No excuses...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ColoradoContrails, Sep 28, 2019.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Offensive genius!

ColoradoContrails and grkmanga31 like this.
  2. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

After losing their first 3 games against an 0 and 3 team at home they put on a clinic. The Steelers have one of the best OL in the game and they QB they put in was actually the No. 2 QB on their depth chart and drafted to replace their starter in a couple of years.

Mike Tomlin is one of the best coaches in the NFL and wasn't available. If Tomlin is available I'm all in on replacing Gase with Tomlin.

cval likes this.
  3. BroadwayAaron

Look at what they did with their RBs. Direct snaps, misdirection, *gasp* running outside the numbers! We run two direct snaps directly up the middle with two guys who are probably better than Connor and Samuels. And outside of JuJu, who the hell do they have at receiver? A rookie and some backups, and those guys did most of the damage! Fichtner had Connor looking more like Bell than Gase does. They designed plays to open the field in every area, which Gase hasn't done in any of his years as an OC or a coach outside of his time with Peyton Manning, a hall of famer. I'd be willing to bet that if you switched rosters, the Steelers would not be ranked 32nd in almost every offensive category.

And to response to your last post, the issue is not with the Gase we've seen weeks 1-3, the issue is that's the same Gase we saw in Chicago and Miami. He hasn't changed his style one bit and there's no signs of it changing any time soon.

SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

um. they played the shitty Bengals guys....

if Darnold aint back by week 13, we will see how the Jets do with a backup QB against the Bengals

5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

what have you liked from douglas? I like the hairston trade but outside of that it's been all misses.

6. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Every single move JD has made has been a low risk attempt to get a bottom of the roster player to come contribute to our team. He hasn't even had one offseason yet...

7. GasedAndConfused

I'm not saying he's bad, i'm just saying there hasn't been anything to like or dislike about him yet really. he hasn't even had 1 real offseason. the kalil move was awful though, the hairston move was great, the DT move was poor. the rest was basic maintenance of a roster

8. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

They have 3 pro bowl players on their OL. Stop pretending I didn't respond. Their creative O with HOF Ben Rothlisberger put up 301 total yards against the Pats and 3 points. There OL went out and manhandled a mediocre Bengals team that was flat as a pancake on the road. FYI the great Bengals D is 27th against the run. It took them 4 games to be competitive with way more talent than we have on O.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  9. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Both of whom were on my bench in FF this week, arse biscuits. :(

10. BroadwayAaron

This response basically proves my point. They clearly ran a completely different offense last night than they did the first 2 weeks with Ben. It was completely different than last week really. They completely changed the script regardless of what they actually thought they could do by sticking with the same old gameplan. Tomlin flat out said he doesn't like what they did but they had to do what it takes to win. Any coach with a brain can do that. A stubborn, bad coach doesn't do that. One of those describes our coach.

SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  11. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

I’m not the biggest Gase guy but it’s hard to see any team go into New England with a bad o line and their 3rd string QB and do much of anything

All of these creative ideas are fine but if your o-line can’t consistently block you’re going to have a ton of trouble regardless of what you try to do on offense... Not to mention Luke Falk looked like a deer in the headlights

SOJAZ likes this.
  12. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The Steelers O was mediocre last night. They had 326 net yards. They had 436 against the 49ers the week before. The difference last night was the Bengals had 175 net yards and 2 turnovers. The Steelers O last night by NFL standards was at best mediocre. What they did do is got an early lead and their OL men put their pads into defenders. There was nothing special about what the Steelers did on O last night. They blocked on O and tackled on D.

Sam-Football is basically about OL men putting their pads into defenders and defenders making tackles. All the other shit you think is cool flows from that.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  13. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

It’s ok, I had Godwin on my bench too. Didn’t think he’d go off against the LA second with a sore hip. Boy was I wrong. He’s getting the start for the rest of the season.

K'OB likes this.
  14. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

He was hired because hes an offense minded coach, and to develop Sam Darnold. Sam D is the main reason Gase is hired. Sam is the Franchise, so the higher ups want to do possible to help Sam succeed.
    That's why having Sam out and asking Gase to be fired makes no sense. Gase will be fired when we see Sam sucking and team losing

cval likes this.
  15. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I love how you used the word "when." That's how you know you're a Jets fan.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

How is it that the offense looked better last year than this year with the additions of Bell, Crowder, and Osemele? Last year's OL was nothing to write home about. Was Bates a better play caller than Gase? If so, then yikes. :eek:

17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

In all fairness, the offense looked this bad last year in the games Darnold missed. And while we didn't have Bell, Crowder, or Osemele, we did have McCown. So I wouldn't say Bates was better than Gase...not worse on the other hand...

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Excellent post!

19. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Yes he was down as doubtful for most of the week and then game time decision, I mean what are you meant to do, I have made loads of these errors this year in my different teams, sickening lol

20. GasedAndConfused

that's fantasy life sadly. shit happens and we start wrong people. it's all luck anyway. no amount of research can fix that

K'OB likes this.