NFL Quick Mock Draft

Discussion in 'Draft' started by DonnieIsTheKing, Nov 23, 2006.

1. Jabba the Jet

Jabba the Jet New Member

Donnie, you wanna pick for the Jets?

If not, let me know and I'll do it ... but only if you don't want too ... Its your mock so I'd rather see you do the honors if you wish too ... Just offering in case you'd rather not

2. Jabba the Jet

Jabba the Jet New Member

Delete this post

#22 Jabba the Jet, Nov 24, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2006
  3. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

Thank you for leaving me the option to change the pick, and I think I will. I don't like the idea of taking a QB in the first round this year... Chad still has 2 or 3 years left in him and we just used a 2nd rounder on Clemens. Yes Clemens is unproven, but over the next 2 or 3 years we'll get to see him a little bit. If he doesn't pan out, then we still have Chad to start out the rest of a season and then we can draft a first round QB then.

Instead, I like the idea of taking a playmaking, franchise running back that will be very explosive behind our building offensive line. Say hello to:

HB Marshawn Lynch, California

[​IMG]

Our offense is pretty much locked up for now (unless someone wants to replace Askew with Leonard), and then we can focus on defense for the rest of the draft.

#23 DonnieIsTheKing, Nov 24, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2006
  4. Jabba the Jet

Jabba the Jet New Member

Good Pick, Donnie ... that's who I would have taken if the probable franchise QB wasn't on the board ... there's no way the QB should have slid this far anyway, he's a TOP 10 lock, but Lynch is a Good Pick for the Jets :up:

5. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

The 49ers select Alan Branch, DT, Michigan

[​IMG]

6. DonnieIsTheKing

Yea... Brohm should've definitely been snatched by the Rams, IMO, who would probably have an amazing offense if they had an actual QB.

7. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

The Eagles select Marcus McCauley CB Fresno St

8. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

Bulger is having a great year in St. Louis.
    completing 63.5% of his passes, 4th in the league in yardage, 13-3 TD-INT, 93.9 QB rating.

9. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

Whooooooooops

#29 Rambo13, Nov 24, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2006
  10. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Bengals select DE/OLB Lamarr Woodley out of Michigan...Because lets face it they put no pressure on the opposing QB and their D is just bad in general. Woodley can put pressure and certainly fits the bill. Its a great pick by the Bengals IMO.

[​IMG]

11. DonnieIsTheKing

Kurt Warner did better then that, then went to Arizona and sucked balls.

Do you remember when Bulger was hurt last year and that Ivy League kid was tearing up defenses?

I am a firm believer that the St. Louis QB job is a system-related job (just like the Broncos and their RB) and if they ever got a real athlete in there then look out.

12. DonnieIsTheKing

I can't pick anymore because I've done my 4, but I have a lot of Cowboy fans in the family and they are a team I follow and know quite a bit about. WR help would be nice, and there's 2 prospects still on the board that they'd be drooling over. There are also a few OL around that would assist a mediocre OL, like maybe at the RT position.

13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

So a 58.2 passer rating is tearing it up? He had one good game against a team in the bottom third in pass defense and total defense, and he tore it up?

Martz's system can be a quarterback system. It will no longer be system-related for quarterbacks, because Linehan features a more run-heavy offense with the emergence of Steven Jackson. Saying positions are system related is complete horseshit. With the exclusion of Olandis Gary, every back in Denver has gone elsewhere and proven to be solid. Reuben Droughns, Clinton Portis, Mike Anderson.

Just because players at the same position keep putting up big numbers in the same system, doesn't mean they are just benefitting from the system. USC consistantly puts out excellent quarterbacks, but they are all great NFL prospects, despite the fact everyone says its the system in college football.

I quoted the wrong post too.

14. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The Dallas Cowboys select Levi Brown, RT, Penn State.

[​IMG]

Really a no brainer for a team that keeps featuring several different right tackles. Colombo doesn't get under defenders , because he's too tall. Fabini is way too old and Pettiti sucks. Brown is a football player that someone like Parcells would love.

15. dwalsh

looking at the rest of the teams, i just can't see where Brian Brohm is going to go (easily top-15 talent; possibly top-10)
    The only place i can maybe see him going it to the Ravens. If he is still available now in the real draft, expect to see either the Bucs, Raiders, or Bills ot trade up and get him

16. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

um look at the last time it was updated it is very old.

17. dwalsh

what are you talking about?

18. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

never mind

19. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I don't remember it because it didn't happen.

Fitzpatrick was great off the bench against Houston. He started the next three games and was awful.

20. DonnieIsTheKing

My mistake, the Houston game was so fresh in my mind and I completely forgot the other three.