No way Zach should play another game for us

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Dec 18, 2022.

1. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

yes just copy and paste team needs from year to year.....

if the jets anoint/sign white as i expect them to for next year they will have to continue to address the OL.

add another WR early and the rest for the front seven on D.

2. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

other thing we have to realize is that white can also improve with the proper resources.

Jets81 and Linebacker712 like this.
  3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Remember this past Draft..?

The entire Football World gave JD an A for getting guys like Sauce and G Wilson

After that ..our OL was the that blaring hole and Elephant in Room was badly overlooked ...JD counted on Trades and FA to shore up with previously drafted AVT and M Becton . Once injured we were in big trouble!

Yes.. I am all in on stocking the shelves with those OLs

heartpumpsgreen likes this.
  4. george sakell

george sakell Well-Known Member

You put a good offensive line in to protect Mike White and he is a more than capable starter, instant superbowl contender next year.

5. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

We gonna act like Sauce and GW were the wrong picks though?

It is what it is, Jets went from a team with minimal talent to average talent this year but there was no way JD could’ve fixed the entire roster last offseason. He counted on Tomlinson, Becton, and Fant to be adequate which in hindsight looks bad. Hopefully this offseason they’ll continue to plug the remaining holes we have and go from there.

NYJetsO12 and James Hasty like this.
  6. fggrimes

fggrimes Well-Known Member

Something to consider - and I think it has been touched on here - is, no matter how we feel about Zach as fans, it really doesn't mean a thing. The real issue is how the rest of the team feels about him and whether they think he gives them the best chance to win.

I love Garrett Wilson. He has all the makings of being the first home-grown superstar we've had at Wide Receiver since a very long time, but his reactions (I'd reluctantly describe as unprofessional and uncalled for from a rookie) to some of Zach's throws today seemingly says a lot. Zach is going to have to turn that around through his performance and the head coach, staff, Joe Douglas, etc., are going to have tamp that down or ultimately decide he is too far gone within the locker room and send him packing. Zach (and his teammates) have left them with one heck of a fine line to walk when it comes to managing Zach's status and future as a Jet.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. yanks9596

yanks9596 Well-Known Member

Frankly, I’m really sick and tired of hearing that Zach Wilson has “arm talent”, “all the talent in the world”, etc. Prove it.

8. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

I agree with you 100% on Garrett, he's going to be a star, as we speak I bet every jet fan has voted 1000 times a piece to get him Pepsi rookie of the week

9. The Rexecutioner

Totally agree with this take. I’m sick of hearing “he has all the talent in the world”. Talent means shit if your brain lags behind. Zach has to get the mental part of the game down because he makes the biggest bone headed mistakes. Zach is cooked until proven otherwise. This is Mike Whites job to lose.

10. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Today he completed a pass 50 yards in the air.

He sucks but he does have arm talent.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

What I'm saying is opposing defenses will never let us get close to 100 rushing yards because they know we're not a serious threat in the air, so they just stack the box.

All Gas No Shake and KingRoach like this.
  12. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

Mike White with a healthy Oline and Breece Hall is a 11 win team next season

13. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

That’s not even remotely true. He missed 8 throws today where the receivers had separation. If your Qb misses that many, it’s certainly taking points off the scoreboard. He’s a large reason why they only had 17 points but not the sole reason they lost. This team failed at some point in all 3 phases and it’s hard to overcome that.

14. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

He'll probably play another game because we can't have nice things(in this case a healthy White).

15. cyber16382

cyber16382 New Member

How about giving Brady a one year deal?

KingRoach likes this.
  16. heartpumpsgreen

heartpumpsgreen Active Member

I'm going to keep this reply short and sweet:

ZW is a one read QB. Period. End of story. If his 1st read is taken away, he either scrambles and goes off script (cross your fingers, maybe he makes a nice heave downfield) or he takes a sack.

ZW is not really playing QB. The OC is the QB. One read. He's not ready. He can get better.

Imagesrdecieving likes this.
  17. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

In 10 years Zach will be the next Seattle Seahawks QB...book it

KingRoach and heartpumpsgreen like this.
  18. george sakell

george sakell Well-Known Member

He has more of a chance being Ceo of Jet Blue than being a starting Qb in the Nfl in 10 years.

19. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

One of my biggest takeaways was seeing the body language of the guys in the huddle when Zach was leading it. They looked miserable. Freaking Garrett Wilson was outright yelling at him on national tv lol These guys clearly don’t like Zach even on a personal level. I don’t think this situation is salvageable.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  20. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I honestly feel this way too. I think they didn't like him possibly unfairly, liked him less when he clearly wasn't a #1 QB but was handed the job, then when he refused to take ownership of having the worst game a QB has had in years I think it went straight to fuck this guy.

Fair or not, the body language reads the team isn't a fan of Wilson. Constantly players are yelling at him, or beingdemonstrative, that show at best not much respect.

Unless he really excels, I think getting traded is a big possibility

#200 JackBower, Dec 18, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2022