No excuses...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ColoradoContrails, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Because Sam doesn't make calls at the line on blocking assignments. Sam doesn't block at all and sadly, neither does his OLIne. With or without Sam, the OLine still sucks as they showed NOTHING from Gm2 to the present. I would hold out some remote hope the Jets will improve greatly because Sam is back BUT, Sam is a 2nd year QB and still has a lot of learning to do in yet another highly questionable offensive system. Unless Gase is planning to play 2 TE's all game and stop force feeding Bell, Sam is in mortal danger until the OLine proves they are competent enough to get their jobs done. Despite the multitude of excuses, the entire team is 0-4 headed for 0-5.

SOJAZ, ColoradoContrails and K'OB like this.
  2. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

He didn't interview with either of them. The Browns didn't want to interview him if Freddie Kitchens wasn't going to be the OC. Dorsey didn't want him to call plays. They never interviewed. He didn't want to interview with the Cards. He never interviewed. He didn't turn down a job with either one of them.

As I said he's getting paid and burnt out. He doesn't really give a shit about coaching right now. If he was a football junkie and an NFL HC he would have interviewed for the Cardinals job and begged for the Cleveland job. He has something to prove but no thanks. He told everyone I'm the greatest and I don't care, full control I'm Mike McCarthy. He's not working.

If he was offered either job and turned them down he's not NFL HC material. Kyle Murray may be better than both Mayfield and Sam. I don't think he will be better than Sam but it was a no brainer to take either job on any condition.

3. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Speaking the truth doesn't make me hate Rodgers. But I do recognize Rodgers was at least half the problem in the conflict. What does irk me is that he is showing no class about it still.

After the Dallas game a reporter asked why the Packers were off to such a good start. Did Rodgers say they have a much better defense, or maybe a vastly improved running game? No, he said with the new coach we all get along much better in the locker room. Even the reporters looked embarrassed for him after he said it. This is almost a year later and he still takes petty, unnecessary, jabs at his former HC. The feud is over Aaron and you won - move on already. Your starting to sound like Baker Mayfield.

4. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Dumb comment by Rodgers for sure and I have no doubt Rodgers, like Mike has a huge ego. Mike wanted to come to the Jets because he thought the ownership was so weak they would give him full control. The reality is he didn't interview with anyone else because he wasn't going to get it.

When Mike was fired the reason given by the President of the Packers was complacency. The guy is sitting at home collecting 9 million. Doesn't sound like a guy who's totally into coaching football. Sounds like complacency.

Bruce Arians "retired" to get out clean from the Cardinals and took a job in the broadcast both. He couldn't stand being out of football for 10 minutes.

5. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

Gase ran the dolphins team into the ground.his o-line coach was doing lines of cocaine before practices. Gases said he was a hard worker. Players hated him Ajayi lead team in rushing(traded during season). Landry gone,Phillips gone . The dolphins always had the worst o-line in the league under Gase. That honor now belongs to the Jets. One thing in common. Gase.. Gase was so Toxic to the Dolphins organization that they decided to tank after going 7-9,they were I believe 7-6 before a late 3 game losing streak. To totally blow up an organization and get rid of any part of Gases last 3 yrs in Miami shows how bad he is. There is usually something left you build on . I think we are in for a long haul and even if we have a little bit of success,it will be like when Rex left once we get rid of Gase. We will have to burn the Meadowlands to get rid of the stench of Gase