NFL Draft Day 3 Thread

Discussion in 'Draft' started by tanknyc, Apr 27, 2013.

1. vegaskarl

vegaskarl Well-Known Member

This is from Russ Lande at National Football Post.

STRENGTHS - At 6'1" and 246 pounds, Bohanon is well built with good size and bulk for the position. He is a highly competitive player who has been a very productive blocker at Wake Forest. He is not used as a running back. As a blocker, he has consistently shown the willingness to attack the linebacker in the hole and can deliver punishing hits at the LOS. When he plays low with good pad level and leverage, he can eliminate the linebacker from the play. He is a very effective blocker in all areas of the field. He has been a productive lead blocker from a fullback alignment, making blocks in the middle of the line, on the edge and down the field. When he blocks with good technique in pass protection, he can stand up blitzers and stop them in their tracks. He has very good hands catching the ball out of the backfield and is an instinctive runner with the ball who follows his blockers well. He does a good job of securing the ball first, and then turning up the field. Bohanon is an all effort player who keeps his legs churning until he is on the ground.

WEAKNESSES - Even with his great size, Bohanon is not as consistent a blocker as he has the ability to be. He has a tendency of standing upright when he delivers the initial blow while lead blocking, and it causes him to struggle to stay on and maintain blocks through the entire play. While he has tremendous functional strength, he does not consistently show it on his lead blocks and often just ties his man up instead of blowing them out of the hole. There are times when he tries to keep hold of man so to negate that player. As a pass blocker, he doesn't play with a lot of consistency because he struggles to be technically sound with his base. When he gets away from his technique, he doesn't move laterally well and reaches and lunges with straight legs. While he is a good pass catcher, he will never be an impact player with the ball in his hands and isn't going to be a weapon in any area other than as a blocking fullback.

SUMMARY - Bohanon has developed into a solid, productive fullback at Wake Forest. He is a thickly built fullback who has the body and physicality to be a punishing lead blocker in the NFL. In order for this to happen, he must play with a strong, athletic base. Bohanon must play with good pad level and leverage to take full advantage of his physical tools. He has good ability to effectively block out in space, both via cut-blocks and straight on lead blocks, when he stays over feet and under control. He has shown the ability to be an asset catching the ball out of the backfield, and it allows him to contribute in other ways other than lead blocking, although he will never be a big play guy with the ball in his hands. Overall, Bohanon warrants fifth-round consideration by a team that uses a traditional fullback and if he can improve his consistency of technique he should develop into a solid starting fullback fairly quickly.

2. agilic

agilic Member

In this case the question marks are good things. Half of the good/great players you watch in this league are where they are because they are forced to play for their job day in day out in training camp, practice, on Sunday, etc. That is what Idzik is attempting to create here. That is what legitimate competition at a position means. Lets give it some time and see how it pans out.

3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

ESPN likes the Tommy pick alot. Hes the best fullback in the draft and can play TE and is a pro FB meaning he is excellent at blocking too

4. jetsons

jetsons Well-Known Member

WCO NEEDS a pass catching FB who can also lay the wood when blocking, I never heard of this guy but he seems to fit that bill.

5. PuMa

PuMa Banned

i know we have enough RB's but a potential play maker is Onterio McCalebb
    he runs a 4.34 and can catch... just a ptoject maybe ? he will be a UDFA.

6. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

I can't believe Sorenson was taken ahead of Dysert, Bray, Renefre, and others.

7. rockyusmc2003

I think Idzik is going to be aggressive signing UDFA's. Hopefully we will see some by tonight.

8. rockyusmc2003

I liked Dysert. I'm glad he landed on a good team. He can compete for the backup role behind Manning. Good for him.

9. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Very good pick for the Broncos.

10. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

That's because the shit comes out of his mouth.

11. NFL

NFL Active Member

I'm hoping that Idzik doesn't leave any stone unturned an signes a couple of worthy undrafted free agents. If I'm them I'm looking for the guys that nobody has talked about.

12. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

in 8 more picks the UDFA frenzy starts...
    within 4 hours I expect we'll have seen some 20-30 UDFA's signed by teams...total, not per team.

13. 1968jetsfan

If I'm Da'rick I'm begging the Jets to make him an offer as an UDFA, he'd make the team as long as he kept his butt in line off the field.

14. 1968jetsfan

Ravens grab Marc Anthony, wonder if his girlfriends name is Cleo....

15. 1968jetsfan

Falcons just got a very solid #2 QB behind Ryan in Renfree. Not sure he'll ever be a starter but as a #2 he's already pretty much ready for that role.

16. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Mr Irrelevant is Justice Cunningham

UDFA season open.

17. NYJETS4life24

NYJETS4life24 Active Member

He's a beast. I played high school ball against him. He can run the rock also. I'm surprised they only gave him the ball twice on runs

18. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Mike Shanahan, TE from Pitt. bagged and tagged by the Jets.

19. icecreamtruck

icecreamtruck Member

i played HS ball against him and shut him down! Pancaked him repeatedly. I should've been drafted.

20. SouthBayJetsfan4life

SouthBayJetsfan4life Well-Known Member

Won't be surprised if I see him turn up in New England.

Or San Diego.