NFL Head Coach

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Drew, Jun 18, 2006.

1. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Not sure about EA, but SI Games have produced ootp baseball. It's looking good, though obviously still has things to tweak. There's a thread in bullshit...

here!

2. Mexican Buc

Mexican Buc Well-Known Member

So far I love it. I can't think of many other people like me that will though. I'm doing every bit of the offseason.

I have the most AMAZING coaching staff. Took over the Bucs and made Gruden my OC. Kiffin is already the best DC in the league. And totally new POsition crew with a killer QB coach. Olive or something like that.

3. Amen

Amen New Member

How is it working out with salary caps, penalties, contract negotiations and holdouts?

that's one of the things that bothered me with Madden '06, that the contract couldn't be backloaded or anything. I see guys saying they got 3 picks in the first round and stuff like that, and it seems a tad bit difficult to pull all of that off.

Is the game literally a matter of calling plays and watching the PC execute them? Part of the joy of Madden is controlling the running on your own and using the truck stick once you find your money play that'll be a guaranteed first down everytime you try.

Seems like all the side stuff, like keeping players happy, etc, would be a fun addition to the Franchise Modes already established rather than a whole game. I think I'd see myself simulating everything.

4. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

You cannot control any players. You call the plays and watch them execute them. Many people would then feel like executing the game.

5. jkgrandchamp

jkgrandchamp Member

Its a great game once you get the feel it is very time consuming which I like . You get a few beers play for a while and be done !

6. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I wouldn't mind giving it a shot, but I don't want to chance it for $40. If it were to go down in price some months from now I would consider purchasing it, but by then I'll be playing NCAA 07 and Madden 07.

7. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Here is the torrent for the PC version of the game

Link

8. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I suspected this game would be silly in some parts. I suspected this because I remember franchise mode in Madden being less than adequate.

I went over to the EA Sports site and read this. I'm now completely turned off to the game.

9. Amen

Amen New Member

nice... the full game?

10. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yup the full game, and Cakes this is why I waited until the torrent came or rent this game, after playing it for a couple of days, I will agree that it isn't worth $40, and something with the game are annoying like being limited to 2 roster moves every quarter of a day, or only being able to trade a player once a week each day, however I want to see if the progression is exactly like Madden 2006 like the gameday flaws are

11. Drew

Drew Active Member

I played it once and haven't put it back in.

I would bring it to a game store and sell it but you would get virtually nothing, considering tons of people are probably doing it.

12. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

thank you msu jet and yea drew almighty i hate eb games they are like a frickin dictatorship they buy ur games for 3 dollars and sell them for 15 this lil kid prob about 5 was tryin to buy a new game and he brougt in a bag full of games and some games thyey were given him like 7 cents i mean like this isnt the companies fault but the person workin there should have said something to the kid like he was gettin rippped off i felt like he was stealin his dignity these were games he loved that he was givin away for something new and he had to give up tons of his old games that in my opinion are still worth playin for one new game. they need to change there policy i think we should start a revoloution to bring down this tyrant. Like would a policy like turn in 2 games and the games u buy for that year are 10% off turn in 5 games and all the games u buy that year are 15% so this way u come back more and the company is makin more money and u arent gettin ripped so hard. i dont know

13. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

yo how do u mount this on daemon tools im confused the torrent is in espanol

14. Sect120

Sect120 Member

I defense of EB games, it is not their fault customers are stupid. If you want to get rid of a game I have one word for you. EBAY. If you can get more from EB games good for you, but if they are giving you seven cents, sell it on ebay.

And the 5 year old has parents. They should be aware of what is happening.

15. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

well im not this 5 yr old also does anyone know how to call up a players agent i go to the roster and press enter and it only lets me change the position i cant figure out how to call their agent

16. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

So far 2-0 after beating the Pats 61-14 :lol:

17. jetsfan119

jetsfan119 New Member

18. Mexican Buc

Mexican Buc Well-Known Member

It needs to be during SIGN PLAYERS, and you need to go to SALARAY CAP not ROSTER. You can also use your phone.

I have to agree. The 1st we was great. But after 4 Superbowls, COTY award, #1 O and D 2 years running, and already being a top 15 coach of all time I'm bored. I picked up some good cordinators and in 4 years I have made them all 99 overall. Any of them could be extremely successful as a HC, yet I continue to sign them as cordinators. I think I'm just going to switch teams or something. Ruling a dysnasty is no fun. All my starters are or are close to 99 overall. Vince Young is sick, and I have like 10 other 1st round players from the last draft. Holmes is nasty too.

19. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Does anyone know how to do a no huddle in this game?

20. Spike_D

Spike_D Active Member

Believe as the play ends hold/press the square key (PS2). should bring up your audible list & rush the players to the line.

11-1 atm .. only loss to the Pats in week 2 (24-21), but I spanked em hard second time around. Bush was there at #4 drafted his ass right up ... Got Mangold etc. Maurice Drew was never drafted ... signed him to be my #2. Team rocks.

#80 Spike_D, Jul 19, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2006