NFL Draft 2008 - Part 2

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Petrozza, Apr 26, 2008.

1. BamaZeus

BamaZeus Member

Tampa Bay choose their 3243296th quarterback to round out the roster

2. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

Man, I guess you can tell, not a fan.

3. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Hmmm.. Interesting pick. The potential for Ainge is through the roof though! I'll be excited to follow his progress. Maybe a starter down the road.

Now please, Jonathan Goff at #172!!!

4. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Everything you want to know:
    :lol:

http://www.erikaingeonline.com/

5. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

what the fuck dude... shoulda grabbed Woodson

6. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

down to the QB's, i think i would have rather had Woodson based on potential.

7. Matty Jets

Matty Jets Well-Known Member

I read we might target Ainge.

8. Capt. Ace Nick

Callahan must hate Carl Nicks

9. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Ainge reminds me of Drew Bledsoe

10. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

I think the Jets would have prefered Dennis Dixon...but the Steelers picked him.

I was thinking more Josh Johnson...but Ainge...well, maybe another Bollinger.

11. ReservoirDog76

ReservoirDog76 New Member

Ainge has the chance to be a very good pro. Played against top competition year in and year out, great size, good arm. BOOM or BUST for him...

12. 624

624 Banned

I would have REALLY liked Goff...but this is a necessary pick and I don't mind it.

13. BamaZeus

BamaZeus Member

I can't say I'm thrilled with him. I've seen him play a few times and his motion is warped sometimes. He throws like a girl from time to time, like during the Senior Bowl. When I've watched him, he almost shotputs the ball instead of throwing it

14. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

Pennington is gonna leave soon, hes a back-up.

15. Matty Jets

Matty Jets Well-Known Member

Giants will take Goff.

16. bmfc1

bmfc1 Well-Known Member

Erik Ainge
    QB | (6'5", 225, 4.98) | TENNESSEE
    Scouts Grade: 66

Flags: (D: DURABILITY) Player that can't stay healthy(S: SPEED) Player lacks ideal speed at position

Strengths: Possesses outstanding height and size-potential. Ainge can be reasonably effective when given protection in the pocket. His outstanding height and over-the-top release allow him to see the entire field and throw over his linemen with good touch. He makes quick reads and gets rid of the ball quickly. He has a quick, compact delivery and will typically show good accuracy on short-to-intermediate throws -- so long as he can set his feet and step into his throws. He has shown the ability to make all the necessary NFL throws accurately when his feet are set and when he follows through on his delivery. Continues to improve his ball security and is doing a better job of selling his play fakes. Has done a good job of overcoming early-career struggles and has dealt with pressure of being a four-year starter at a football factory like Tennessee.

Weaknesses: Lacks the strong arm to drive the ball down the field vertically. He will never be a serious running threat, either. He was more consistent late in his career but must continue to be more consistent with his mechanics, especially setting his feet and following through on his throws. He will get happy feet in the pocket at times and needs to trust his progression reads more. He is competitive and he knows he's talented, but his confidence has been shaken at times. There are some questions regarding his toughness and natural leadership skills. Durability has been a problem area throughout his career, including a shoulder injury in 2004, a minor neck injury in 2005, an ankle injury in 2006 and a knee injury in May of 2007. The most recent injury (knee) required surgery and forced him to miss the final two weeks of spring practice.

Overall: Ainge saw action in 29 games (23 starts) in his first three seasons (2004-'06) at Tennessee, completing 408 of 691 attempts (59.0 percent) for 5,178 yards, 41 touchdowns and 25 interceptions. As a senior, he completed 325 of 519 pass attempts (62.6 percent) for 3.522 yards, 31 touchdowns and 10 interceptions in 14 games, all despite suffering a torn meniscus in his right knee (which required surgery) in the spring and breaking the pinky finger on his throwing hand in August. He also missed four games in 2004 because of a separated shoulder and was sidelined one game in 2006 by an ankle injury. Ainge made enormous strides from the beginning to the end of his collegiate career. Immaturity and injuries stunted his growth early on but Ainge flourished his final two seasons under the disciplined tutelage of coordinator David Cutcliffe and he also stayed relatively healthy in 2007. Plus, he stayed relatively healthy in 2007. Ainge possesses the size-potential, touch and accuracy to compete for a backup job at the next level. However, his below average arm strength and marginal mobility put a relatively low ceiling on his NFL potential. Ainge projects as a mid-to-late round pick in the 2008 NFL Draft.

17. MarionBarber31

MarionBarber31 New Member

This surprises me. I know zero about him (but some of you are happy...that gives me hope).

I really wanted OL in 5th though, so I'm not thrilled.

18. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

Danny Ainge's nephew?

19. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

The Nephew of Danny Ainge.... :up:

[​IMG]

Full Name: Erik Ainge
    Born: June 12, 1986
    Hometown: Hillsboro, OR
    Height: 6 foot 6
    Weight: 220 lbs.