No Comments on Favre Rumors?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Long Time Jet Fan, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

True.

I think it's also the contrast with the rest of the board. Last year a lot of the same stuff happened and it was all Chad's fault--we couldn't run because he had a weak arm, couldn't block or play D because Chad had a weak arm. Now with Favre, people act like he can do no wrong even when he does, now everything is Mangini's fault. Before Herm left it was all his fault, then it went to Chad. It is certainly a double standard.

2. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Bush Administration Strategy 101. Comon people, you really can't see this? Seriously?

Why do you think the Packers hired Ari Fleischer to sit in an office and make Darth Vader sounds with a fan? THIS is what they hired the guy for.

Management was afraid of fan backlash for Favre's mistreatment. The Packers were FG away from the SuperBowl last year and now they're sitting on a mediocre 4-3. Hmm let's see how can we prevent fan's from running us out of office--wait for it: Oh ya let's make Favre the bad guy! Durka Durka

It's as CLEAR AS DAY.

Ari Fleischer is the biggest fucking scumbag in the world. Get hit by a train please.

3. ElleBlue

ElleBlue New Member

Yes, he sure is the same guy. I think he's got it in for Favre.

4. Italian Seafood

If anyone saw Jets Open Mic, Favre answered it pretty clearly and thoroughly, made perfect sense to me.

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

My agenda is I want a winning tam. I criticized Chad and the old regime when they deserved it and I am criticizing Favre and the current regime b/c they deserve it. I want to win! I said I didn't want the Favre trade to happen for many reasons, reasons which SO FAR have come true BUT I want to be wrong about it. I want it to work out, I want Favre to be great here and take us deep into January- THAT is my agenda!

6. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

nyjunc is my long lost twin brother. :wink::beer:

7. Favre4Ever

Favre4Ever New Member

The sabotage is coming from Ted Thompson or his hired help i.e. Ari Fleischer. I think that's who Favre's alluding to.

8. Favre4Ever

Favre4Ever New Member

You don't know the context in which Favre's text message to Peter King was in. You're drawing conclusions whithout knowing the entire scope of the denial. Was he denying any contact at all or only portions of it? Unless you know that you're just spreading gossip by believing he's hiding something.

9. Favre4Ever

Favre4Ever New Member

It sounds like the phone convo occured while Brett was driving home from the Jets practice facility. However long that drive takes is about how long the call was. They asked if the Lions had him on speaker phone and he said he didn't know because he had it on speaker phone in his vehicle.

10. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

In Grogan's defense...he's a fucking moron..and doesn't know any better. :wink:

11. KSJets

KSJets New Member

You are so full of shit.

12. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

You defend the old regime and QB way more than you criticize them.

Tell the truth.

13. dubagedi

dubagedi New Member

This was a story written by a reporter at one of major newspapers in a country and had a few quotes on the record from former teammates. Do you think if this happened with T.O ESPN would show some restraint and wait for confirmation?

14. Italian Seafood

I do the same often, but that's because people pick a guy to blame everything on and after they leave they just get all the dirt heaped on them, at least on here.

15. OhioJetsFan

OhioJetsFan Member

Mistreatment?

BULLSHIT.

Favre tried to hold the NFL's most storied franchise hostage, his ego making himself bigger than Jesus.

No player EVER has the right to hold a team hostage... not even Favre.

16. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I probably do b/c they take more abuse than anyone else and it's just not justified. We happen to see more threads bashing them even though they did alot more to help us than the current regime has so far and Chad did alot more than Favre has done so far.

17. KSJets

KSJets New Member

I hate to tell you this, but once Mangini leaves, you'll see people ripping into him too. It's just how it is. People always hate the last regime unless they leave after winning the team a Super Bowl. It's just the way it is.

18. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Wait...so you're comparing Brett Favre's 8 Weeks to Chad Pennington's 8 years? Yeah, that's a good and fair comparison. Either way, you'd still be wrong. Technically, Brett Favre has done more by Week 8 in his first year here as a Jet, than Chad Pennington did by Week 8 in his first year as a Jet in 2000.