NFL Draft Day 3 Thread

Discussion in 'Draft' started by tanknyc, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Spike_D

Spike_D Active Member

Wait, wait, wait ... but all the draft EXPERTS here on the forum said the pick sucked!

2. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

This draft on top of this Nets game has made me mentally exhausted.

3. agilic

agilic Member

You guys crack me up. I would love to see you guys pit your knowledge against the guys in the draft war room and see how you fair.

4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

The first five picks were all good (I'm counting Ivory as a pick). The last three are almost always camp fodder anyway so who cares?

5. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Line was my favorite FB from this draft.

6. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

All in all a fairly meh draft - some good picks to start - not a fan of the Geno Smith selection - good picks in 3 and 5 and then poor picks in 6 and 7 (but really who cares at that point)

so many of the comments in the draft threads have been so OTT and ridiculous its really taken a lot of the enjoyment out of the whole process - next year I think I will just stick to watching the draft and leave TGG alone for the time the draft is on.

7. PuMa

PuMa Banned

7th round will go quick.. lets get Rodgers and Thomas as UDFA !!!

8. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

A first year GM without scouts would have done better, it's like he was figuring out what the stupidest move to make was and going that route. Has he looked a this roster? Does he know what spots have holes? Is he sober?

9. Jets4eva9011

Jordan Poyer finally off the board.

10. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Here's my problem with the draft. The team said it wanted to get faster...it didn't....
    If your going to build your Lines as a foundation then you don't take a CB in your first pick but one of the Stud O-Line on the board and build the foundation....
    It was a mismash draft that didn't really address anything as fully as it should have.

Forget about players I wanted or didn't want, It's like they didn't really know what they wanted to do with the draft.

11. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

Can't say I like the picks but I get it. This draft was all about building blocks for us. Talent wise and positionally we are building out from the trenches. Looks like we could see some "ground and pound".

12. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Guys if we get a starter in round 7, no matter the position....that's great fucking value.

Lex Hilliard did not deserve to not be tested. If you like someone in round 7, why not take them to make sure they are with the team?

13. SouthBayJetsfan4life

SouthBayJetsfan4life Well-Known Member

I agree....

It seems to me that Rex is intent on pushing the "ground and pound" philosophy. I'll give him credit for sticking to his guns. But his hard head could his ass shit-canned.

14. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

I feel mixed about this draft. We definitely got some talent but did not address needs that we could have. Hopefully we get some good UDFAs.

15. SouthBayJetsfan4life

SouthBayJetsfan4life Well-Known Member

When you are pretty much coaching for your job and the last season ended the way it did, you might want to try something else.

16. DBWarren23

DBWarren23 Active Member

I understand why teams are passing on Rodgers because of the off the field stuff but I have no idea why Chase Thomas continues to fall.

17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I think some people here were still thinking this team had a chance to compete this year and if you were one of them then I can see where you might not like this draft but if you were one of those like me who has written off this year completely and is looking forward to the 50 million we will have to spend next year on free agents then this draft looks really good. It certainly looks like they have a plan.

18. Jets4eva9011

I would have preferred Zach Line, but this isn't a bad pick at all. Much better and makes more sense than the pick we made in the 6th round.

19. louissockalexis

louissockalexis New Member

Completely agree. They didn't have a strategy. They didn't have any sort of plan of what they were doing. They just drafted a bunch of guys. What are they going to do with Richardson. Why waste a 6th round pick with Rambo on the board. Is Geno really the answer at QB.

They didn't solve problems, they created them. They now have even more question marks at DE, QB, G, etc.

20. NYJETS4life24

NYJETS4life24 Active Member

I played high school ball for mariner tritons and tommy bohannan ran right threw are defense. I don't know how good he's been since high school but a was a bill dozen back then. I can say that I tackled a jet in my life lol and my cousin