NFL informed teams will have to forfeit a game if

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by GREG, Jul 22, 2021.

1. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

or hospitalized rate actually....

HomeoftheJets and cval like this.
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Ok well Florida leads the nation in that too

3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Deaths lag cases by about a month, so check back in a month from now.

cval likes this.
  4. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Link?

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

KingRoach and cval like this.
  6. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Because death is the only negative outcome?

I got the vaccine when I read the founder of Texas roadhouse killed himself because his tinnitus became unbearable.

#46 KingRoach, Aug 4, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
  7. KingRoach

There are plenty of medical website you can check out. They all say you should still get the shot.

“Most people who've recovered from COVID-19 have antibodies against the virus. But there's no evidence that this will protect them if they're exposed to it again.

A study in the United Kingdom found that most people who had COVID-19 lost their antibodies within a few months.”
    https://www.webmd.com/lung/coronavi...~:text=Most people who've,within a few months.

8. cval

cval Well-Known Member

There
    There are always exceptions. People die from the vacine as well.

Most people do not die or get very sick from Covid and even less with the Vaccine.

What other disease do we have a daily death count for? We might be even more panicked if we did. Be smart gather all the facts make decisions that are good for you and your family.

#48 cval, Aug 4, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
    Linebacker712 likes this.
  9. KingRoach

“Facts” is the key word. Who do you trust to give you facts? I trust the majority of experts in a specific field. I know it’s popular to trust the high school drop out who likes getting reactions.

Anytime I hear about the occasional doctor who is anti-vaxx, I think about the old dental floss commercials, “9 out of 10 dentists agree that floss daily will help with your dental health.”…. So that means that 1 out of 10 dentists don’t think you should use floss. Now those 1 in 10 dentists have a platform where people who are too lazy to floss can find justification for there decisions.

The unregulated information superhighway has become the misinformation traffic jam.

Ralebird likes this.
  10. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

This a novel pandemic virus not a regular flu. All people don't realize that if it was not serious there would be no report of the spread of the virus. Why do people keep bringing Covid like it is not a big deal. I mean right now the virus has already shown that it can evolve very quickly and the r^ of the delta variant make it consideraly more transmitable and deadly than the inital variant. But people want no more mask, no more vaccine and no more social distancing because it is ruining their life. I get it, it sucks to limit our social interactions but if we acted as if the virus did not exist (basically like they did with the spanish flu) the death rate/mutations would be through the roof.

The risk, control the spread of the virus with the current vaccine (which at least prevent death and serious cases), mask and social distancing until we can anticipate better the mutation and have even more effective vaccine against the most dangerous variant, Or, let the virus run free and accept the consequences (basically multiply the death by 20x if not more). Have overcrowded hospital, bodies throw in pits and considerable more longterm damages to the economy and our lifestyle. The virus is already more dangerous to the youth than the initial version. It is not out of question that a mutation of the virus start killing in mass younger people too. It is already happening to some degree with the recent variant.

Anyway, I find it quite interesting that people does not care about the dangerous effect of the virus until they get sick by it or whem an immediate family member dies or is in serious conditions. Like... I thought it was not dangerous and that the ill effect were overblown by the media.... o_O

#50 Kryoptix, Aug 4, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
    KingRoach and stinkyB like this.
  11. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

That's what put you over the edge?

stinkyB likes this.
  12. bicketybam

First off I want to state I am vaccinated and got the Pfizer shots as soon as it was available in CT.

My nephew (20 years old) is vaccinated. He went to that music festival that was in Florida a week ago. He went with 2 unvaccinated friends. A few days after they got back the two unvaccinated people had slight pain in their chest and flu like symptoms. They went and got tested and both tested positive. My nephew got tested because he was with them and his test came back negative. The two who are positive never had their symptoms progress and had a slight lingering cough that has now gone away.

My step-daughter's vaccinated friend went to the same festival and contracted Covid. She is fine.

I'm just reporting the real world experiences that I know of. Take it for what it's worth.

stinkyB likes this.
  13. stinkyB

2 ruptured ears drums, years of running boats and driving with windows down, running power tools (foolishly without ear protection) and most of my 20s spent at punk rock shows....... if ears ringing is the worst thing I'd get from Covid, I'm already there

#53 stinkyB, Aug 4, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
    bicketybam and FJF like this.
  14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

From covid? Really?
    I have that (courtesy of the us navy . 4 years on the flight deck of a carrier ) it’s a problem, have to constantly have background noise , everything has to be louder to compete either constant ringing. I’ve never heard of it being that bad though.

stinkyB and KingRoach like this.
  15. bicketybam

I'd poke my eardrums out before I killed myself. I don't want hear what most people have to say anyway.

16. KingRoach

Lol. Lots of people have tinnitus. It sucks. Most of the time, luckily I can ignore it. Im sure for the Texas Roadhouse founder, he learned to live with it.

He didn’t get tinnitus Bc of Covid… his intensified to such an extreme that he killed himself Bc of Covid.

I have tinnitus. I have 0 interest in the possibility it gets so bad, it drives me to suicidal.

17. KingRoach

1 person WITH the vaccine didn’t catch Covid.
    1 person WITH the vaccine caught t but had 0 symptoms.
    2 people WITHOUT the vaccine caught Covid and had some form of symptoms?

You mean it works exactly as advertised? [mindblown emoji]

Ralebird likes this.
  18. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

If you can find a documented case of anyone dying from a Covid vaccination, I would be very interested in seeing the "facts."

Kryoptix likes this.
  19. stinkyB

Pretty sure that was his point....

bicketybam likes this.
  20. stinkyB

It does suck though.... varies in intensity (pretty bad rt now) but usually just a problem in silence..... usually I have to have some background noise (sound effects, music, fan) to drown it out to sleep