NLCS: Cardinals-Mets

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by Boss Revis, Oct 8, 2006.

1. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

We have a guys named Beltran and Delgado. Wright is a young and up and coming player.

Just because he makes panties wet, doesn't change the fact he is 23.

2. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

I am so glad, I can enjoy the ride. I want Championships of course. This season was so much fun, so many great moments.

3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

being upset that they lost does not equate to feeling entitled that they win. I'm not quite sure the correlation you are attempting to make.

I'm not judging each player individually and for every single play of the game. but judging the performance of the team as a whole for an entire game has nothing to do with the 1 in 3 average that you are attempting to make. the team sent over 30 batters to the plate last night and got one run, that is far below any 1 for 3 correlation you are attempting to make. if you want to make an average comparrison, compare how many runs the Mets scored last night to how many they averaged in the regular season, which is where the expectation of their performance is derived from. to judge them against a performance they have shown to be able to accomplish is more that reasonable.

the Mets had a great season and it was exciting, but to have that great of a season and lose to a team that they were obviously better than...at least in the regular season, is disappointing, but how they were simply dominated at the plate, at home, and for the biggest game of the year, by a team they were better than, at least in the regular season, that is embarrasing.

you don't think some of the players are embarassed by their performance for getting dominated like that. I am sure they are, thus their performance was one that can cause embarrasment. perhaps I personalize the Mets too much, but nobody here can criticize that considering they are on a sports team message board quite often conversating about their team, meaning they personalize their teams far more than the casual fan.

4. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

It seems like people just have different views of the word embarrassed or are using it in different contexts.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Met players were embarrassed that they couldn't figure out Jeff Suppan. However, I am not embarrassed by the teams performance. I recognize they didn't get it done, but am pretty much just disappointed in how the series and Game 7 transpired.

5. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

He's supposed to be the third baseman. What's this "supposed to be the team leader" crap?

6. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

Struck out looking. Still in shock.

7. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

I'm glad to see you guys are waaaaay off. I hope you all picked Detroit to win tomorrow :wink:

edit: the Lions, I mean :grin:

8. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

I hope Pujols breaks a leg... or every bone in his body.