No way Zach should play another game for us

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Dec 18, 2022.

1. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Realistically we have to win out to have a shot at the playoffs…if ZW can pull a win out on Thursday we have a week and a half to hope MW can come back for Seattle and Miami…

not a huge chance but we do have a shot

I just have zero confidence in ZW at this point, but maybe he pulls a decent performance out his ass

I’ll be at the game…flying out from LA just to be there so I hope my trip is worth it

2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

#Enjoy and go Jets

3. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

zwilson is overdue to have a good game...right?
    Go Jets!

KY Jets Fan and The Dark Knight like this.
  4. george sakell

george sakell Well-Known Member

You have more of a chance of Zack getting hit by lightning 3 times in the same day than him running the table and playing well for 3 games or even 3 minutes straight.

Jets79 likes this.
  5. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Why are you still holding onto this? You’re not seeing Mike White under center unless Zach gets hurt. If we win, Zach’s getting the start the week after. If we lose, Zach is finishing out the season for experience. White is a FA, he’s going to get paid good enough money that we won’t be able to match it without trading Zach. Douglas and this FO will not give up on their pick and pay 5th round journeyman.

6. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

lol man this guy absolutely nailed it. The warnings were there in college

Br4d, JetFanInPA and The Dark Knight like this.
  7. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

No way they coached him to run OOB when we have 2 TOs. If so, that's bad coaching.

I'm not trying to be hyper critical of Elijah for doing what he did because I acknowledge that's a very difficult spot. I just felt like he could've gone down immediately and saved us a couple of yards.

ColoradoContrails and IDFjet like this.
  8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yikes! He really did nail it. Also shows you that Zach hasn't changed or progressed too much since entering the NFL. Thanks for sharing. He needs to really focus on those flaws this off-season.

9. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

There's a section here who think he has had a good game recently

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  10. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Great breakdown. I'm curious about examples of other QBs who struggled with this coming into the NFL and how they fared. Wonder if there are any success stories or if this is something that doesn't tend to improve with QBs.

11. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Coaches do not coach WRs to understand late-game clock management. Please stop!

12. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

If so, I'll just say it again, that's bad coaching.

Ralebird likes this.
  13. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Agreed, Moore has blame here. He has made multiple dumb choices this year on and off the field. He may just not be very smart.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  14. burf

burf Well-Known Member

It's kinda hysterical reading all the anti-Zach hysteria. For the first time, last night, unbelievably on national-media, some football insiders finally put a focus on Zach's real problem (link below).
    So many here, see vids of Zach in college, & say he still looks the same. Yet, these same people seem incapable of taking the next logical step. If he looks the same, maybe, there's something wrong with what the Jets are doing with him, & who's doing it... ya think?
    Defensive-minded HC; Neophyte OC; Neophyte QB coach... all with no experience developing an NFL QB.
    Shock of shocks... he looks the same as he did in college.
    Unfortunately, Saleh is still in denial. It wasn't Zach that needed the reset... it was Saleh, & his offensive coaching staff. They've failed to develop him.
    So, my suggestion to y'all... take a breath, put the emotions aside, and ask yourself, "If I invested the 2nd overall pick in a draft on a raw, talented-player, would I choose coaches with no experience to guide him?" And would you design an offense to utilize his natural talents, or try to force him to run an offense that highlights his current deficiencies?

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Glad you brought this up KY because I was thinking about it too. Plus I was thinking about the non-catch recently where he had the easy-for-the-nfl opportunity to toe tap and didn't even try.

I've been a big proponent of Elijah since the draft--but he doesn't play as smart as I thought he was.

On that comeback he should have gotten down quicker--undoubtedly in my mind.

16. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Because you’re creating two different scenarios. An older player that gains rep in college is different than a player that is the same age gaining reps in the pros.

There really isn’t a cliff for quarterbacks anymore because they’re so protected, unless they’re run-heavy quarterbacks. So age is also less relevant for quarterbacks than it’s ever been.

And bringing Burrow into any sort of discussion with Wilson is a disgrace dude. Again, he had the best quarterback season of all time in college against one of the toughest schedules ever. He beat the defending national champion and the next two national champions in the same season!

Are you really comparing Cousins’ four game sample size in his first two years to Wilson’s 21 game sample size?! I can give you tons of examples to your three so-so examples, of quarterback’s that didn’t progress simply because they got older.

BrooklynJetsFan likes this.
  17. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Ok So now our wide receivers have to make unbelievable catches in two-man coverage and get down in the final seconds of the game. what more you want from them?

What if the Lions players decided not to touch him and let the clock run out - while he rolled around on the ground saying PLEASE TOUCH ME...I'm sure the Lions WRs coaches coached them to do THIS....since WRs get clock management coaching. What a thought?

SALEH call a timeout. That's it!

#437 BrooklynJetsFan, Dec 20, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2022
  18. cval

cval Well-Known Member

3 pretty highly drafted Qbs, what do they know?

ColoradoContrails and burf like this.
  19. burf

burf Well-Known Member

And you'll notice, there are no responses to what people who know football say. Just the over-emotional Zach sucks crap, spewed by know-nothings like Francesa, et al. The plain reality that Zach hasn't received proper coaching is totally ignored.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  20. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Let’s just sign Geno and Darnold and have a battle of the busts.

IIMeanDeanII and heartpumpsgreen like this.