NFLdraftcountdown newest Mock-Jarvis Moss?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by penny10jet, Jan 18, 2007.

1. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

I have found this sites mock draft to be the most knowledgable and realistic out of any others on the net. However, in the news edition, it has the NYJ selecting Jarvis Moss, the DE out of Florida. I, personally think that is crazy. The Jets run a 3-4. The purpose of lineman is to fill the gaps. Green is just 250. He's way too small to be on the line for a 3-4. Opinions?

2. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

damn...i was the second one to start this thread. At least i wasn't the third. But in my defense the one started before me just talked about the 2nd round and i only talked about the first...merge please

3. jamesAngleton

jamesAngleton New Member

He won't be on the D-Line. He will be opposite Bryan Thomas as an OLB. That is what they mean. The D-Line prospect, according NFL Draft Countdown will be Ikiaka Alama Francis.

I personally think we should draft this way. I am thinking OLB, DE, CB & RB.

1. Lamar Woodley
    2a. Adam Carriker
    2B. Aaron Ross
    3. Antonio Pittman

4. AnyGivenSunday

AnyGivenSunday Active Member

If Moss is there at our pick, its a no brainer...he is going to be a beast in this league

5. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

:rofl: Um...should I tell him :lol:

6. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

Lamarr Woodley is the only player that will be there for those picks at this point. Carriker may not even around for the first rounder, Ross will be a high to mid 2nd rounder. Pittman should also be a borderline 2nd/3rd round pick. Of course that's only at this point though...

7. Force

Force New Member

How would that be crazy? He's one of the top 3-4 linebacker prospects in the draft. Sounds like something we could use for sure.

8. Richiebsweet

Richiebsweet Active Member

Moss would be a good pickup for the JETS at 25 since his stock is rising after the National Championship game and Lamarr Woodley has fallen off after his last two performances in games against Ohio State & USC. The next big determining factor will be how well these guys do at the combine and their respective pro-days.

9. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

anyone know of this Ikiaka Alama-Francis they have us taking with #57 pick?

10. Brooks Brady

Brooks Brady New Member

You're the first I've seen to bring Ross up. I LOVE this guy. He's unusually tall for a corner who can match up with big receivers and also has the speed that could make him one of the best corners in the league. I would take him with our first second round pick, because I don't think he'll be there with #57. But I love your mock, except for Pittman. We already have a bigger-sized back in Leon, and we don't need another small back. We need a big, bruiser who can pound the ball between the tackles.

11. JETSimpala

JETSimpala New Member

I like this mock draft. Of course I liked the previous mocks where they had us pinned with Marshawn Lynch, but I can live with this one. =p.
    Jarvis Moss has so much talent on the end. I watched him on previous games and he toasted tackle's trying to block him. He will probably play on the end on of the linebacking corps. Where he will take some time off of Hobson on the outside. I doubt he is stout enough to be the defensive end on the line, but I may be wrong.
    This is where Alama-Francis comes along. Great size in 6'5 and 280 lbs. Kiper was high on him later on in the season, and he would be a great addition to the line and replace Kimo.
    Kenny Irons has the talent to be a starter too, but there are questions of picking Michael Bush instead of Irons. We'll see how the future goes, especially with the combine coming up - there will be a lot of players coming up and players dropping.

12. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Don't forget accurate as well. I'd be happy with that draft thus far though. I would find it hard to pass up on Patrick Willis though and would prefer him to Vilma in MLB , move Vilma OLB??

13. lightning

lightning Active Member

We'd be set at OLB, not to mention Vilma doesn't fit that mold.

14. sanchizeqb

sanchizeqb Active Member

Jarvis Moss is a freak athlete and would be exactly the type of OLB we'd be praying to fall to our pick. So many options available in this deep of a draft at that position, it gives me headaches.

15. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Yeah but with a little help he could.