Not 1 playmaker

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TheHitman, Apr 30, 2006.

1. NY Vilmaniac

NY Vilmaniac New Member

maybe we can use that 2nd rounder we gained in next years draft (as your referred to as simply "picks") as leverage to try and trade up for adrian peterson

would that excite you?

2. TheHitman

TheHitman New Member

Least Brunnell has an arm and his passes get to the WR

then Moss does rest AKA playmaking/gamebreaker

coles would do that too but has no qb that gets him the rock

3. NY Vilmaniac

NY Vilmaniac New Member

wow, keep these educated posts coming

4. TheHitman

TheHitman New Member

I mean even if we didn't draft a playmaking offensive player

why couldnt we at least show interest in getting 1 in offseason

i just dont get it? by not getting anyone in offseason i figured they would focus a bit on that need in draft, and yet another letdown.

lost for words.

5. Tight

Tight Active Member

there 30 other teams , turn into a pats fan then. Nobody will miss you.. seriously.

6. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Yes we did, we grabbed the best center at #29 and he will be worth every penny. Not to mention he will touch the ball on every play. He was the best and most needed pick we made yesterday.

7. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

The FO targeted LT and C as bigger needs than RB so they went for the highest rated LT and the highest rated C instead of trading up ( :lol: ) for the third rated RB. Can you seriously argue with that? It's funny how you want a RB in favor of O-linemen, when a RB lives and dies by his line and ours is horrible. But hey if we drafted Williams you could go and create him in Madden (wit 98 speed) and have a blast. Linemen are boring. Poo!

8. djackson75

djackson75 New Member

Coles had no QB at all last year that could get him the rock because THEY GOT KILLED SINCE THEY HAD NO O-LINE!!!!!

You do realize that Coles was playing with Brunell the year before last right?? How'd that work out??

You do also realize that Ramsey was the starter for the Skins this season until he got hurt in the 1st game and got pulled never to get a shot at his job back again right?? That was because Gibbs wanted a veteran QB to start..

You do also realize that in the little playing time Ramsey did get last year after that fiasco, he did really well right??

9. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I posted this in another thread, but it's applicable here too.

We got the two best players at there positions in the draft to help solidify our biggest weakness. Yeah you can take linemen later in the draft, you can take any position later in the draft, the obvious difference is you're getting the BETTER player earlier in the draft. Yes there are plent of exceptions to this at EVERY position.

Football games are won in the trenches, like it or not. If you've ever played organized football you'd realize this. It's obvious that the front office is trying to build a powerhouse offensive line so that we can dominate the line of scrimmage, and impose our will on the opposition.

You want someone you can watch highlights of on sportscenter and buy their replica jersey. Ask the best runningbacks and qb's in the league who is responsible for a lot of there success and they'll tell you the offensive line. Offensive linemen don't make sportcenter highlights, but they allow the highlights to happen.

10. djackson75

djackson75 New Member

Okay buddy..who did you want the Jets to go after this offseason in free agency. Keep the salary cap and team direction in mind here. I am going to beg you to at least show some decency and not say T.O.

11. L3JET

L3JET Active Member

Too early for this kind of judging IMO!!!

For you it might not be enough because you're looking at half the work. We'll know, and be able to judge, after he completes his plan. And still, you won't be able to know for sure if his plan will work until next season ends and we get to see the results.

Peace out.

12. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Hmmm the Terry Bradway and Herm Edwards approach.. lets not draft any playmakers and neglect the line

The Tangini approach... lets build a team with a line and get hard workers and "football players" in here that have winning attitudes.

Hmmm seems like the later is the way to go for me....

Even with the 3rd round when every expert says the Jets have been big winners I assume that a few message board posters know more than them. I guess that's why all you guys are on the payroll of NFL Network and ESPN right?

13. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

we don't need player makers just ask our FO.

14. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Why are U discounting Clemens as play maker down the road? He only plays the #1 play maker in the NFL

15. swifty1021

swifty1021 New Member

How were we going to draft D'Angelo? He got picked you idiot, than if we move up everyone complains we give up too much. Some of you seem to forget that we could even effin run or throw the ball, at all!!! Our o-line was disgusting, we made our team a lot better the last 2 days, just shut up.

16. Fakterx

Fakterx New Member

I hate this forum. Too many stupid threads comming through.

There is no reason to get any playmakers this year when we had more needs in positions that take more time to develop. Generally, a playmaker can come in right away and make a difference whereas non playmakers (offensive line) take a while to get into rhythm and start producing.

Our FO isn't expecting our team to be awesome this year so they knew that they should build the team over time. Next year we will draft some playmakers hopefully and if our coaching staff does a good job working with non-playmakers drafted this year, next year they will be much more effective.

People need to understand that we are rebuilding a team and the FO is working very well to put our team in the right direction. Playmakers are not important right now.

17. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

Leave then just cause somebody has an opinion doesnt mean they cant say it, what the hell is the point of a forum if everybody agrees with everybody.
    Hitman u are right we dont have any playmakers on offence but , i could see why they wouldnt go after Jackson or Williams,

Jackson even though i like him alot of people passed on him probably because they thought that he wasnt a number #1.

Williams is short and has had injuries.

With this being said the Jets better draft Peterson next year, with their first pick because we will have a bad record next year. Then they better get a wr like dwayne jarret or Calvin johnson, to complimant Jericho cause he will ball this year.I dont care what it takes we have no other needs other than OLB and De now and they can address that later in that draft.Trade both 2nds and a 3rd to get a wr like those 2.

18. Lunatic

Lunatic New Member

I dont disagree but maybe you can explain to me what happens to Trey Teague? Isn't this guy a solid get at the center position?

Do you know what his contract looks like? Is he expendable? Can he be shifted over? Will Mangold start right away?

19. theanalogkid

theanalogkid New Member

Didn't Deangalo Williams break his leg with no contact? Doesn't seem like a durable player to pay that kind of money to. We now have an O-line which can pave the way for playmakers to move up the field. We for once have depth on the line which was sorely needed last year.

Blame Herm and Bradway for two O-line picks, it's their fault Mangini and Tannenbaum had to draft them. Would you want Flabini playing tackle for us this year.

We got Terry Teague for two years. Year 1 is $710,000 and Year 2 is $720,000.

20. fake_crs

fake_crs New Member

Hitman wants this years jets draft to look like NE or Denvers draft. Lets see, what the differences between the three teams are. Hmm, well one thing that jumps out at me is the simple fact that they were playoff teams and we were FAR from a playoff team.

So I guess teams that are very well rounded on both sides of the ball, and teams that have huge glaring problems should draft the same same way.

you have obviously no idea how to rebuild a team.