NFL Players Poll re: Who is Overated

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Wahoo, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Stats aside, there's something about Mark Sanchez that makes me want him to succeed.

He's the anti-Clemens.

#61 Acad23, Nov 11, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  2. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

You mean the guy with 3 Super Bowl rings, the most TD passes in NFL history and the only unanimous MVP in NFL history?

Yep, totally overrated.

3. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

How can anyone consider Mark Sanchez overrated? He's constantly labeled as a the team's biggest weakness by nearly anyone associated with the NFL.

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Mark Sanchez is one of the most UNDERrated players in the league.

5. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

As posters like Brunell's Debt, Bloke and Tommy have pointed out in this thread, how can one be overrated when everybody, and I do mean almost everybody, kills him for any possible thing they can? It's a joke. He's not Mr. Stat Filler, but you know what, he's won more than 65 percent of the time he's been on the field. For a guy with one college season and less than three pro seasons, that's pretty unheard of.

I was driving to work on Monday and I actually heard the Beningo rant live, and I was laughing my ass off. Even though Roberts is a Jets fan, he came off as very trollish (dare I say). Beningo had a very good point, and Carl Banks seemed to mostly agree with what Joe was saying. Banks himself said, "hey, the kid wins, that's all that matters."

Marky, the writer you were thinking of is Mike Vaccaro. He's the columnist for the NY Post. That was a good article, but, imo, Vaccaro is the best sports columnist in all of New York. His articles about everything are usually spot on, imo. He wrote a lot of great articles when St. John's still had Norm Roberts (ugh!) and I think they were the breaking point for getting Lavin in here.

#65 guinness77, Nov 11, 2011
  6. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Yeah, junc. You tell them...He does make some bad mistakes, but what QB doesn't? They all do, even Tom Brady, even Drew Brees. I'm not making a comparison, btw.

7. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

FYP

Dear lord he has his faults but he is a rising star if he continues to improve and continues to win. The bias you have made the rest of your post fucking ridiculous.

8. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

What exactly is the "mistake" I'm making? I never said he was great. Nobody rates him in the upper echilon of QBs and rightfully so. He shows flashes of greatness and foolishness. Therefore, he's currently an average guy. I don't know anyone who calls him elite therefore, how can he be overrated? If anything, people make him out to be a poor QB; which isn't the case. So if you really think about it, as nyjunc said, he's probably underrated.

As far as Tebow,the fact that he's starting makes him overrated alone. Matter of fact, the fact that he was drafted 1st round makes him overrated. Hate to play the race card,but if he was black, he'd be a Wildcat QB or a TE or something. Not only did he not deserve Orton's job (who isn't great himself), but people forget that he was even outplayed by Quinn. How'd he just leapfrog Quinn? He's just a marketing image IMO.

#68 Franchize, Nov 11, 2011
  9. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

...I love my Pats, but, god damn the fans can be dumb.