NfL Draft

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jtrain, Mar 3, 2006.

?

which two should go 4th and 9th

1. d'brick and Vernon Jones

14 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. d'brick and Ngata

7 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. Hawk and Ngata

7 vote(s)
    8.3%
  4. vince and vernon jones

8 vote(s)
    9.5%
  5. cutler and ngata

5 vote(s)
    6.0%
  6. d'brick and d'angello

17 vote(s)
    20.2%
  7. other

26 vote(s)
    31.0%
  1. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Ok. :rofl2:

2. jtrain

jtrain Active Member

tell me why would you pick cutler who is over hyped and has not yet proved himself over the best OT in the draft and a randy moss caliber TE. It makes no sense. We can pick up kitna and address QB next year. We should rebuild the O-line while putting the best TE in a few years on this team. We get Lechales bently max-jean gilles, and D'brick and Vern Davis, Maurice Drew and address Kitna in the Fa and our offense is set

3. DownAndOut

DownAndOut Member

D'Brick & Ngata. Both will be anchors on the lines for years. Ngata is big, strong and fast! Put him on the middle of a 3-4 and move D'Rob to the outside.

4. Brooks Brady

Brooks Brady New Member

DeAngelo and Vernon Davis, or D'Brick and DeAngelo

5. ViLmAfAn5128

ViLmAfAn5128 Banned

who the hell is vernon jones?, you mean vernon davis.

6. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

i think one of the pick MUST be D'Brick. A player like him is so rare. He absolutely dominated the senior bowl. He is a brick wall. Then with number 9, vernon davis seems like a special tight end. But i could see us going with deangelo. I would much rather have deangelo than lendale, because of his explosiveness. I DONT want cutler. Give penny one more year considering he wont cost us THAT much money after he takes a paycut. So def. D'Brick at 4 and vernon davis/deangelo at 9(IF WE GET IT. KNOCK ON WOOD!!)

7. jaybo1015

jaybo1015 New Member

d'brick and lendale
    maybe even another trade from #4 and get
    mario williams and lendale

8. jtrain

jtrain Active Member

D'brick is rare and Vernon Davis is rare. They are two big positions in the NFL. we should build our offense like the Cheifs. Great linemen and a great tightend. Tightend is a very important position in the NFL. And with speed are you crazy this guy is like a receiver but only bigger. 6'3 263. We take D'brick and our QB is protected. You can do so many things with a tight end. Think of it Coles is extremely fast and you have a fast TE It would open up holes in the defense and we will dominate. D'brik can only get bigger and he is strong. I say we take D'brick at 4 and Vern Davis at 9. These are two impact players. We can draft Maurice Drew in the 3rd or fourth. We take D'brick and Vern Davis in the first and Max-Jean Gilles in the second. Try to get LeCharles Bently and swing AJ to RT. We will be set.

9. vilma5112

vilma5112 New Member

hahahahahaha VERNON JONES!!!!!!!!!!! ITS DAVIS U IDIOT

10. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

If we had the 9th pick along with 4 which I would say has no chance of happening but if we did we should be able to set ourselves up for the future with this draft. With 4 you get your QB, hopefully Cutler is available. At 9, you trade down and can pretty much go in any direction with that pick. BPA between OL, DT, OLB for 3-4, RB, CB. The possibilities are endless if we get that extra high first, again I have to say is very unlikely.

11. jtrain

jtrain Active Member

Dumb Idiot. Hey 5112 ---hole I know.

12. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

I want us to get Cutler with our first pick, but I'd consider gambling a little. If this deal were to go down with Detroit, they are out of the Cutler picture and the only teams behind us that could possibly draft a QB are Oakland (#7) and Arizona(#10), would have to trade up). I'd ideally see if we could slide down from #4 and then either take Cutler with our first pick (The higher pick from either #9 or whichever pick we traded down to).

I think Ferguson is going at #3, so he's probably out of the equation. If the Titans made a bone headed move and took Young at #3, I'd probably draft Ferguson and hope Cutler is around at #9. If Ferguson is gone at #3 and we don't gamble by trading down like I stated above, I'd go with Cutler at #4 and Lendale White at #9. Then I'd start praying that Mangold is around at #35.

13. EvilClownFace

EvilClownFace New Member

I don't see Oakland taking a QB. They're supposedly very high on Andrew Walter.

If we got that #9 pick from Detroit, and Cutler or Young are still around at that point, the Jets should trade down to the #10 spot. They could grab maybe a second (doubtful) or third (more likely) rounder from Arizona. Then Draft Deangelo Williams at 10.

I'm just not completely sold on Cutler. No one out there can convince me he will be any better than Patrick Ramsey, or someone we would possibly draft next season if we decided to go with Kitna for the short term. Ramsey is young, he can take a hit, and he's a fiery competitive guy with a good arm.

You have to assume Pennington is done. I would not feel comfortable with him behind center in the years to come. He's just too fragile (on top of not remotely having a big arm to begin with).

If we put together a promising team that's capable of competing for a title (which I think is going to eventually happen under the new regime), I don't want to have to close my eyes and pray that Penny gets up every time he gets knocked off his feet.

14. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

I was high on cutler, but now i'm thinking otherwise.

With the 4th pick, we should take D'Brick
    With the 9th (knock-on-wood) we should take either Vernon Davis or Ngata
    And with our 2nd rounder Mangold or Maurice Drew. BUT if Cutler is somehow still availible at the 9th pick, i can't see us ignoring him.

Sign Jon Kitna via Free Agency, and get Brady Quinn next year, then our team could be good for years!

15. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

Cutler and Williams.

16. EvilClownFace

EvilClownFace New Member

Mangold won't be there by the time we pick in the second round. The Saints will grab him. They have no center (with the loss of LB), and there is a 99% chance of them taking Lienert at #2.

A lot of people think the Saints will look at a Linebacker in the second round, but Payton is an offensive minded coach. If the best possible center in the draft falls to New Orleans, no way they pass on him.

17. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

Thats why i also mentioned Maurice Drew...

18. EvilClownFace

EvilClownFace New Member

I don't think Drew can be an every down back in the NFL. I'd rather go with someone like Taitusi Lutui (OG USC). Or Marcus Mcneil (OT Auburn).

19. Cinvis

Cinvis New Member

The Saints have so many holes that they are likely to take the best player available despite position. That being said, it might very well be Mangold.

20. EvilClownFace

EvilClownFace New Member

If the Saints passed on Mangold and he fell to us, my face would look something like this :) . If we passed on him, my face would look something like this :eek:hmy:. If we selected him! :breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance:

#60 EvilClownFace, Mar 4, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2006