NFL Players Poll re: Who is Overated

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Wahoo, Nov 10, 2011.

1. The Mak

The Mak New Member

Awww geez, PIPE DOWN EVAN. YOU FUCKING CLOWN.

2. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Everyone thinks Sanchez sucks, so how can he be overrated, unless players think he REALLY sucks.

Don't you have to be considered good before you can be overrated? Same goes for Tebow. It's not like he gets press about what a great QB he is, outside of running the ball and winning.

Ochocinco, Tampa Mike Williams, Josh Freeman and Chris Johnson would be good candidates for overrated.

3. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

THIS.

Bullshit list is bullshit.

4. Prince of Thieves

Prince of Thieves New Member

He's elite, sorry.

And at that point in his career, Sanchez will be as well.

5. jetsons

jetsons Well-Known Member

Jc... What the hell was that!!!

6. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

lol at Revis being on the list. Whoever put him was probably stranded on the Island at some point.

7. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

The formula is very simple. When the Jets win, it's in spite of Sanchez and because they have a good running game and defense. Regardless of how much he contributes to the win.

When they lose, it's Sanchez's fault. Regardless of how much he contributes to the loss...

8. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

How is Sanchez overrated?!?!!?

The guy gets bashed from ever person in the media!!!!!

9. 624

624 Banned

How come so few people understand the difference between overrated and overhyped?

10. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

When Joe was ranting he mentioned an excellent article by Michael McCarroll (sp?). Anyone catch who the writer/name was? Would love to read it, but couldn't catch the name. Can't find anything in a google search.

11. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

Nobody in their right minds would call him a "rising star". I will give him credit for keeping the interception count low so far, but he still struggles to complete 50+% of his passes. He only has two games with 0 turnovers.

Maybe with the help of a competent OC and receiving corps he'd do more, but there is no reason for me to believe he'll crack the top 15. There are rookies playing this season showing more promise than Sanchez.

He's only a "star" because he is in the New York spotlight. Eli Manning is infinitely better at this point. You're pretty crazy if you'd take Sanchez over him for any reason other than Eli will probably retire first.

There are still 8 games left this season, maybe I'm wrong, but I think what you see is what you'll get for years to come.

12. ctjetsguy

ctjetsguy Active Member

Mark catches so much shit its ridiculous. Yes, I am well aware that he still makes mistakes that make me scream, and that his accuracy can leave a little to be desired, but he's gone from a 63 to a 75.3 to an 84 in three seasons as an NFL quarterback, and he's only 24 for god's sake. I'm 22 and haven't even come close to figuring my life out yet, let alone excelled to the top of my profession. This list is BS. In fact, Sanchez's QB rating is higher than: Matt Ryan, Philip Rivers, Matt Cassel, Joe Flacco, and Josh Freeman, and only slightly behind Jay Cutler and Michael Vick. Not saying he's better than any of these guys (though I'd argue he's better than Freeman or Flacco), but for god's sake people gotta give this guy some credit.

13. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

Really? Eli is "infinitely" better? It's Marks third year and did you miss that comparison of playoff stats? but Eli is infinitely better? How is he infinitely better if Marks FIRST TWO YEARS IN THE PLAYOFFS is better than Eli's ENTIRE CAREER IN THE PLAYOFFS?

Please explain that one to me, mmk? Oh and I'm sure you'll bring this up as a red herring to your argument -- but I'm not saying Sanchez is elite, I'm just saying Eli isn't either.

And as someone else said -- He's not over rated. People are just confusing Overrated with "I do not like him".

14. GangGreenKing

GangGreenKing New Member

Tom brady is the most overrated player of all time.

15. 624

624 Banned

I fucking hate Tom Brady, but this is the post of a biased jealous homer.

16. ctjetsguy

ctjetsguy Active Member

He's easily top five QBs of all time. No question about it. Thats like a Pats fan saying Darrelle Revis is the most overrated cornerback in football

17. Henryflo1

Henryflo1 Member

Nah not at all.

18. 624

624 Banned

How many times has Sanchez "silenced his doubters" ...or succeeded in "his chance to step up" only for the haters to come back the next week?

[​IMG]

19. TheGreenCantona

You are making the same mistake people outside jets make about Sanchez.

To date I have not heard a single person rate tebow, BUT they keep clinging to stupid stats like "well, he is a winner", sounds familiar?

I like Sanchez but until he improves (as he has every season so far) he will get this sort of critisism.

20. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Bingo! Keep getting the W's.