No way Zach should play another game for us

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Dec 18, 2022.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Wilson played pretty good. You should beat a team when your defense only gives up 20 though.

LAJet, SOJAZ, IDFjet and 1 other person like this.
  2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Did I say he didn't miss throws? That he was perfect? That he didn't have any part in the loss?

But he drove to them to what would've been the winning TD except the defense fucked up and let Detroit score.

Sinjz likes this.
  3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

It's funny I had errands and was in and out today watching the game

And On my mind were two words for guess who?? HOT GARBAGE

To all the Zach apologist ..go over to the other channels and see how Wilsons classmate Trevor Lawrence is playing..beating up the Boyz

ZW A number 2 pick and a cloud of dust but no W

#83 NYJetsO12, Dec 18, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2022
    SOJAZ likes this.
  4. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Imagine Darnold with the haul we could’ve had for trading the second pick instead of drafting this fucking invalid.

5. george sakell

george sakell Well-Known Member

This is Exactly what he did in the Titans game some good throws but alot of bad throws, followed by nothing else for the next 15 games, alot of the receivers made plays today, when you throw it up like that it can easily go the opposite and be intercepted. Still 51% completion rate vs the worst secondary in the league. If he was playing a good defense he would never have completed any of those long bombs. We are lucky his almost pick 6 cost us only 3 points and that was the differantional in this game, so stop defending this turd, he stinks.

SOJAZ and Jets-N-Terps like this.
  6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

He completed 18 out of 35 passes against a defense allowing a 67.8% completion percentage against the rest of their opponents.

This game was on ZW. If he had played merely well we'd have won going away. He can't complete the short passes you have to be able to make to allow the SFO to function properly. The only time the Jets offense shows any semblance of working is when they go deep vertical and the coaching staff isn't interested in that type of action.

You know why he threw deep to Berrios today? Because that was his third read on the play and he couldn't make either of the first two throws. You know why he threw deep to Jeff Smith? Because that was his third read on the play and he couldn't make either of the first two throws.

Something has to give. ZW and MLF are a marriage made in hell and they are burning each other to a crisp every time they matchup on the game field.

7. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I love how the Cult of Zach went from win/loss and straight to stats today because it's what they have this week.

Never hear about the eye test though... Weird

8. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

You started it with that beyond bizarre comment.

9. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

my post went above people’s heads.
    I’ve been vocal against Zach and I’m saying Zach IS the problem.

SOJAZ likes this.
  10. graig.323

graig.323 Active Member

I think that it speaks volumes that several guys showed up ZW on the field with visible frustration at his inaccuracy and vision. In the past 3 weeks not one guy did that to Mike White. They respect him and want to play for him. With ZW it seems like it's just a job and they are frustrated that this little whiny bitch has been handed the keys to the Ferrari... well in our case, pick your car.

11. JJBagoose

JJBagoose Active Member

This is profound, thank you

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  12. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

well it is clear cut Mills, Jones, Trevor, and Fields are having a better 2 season and progress than ZW. It’s time for him to play consistently, never mind MLF poor play calling

he was good today but as some stated, mixed in with some bad ones. That INT was WTF. . .

13. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

No, I clearly see what you’re saying and putting a big reason they lost on the D. You seem to expect perfection and the timing was bad but there is plenty of other reasons ahead of them to why they lost. Its unfortunate they need to play flawless for the team to win games these days.

14. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

If you're saying that LaFLeur has the lion's shar of the blame, yes I agree.

cval likes this.
  15. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I agree with your point, just not how you got there.

D played very well. But a final drive collapse that causes the team to lose by 3, whatever occurred before, is a top reason you lose. Just like if they stuffed them that drive it's a top reason they win.

KY Jets Fan and Sinjz like this.
  16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It's not on LaFleur that ZW has such bad fundamentals that he keeps sailing passes over his receivers heads on the crossing routes. That's 100% a flaw in ZW's game and he will never be an NFL QB until he fixes it.

Why does he do this? Because his footwork blows chunks. Like raggedy cheesy chunks.

Pepsiguy5, SOJAZ and Acad23 like this.
  17. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

Zach Wilson is a bust and an all time bad draft pick.

jets_fan and Wut? like this.
  18. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

CC, he may not be the reason and I agree he definitely contributed to it. I know you like him for all the reasons we saw today, off platform throws, escape-ability, etc. But I am no longer on the fence about him, he is not the answer. That wild ass throw that got INT and then the other Wildass throws that carter caught was enough for me... I realize they had to play him but he needs a different system and CS to get better.

BTW, I am not sure MW is either but at this point I think he is a better overall QB for this scheme and team.

19. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

The most interesting assessment of Wilson's performance came from what Saleh didn't say at his post-game press conference. Even though White has broken ribs, Saleh refused to commit to starting Wilson on Thursday night. That stunned me.

The truth is that most of Wilson's long completions today came about only because the WRs made exceptional plays to come back to the ball and/or to box out the DB. It looked like Wilson just threw some of those balls up for grabs and hoped like hell his WR would make a great play.

SOJAZ likes this.
  20. george sakell

george sakell Well-Known Member

Zack Wilson stinks but So does Lafleur, to be in the redzone 5 times and not get a td one time with a competent qb and not score once shows how much he sucks. He was never qualified for the job and neither was Saleh, 1 was hired based on a "impressive zoom meeting" and brought his buddy with him. But that's what our great ownership does and obviously it has worked oh so well that we have the longest playoff drought and its not even close.