NFL Head Coach

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Drew, Jun 18, 2006.

1. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

Hmm, I take it I should rent it before I do anything then.

2. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

You really should. I played it for five hours, and I'd be perfectly fine if I never saw the game ever again. I'm going to see tomorrow how much they'll give me for it.

3. l3ol3o

l3ol3o New Member

Whats so bad about it?

4. Green Hurricane

There's just nothing there that makes it entertaining. The offseason on Madden is fun, but that offseason multiplied by like 50,000 is just brutal. It took hours just to get to training camp, and by then I was just simming past the redundant stuff. All in all, a huge disappointment, definitely rent it if you have any interest in getting it, save the money.

5. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

6. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I went three paragraphs in and that was enough. Thing is with me, I read enough NFL stuff and look at depth charts and play fantasy football, that when I play a video game I just want to play a game, as in Jets vs Dolphins. I don't want to spend hours reading emails and negotiating contracts.

I don't think it was here, I think it was in DonnieIsTheKing's OOTP thread, where someone remarked sim sports games involve knowledge and education and Madden-type games involve hand-eye coordination.

I like the hand-eye thing better when I'm playing video games. I'll leave the knowledge and education to reading the sports pages, sports books, watching games, and stuff of that nature.

In other words, this Head Coach game would bore me very quickly. I'm going to save my money for the new NCAA and Madden games.
    NCAA is going to have so many plays it is ridiculous. (See my post in the NCAA screenshots thread.)

To those who buy this game, good luck with it and hopefully you are able to get your money's worth.

By the way, that Arena Football game- pretty darn good and this coming from a guy who doesn't care for Arena Football.

7. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Got it yesterday and my son said the same exact thing, but I believe you can go right to an exhibition game and coach, which I will try, because I don't need all that other crap....

8. Coach K

Coach K New Member

yeah the offseason can be extremely brutal............but i just take care of immediate needs like re-signing and scouting and the draft, i simmed a great deal of it up to preseason.

i mean it doesnt surprise me tho its a game where you dont control the players. but you do just about everything imaginable to run a team. which sounds fun but can be boring if your not willing to get into every little facet of how a team operates.

ionno i like it, its a good time eater between sleep and a desk job. and itll make me think a football season is going on while im salivating for real gridiron action. but the game is either going to be a real big hit or miss, no in-between.

9. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

I am kinda into the full out sim thing. I think I could enjoy it. I am buying Head Coach, my brother is buy NCAA, so it evens out so I wont lose money, lol.

10. Drew

Drew Active Member

I got the game.. once you do things like the draft it's cool.

I made these moves with the Jets so far..

Traded Mawae and McCareins to Atlanta for Pick #15

Traded Abe and Law to AZ for #10 and a 3rd rounder

My draft:

4. Bush
    10. D'Brick
    15. Santonio Holmes
    2nd Rd. Nick Mangold
    then nothing too major after, got Devin Hester in the 5th.

Trade: Curtis Martin for Ben Roethlisberger.... ?

11. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

that's cool. It starts with this year's draft.

12. ButtleMan

ButtleMan New Member

Does Holmes get arrested in the game??

13. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I heard that games are more realistic. None of these 70-63 scores and people going for it on 4th and 7 from their own 26 yard line crap.

It sounds like this game resembles actual football more so than the Madden games.

Still sounds like a bore, though.

14. Green Hurricane

I traded Abraham to Atlanta for #15, then Law to New Orleans for #2 straight up. It really made no sense at all.

15. jkgrandchamp

jkgrandchamp Member

Yea I did some of that and got Leinart Bush D'Brick and Mangold Im 3-2 so far

#55 jkgrandchamp, Jun 24, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2006
  16. Mexican Buc

Mexican Buc Well-Known Member

HAHAHA!

I think I'm going to rent it. I have always loved the offseason part of madden in the Franchise. May give you a good look at to what it is really like being a HC in the NFL.

17. lightning

lightning Active Member

It pisses me off, my team absolutely blows. Yet im 2-0 right now...No game has ever had me yelling and screaming at the screen so much since wwf raw came out for sega genesis.

18. jkgrandchamp

jkgrandchamp Member

Wholly Christ I beat Det 63-3 with Matt and Bush as sophmores

19. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

Anyone know if they plan to make an MLB game like this?

20. ACertainShade

ACertainShade Banned

I traded Law to NO also, picked Bush.
    Abe & a 2nd to TENN, picked Leinart
    D'Brick with my pick.
    Mawae & McCareins & 3rd to Oak, picked Vernon Davis(plus a 3rd)
    Signed Antonio Gates, traded him+some random player to ATL, drafted Santonio Holmes.
    Traded Penny+5+6 to Dallas, got Tye Hill.
    Signed Peerless Price, traded him+7+C.Mart to Kansas City, got Ernie Sims.
    Traded Fiedler+Gragg+Oak 3rd to INDY, got Mangold.
    Traded Baker + Cotchery + Jolley to Tenn for Pacman Jones.

My draft was over. Overall, I think I did great, picked up a great young core and dumped contracts that blew.

OUT:
    Abe, Mawae, McCareins, Penny, C.Mart, Fiedler, Gragg, Gates, Price, Law, Baker, Cotchery, Jolley.

IN:
    Bush, Leinart, Mangold, D'Brick, Vernon Davis, Tye Hill, Sims, Pacman.

Some of these trades are redonkulous, like the Pacman trade I was just throwing in names I didn't want and they said OK.

I simmed through a season before I left just for kicks and I went 10-6, so it looks like it was good. I missed the playoffs, NE won division and Miami won the WC on a tiebraker.

So far, I'm enjoying it. Some of the trades are Maddenesque(Jones, again) but it makes the game fun. I don't listen at all to my coaches, I could care less what they have to say cause it's mostly bs crap anyways.

While I like it, I'm glad I didn't pay 40 bucks for it. This is one of the games if you wait a couple months you'll pick it up used for 10.