North Korea vows to nuke the US

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Poeman, Mar 7, 2013.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

didn't there last long range missile barely clear japan? i am not too worried, n. korea is the chad pennington of missile warfare. there best bet of hitting u.s. soil is skipping one across the pacific

2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Lmfao.

Post of the year.

3. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

4. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

5. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I can't imagine how bad being a North Korean must be, you have this chubby loudmouth talking all sorts of crap about how this is his best team ever but in reality you're looking at a top 10 draft pick because your missle can't seem to read defenses very well and will be intercepted at a very high rate.

6. HAYN

HAYN Well-Known Member

7. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

do they have anything large enough to rid us of buffalo? :buffaloblows:

8. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

all it takes is just one drone....or, another visit from the worm. :eek:hmy:

9. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Looks like he needs to to lay off the dogs for a while,maybe switch to cats

10. HAYN

HAYN Well-Known Member

11. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

12. FirstTimeCaller

FirstTimeCaller Active Member

They may not hit Seoul with an outright pre-emptive Nuke but they have been making aggressive military attempts on the city with a series of tunnels for quite some time as I'm sure you know, they are constantly planning new ways to attack Seoul. This along with bombing populated islands, sinking boats, missile tests, underground nuke tests will undoubtedly end up going too far at some point and will result in a response, and then nuclear retaliation on Seoul and likely an attempt on Tokyo as well. They are crazy enough to do this even if it means signing their own death certificate. As somebody who has been to the DMZ, Korea, and Japan a few times and travelled around the region... I can say the constant feeling of impending attack is very real and I personally feel it's inevitable. Seoul is so close to the DMZ, they will be attacked in my lifetime and the scenario you so rightly layout will play itself out.

#32 FirstTimeCaller, Mar 13, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  13. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

14. Gotham Green

Gotham Green Active Member

I've been to the DMZ and felt similarly as well. The North could do some real damage with the number of artillery tubes they have in range of Seoul as well as their ability to deliver chemical weapons via artillery or short range rockets. The threat of a nerve or blister agent attack is nasty when you know you have access to protective gear, I can't imagine living with that and knowing that you don't.

On the flip side, I read a very interesting article yesterday where the author (it was from some pentagon think-tank) downplayed the risk of that happening. He estimated something like 28,000 casualties if the North did attack Seoul but he felt they never would. Because something like 200 Chinese would be amongst those 28,000 and those 200 Chinese would be predominantly wealthy (and connected) businessmen and their children. He worked through a number of different scenarios about how long the North's artillery might last, how fast it would go down, what would happen in the case of a general North Korean attack on the DMZ to retake the South (hint, they haven't moved the size of units they'd need to move the distance they'd need to move for something like 50 years and supposedly they'd eat up all their fuel stocks within a week or two and have to count on scavenging from abandoned ROK stocks). The whole thing was very interesting and changed my perspective a bit. I'll see if I can find the link and post it here if anybody's interested.

The whole question nobody can really answer is are the North Koreans really crazy? Or is the "crazy" just a means to an end (more food aid from the US, economic aid from the South, gives the people an external enemy to allow him to perpetuate the regime).

edit: Here's the link: http://nautilus.org/napsnet/napsnet...p-between-rhetoric-and-reality/#axzz2NQmyaYM3

#34 Gotham Green, Mar 13, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  15. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

]
    that's good work there flajetfan! nice one. :lol:

what spooks me though is that north korea is a nuclear k-mart, and they would probably sell the materials to make a nuclear weapon to any douchebag terrorist with the money for them, and that is another issue altogether.