NFL worst moments... the sporting news

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by alleycat9, Nov 25, 2015.

1. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

2. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

I had guessed which one they picked before reading the article. Their choice isn't even in the top 10.
    Vinnie going down was the first to come to mind to me.

3. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

That would probably be my first thought cause I experienced it...but the '86 Browns playoff game would still be my pick if I voted it. The funny part is I don't think they did bad with MOST of the other teams but with us it's always about the off-field embarassment rather than picking a real on-field downer of a moment.

4. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

5. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

This list (and entire credibility of the sporting news) just went down the toilet when I saw Washington R------s

Somebody needs to lose their job over that.

alleycat9 likes this.
  6. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Tuck rule is worst call in all sports. Junc would normally tell me it was the right call haha no Junc. I will never forget that game, because we were snowed in watching it. I was 16 then, with some of my friends...none of us could understand how that wasn't a fumble than..? Brady even knew it was a fumble... That's why he tried to kick the recovering Oakland defender. The NFL forever changed after that day. The last 14years have been dominated by the pats, and which ever qb was the sexiest sell. New England went from no fan base to everyone and their mom.

For a sport that has 11 players on each side of the ball, it's incredible how many rules and regs have been instilled to support one position.

I think middle linebackers should prepare and choose the game footballs....and they should get a flag if they don't drive the quarterback into the ground ;)

alleycat9 likes this.
  7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Fake Spike and the Mud Bowl. Of course some halfhead writer picks the Buttfumble, which happened in a TNF game in a year when we already sucked.

8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i would have picked the fake spike, the gastineau roughing the passer, vinny's achilles over the fumble. but the media doesn't miss a chance to rehash it.

9. Pocket Jet

Pocket Jet Well-Known Member

agreed, was there as well. I never witnessed a stadium becoming so quiet right after he went down.