

13. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

What's up with all the bumps lately?

14. steviep

steviep Active Member

You are insane. Your have 2/5 of your o line for the next 6 years barring injury. And you are complaining?

15. duketogo

duketogo New Member

A thread from April 30th? I'm pretty sure the OP doesn't even remember posting this...

16. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I, for one, find them highly entertaining. I can't wait to bump a Schaub thread.

17. FazeOne17

FazeOne17 Active Member

what page was this thread on before it got brought back from the dead?.....

18. Trey Ko

Trey Ko New Member

Why is it that you're worrying about only high first round picks? You build your team in the middle rounds anyway. I remember that GREAT Blair Thomas pick up, I knew so many teams wanted to trade up to get him but the Jets just would not budge!

Dwayne Robertson is going to the pro bowl any day now, the Jets just had to move up to make that splash!

Why didn't the Jets try to get that STUD Ryan Leaf? He would have added that franchise QB that we had always wanted!

I see that you have mentioned Chad Jackson. Soft hands? Blazing speed? All true, but where is the heart? This is the same guy who did the QB slide before the first down while playing against the Canes! I say, "GREAT no pick Jets".......

My point is, you don't really have to have a great first round in order to have success; however, it does help to hit the picks in the first round because the alleged potential is so glaring.

With this initial argument, it does not seem like you watch a lot of college ball! Brad Smith was a play maker in college (In his red-shirt freshman year, he completed 54% of his passes and rushed for over 1000 yards; by the way, he also threw for over 2000); Leon Washington (The only Seminole in history to score 5 different ways; Kickoff return, Punt return, Fumble recovery, Receiving and Rushing; not to mention rushing for 135 yards against Florida in his TRUE freshman season; the second highest yards per carry average in the country after his junior season, 6.9; and finally, Gator Bowl MVP with 195 yards on 12 carries); Kellen Clemons may just be a franchise QB in second round clothing, just like Brett Favre (Not exactly); as far as the first rounders that you seem to have a little too much man love for, Brick and Nick are some damn good first rounders.... I'd be remissed if I left off Anthony Schlegel. You get my point!

#78 Trey Ko, Oct 5, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2006
  19. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

your a joke, have you even be watching the jets this year? Have you seen Pennington make plays late in the game each week? How is that not being a play maker? Cotchery with his ridiculous catch and run against the Pats, I guess that was something Chad Jackson would do if we drafted him.

20. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

You are either kidding or have no idea what you are talking about. Do you even watch the games man? Who took the Jets down the field in Tennessee for a go ahead TD? Pennington. Who broke like 5 tackles after the catch for a 60+ yard TD against the Pats? Coles.

Get your head on straight man, seriously. You're one of those guys that probably thinks we should trade our first, second, and third round picks in the draft next year for Chad Johnson or something.

By the way, we drafted Brad Smith and Leon Washington, both of them are exciting guys, sorry they aren't gonna get 20 TDs each as rookies. Learn more about how this game works, then post.