Northwestern and Ohio State

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by Red Menace, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Not sure if guys are watching this game or if there is a thread on this already.

Im going to make an effort to watch Fields with no preconceived ideas and make an assessment at the end of the game.

Would appreciate rest of guys who are watching to chime in.

2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I have it on....Ohio struggling a bit. Ramsey looking pretty good! 10-3 in 2nd qtr, NW.

Red Menace likes this.
  3. Red Menace

Olave is out but Fields has been erratic again. Accuracy is not there so far, he has not gotten into a groove yet. Repeated the same mistake by throwing the ball in direction of receiver when he should just take the sack.

Jets79 likes this.
  4. Footballgod214

lol right on que!

5. Footballgod214

lol right on que!

6. Red Menace

He took a sack when his receivers were open. He has to anticipate the receiver sitting in the zone and let it rip. Not liking what I’m seeing so far.

Seems like he can only throw bombs and when receiver is wide open.

7. Footballgod214

Game watch is on you....gotta go shovel out my mom. Dang! Hope 2b back for trevor...peace out

Red Menace likes this.
  8. Red Menace

Be safe, shoveling snow is literally not good for you!

#8 Red Menace, Dec 19, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
  9. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Fields is Darnold 2.0

zace and Jets79 like this.
  10. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Ramsey has outplayed Fields.. Fields isn’t pro ready.. against stiff competition and D he doesn’t show super star ability

11. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Every time I watch Fields and try to talk myself into him I just don't see it. His pocket presence is really questionable, reminds me way too much of Darnold. We have to get Lawrence.

12. Vahncase

Vahncase Well-Known Member

That CB got a nasty pick on Fields. Man, we really can't afford the Jets winning a game.

Red Menace and REVISion like this.
  13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

No other way to say it - Fields looks awful today. Indecisive over the middle and holding on to the ball for way too long.

Interested to see the second half adjustments

14. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

I am watching this primarily to see Fields as I’ve never actually watched him play.

Halftime

so far I’ve seen EXACTLY what I’ve seen on his highlights...he can make a throw when he has ZERO pressure and the WR is WIDE OPEN. Under pressure he’s been terrible. He’s taken a couple sacks, he hasn’t been accurate on deep throws...that pick in the end zone was a badly placed ball where the defender made a great play. But this is what I wanted to see...how he does in a big game under pressure. So far for the first half I’m not impressed. Only one half played so far, so I get that not enough to judge on, and he may kick ass in the 2nd half, but I’m just not sold at all.

I may be biased because I just don’t think Ohio State is a QB factory, but if I’m making the decision, so far I’ve seen nothing to make me take him 2nd overall. Curious to see if there are any 2nd half adjustments, but if we miss out on TL, based on what little I’ve seen, I’d trade out for a haul if it’s there to be had.

on the other hand, gotta love what we’re seeing from the Northwestern coach so far....handing it to Ohio State when you are North fucking Western is no easy feat.

Again, only one half and maybe Fields lights it up in the 2nd half....but so far I’m not excited at all

we NEED that top pick

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. Red Menace

He needs to go back to school for his last year, he only has one legitimate season under his belt as a starter, he had very little playing time in Georgia, this season affected by Covid, I’m sure he will be top QB in 2022 draft if he stays in school.

16. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

What website can i stream this on?

17. REVISion

Getting the #2 pick puts us in a really tough spot. Darnold is awful and Fields feels like the type of guy GM's talk themselves into because they're so desperate for a QB.

The story of our recent draft history is that we get a good draft spot but always just bad enough where we miss out on the marquee guys by 1-3 picks. Can we please just tank correctly for once and actually be able to pick THE top guy?

Jets79, zace and Red Menace like this.
  18. Red Menace

They are going to have to trade that pick and move back, no way in the world I’m drafting Fields that high. He’s just not ready, unless they sit him for a year so he can learn.

However a second overall pick should be expected to come in and play not sit and learn, really means he was not ready to begin with.

19. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

Fields looks just awful today--showcasing every flaw in his game.

Pat Fitz looking like a genius.

If we win against NE week 17 we're pretty screwed....maybe trade down at that point and look at Zach Wilson.

20. REVISion

I was previously of the mindset that Darnold is so bad that we should take Fields at #2 if it comes to that but I'm warming up to the idea of trading down. I just think there's Lawrence and then there's every other QB in this draft. The drop off from him to everyone else is pretty damn big imo.

I haven't seen much of Lance. Not too high on Wilson.