No Shanahan or Schott for Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Ralphw, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Woody doesn't want a coach that wants Favre to go.

2. e-x

e-x New Member

i think it's still early in their search, i wouldn't count anyone out at this point, aside from cowher

i think they maybe fell in love with mangini a little too soon and they don't want to make the same mistake with spags

they should at least interview them, if they are interested

3. chopke

chopke New Member

Sadly, I suspect Steve032 is right. I don't think Woody is enough of a "football guy" to be able to accurately and unequivocally say that no potential HC has the ability to handle both the HC and GM duties. That seems especially true if you consider that he isn't even interviewing these guys. It would be one thing if he interviewed Shanahan and decided to pick someone else instead because he thinks Tanny + rookie coach is better than Shanahan as coach + GM.

Honestly, I can't think of any reason other than trying to keep Favre that Woody would be universally opposed to giving a HC a role in personnel decisions, as opposed to making that decision on a case by case basis.

4. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

This really does suck. I don't think ANYONE wants to join the Jets right now. If I'm a young coordinator, why would I want to inherit this mess? So I can crash and burn like Mangini?

UGH!

5. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

We should hire Norm Chow then.

6. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

7. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

You guys are dumb asses – someone was locked before they fired that retarded ball boy. All of the media reports are shenanigans.

Remember when there was no way in hell we were getting Favre?