NFL.com REPORTS ABE TO SEATTLE!? - Merged X6

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Electric Cedric 34, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Keeping It Real

Keeping It Real New Member

you hope that's the case

2. USAFJETSFAN

USAFJETSFAN New Member

Yeah saw it on a couple websites Foxsports and I think Clayton from ESPN hit that up also.I didn't see the 0 percent chance quote..

This is not about Abe getting his dream job..This is how fed up he is..He thinks he actually has a huge choice in the matter..The Jets will trade him away when we get the deal we want. Not when ABE is happy...

If he sits out and doesn't sign the Franchise Offer his value will drop..He will be 28 soon who the hell does he think he is..

3. GreenMachine

Remember boys, Abraham is not holding the cards.. Tanny and Mangini have their finger on the trigger and Abe will go where they tell him to...

4. Falconner

Falconner New Member

All I'm saying you didn't have to make a new thread when it's been posted in another thread. Anyways whetever, and about your post about a 31 st pick is better then Atlanta's 2 and 3rd rounder is not necessarily true. First rounders are paid the BIG bucks, I don't know the cap space of the Jets, but they might realize that they don't have the money for it.....

5. Keeping It Real

Look I want I a mid 1st rd, but will settle for the 31st pick.

With that said. He DOES NOT have to sign the tender, therefore, the deal between Seattle and us is null and void.

The last thing our FO wants is another Philly/To circus,especially coming into their first season with the team. And if he's so set on where he wants to be by letting everyone know, then more than likely he's not going to budge. Remember, these guys have egos and pride too. He will make this a very unfortunate situation. Its just not worth it! JUST ASK PHILLY

Get him outta here and lets move on and concentrate on the draft.

#105 Keeping It Real, Mar 18, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2006
  6. Keeping It Real

Where have you been for the last year or so?????

Abraham has more leverage than TO did with Philly. Do you think our FO want this crap, No.

Its not worth it! He doesn't have to sign anything. Yeah we could end up keeping but 8.3 mil will hit our cap while he sits on the bench!

7. Keeping It Real

I agree, but they also learned from the Philly/TO circus last year. Who wants that crap in their camp. In the end Philly got absolutely nothing for TO. Abraham has more leverage than TO and he made their lives a living hell.

8. GreenMachine

What??? Abe wants out... Do you think he will really sit on the bench to collect his money??? Please... That clearly puts the ball in the Jets FO court...

9. SuppaMan

SuppaMan New Member

considering we started FA around 14-15 million under the cap, and in no way have spent much of it, he could sit, not be paid, and we really wouldn't have any cap issues this year

10. Diabolical_Jet_Fan

Diabolical_Jet_Fan Well-Known Member

What leverage? How about Abe either goes where we tell him or he can sit at home and not make a dime.............

11. USAFJETSFAN

USAFJETSFAN New Member

What TO is going to be taking a huge pay cut (filled with incentives) instead of his monstrous contract he would have been making. I have no idea where you think a player after the fiasco in Philly thinks he has leverage...

12. Keeping It Real

That's true...but we don't wont that and I FO won't let that happen because in the end he will walk away and we will get nothing

JUST ASK PHILLY WAS IT WORTH THE DRAMA!

13. Keeping It Real

Get Real- Abe doesn't have nowhere near the reputation as TO or Seattle nor Atlanta would sign him.

Like Philly, We Will Find Out That Its Not Worth It.

14. Jabba the Jet

Jabba the Jet New Member

There's a silver lining to this power play Abe and the Falcons are attempting here, we get to findout RIGHT AWAY if the new sheriff's are any different than the old cowardly lion ... if they are just as easily rolled, or if they have the kajones it takes to play with the big boys

Had to findout sooner or later, and I for one am glad they are facing their first big test right away

We'll know, very soon, exactly what Tangini is made of

THE BATTLE LINES ARE DRAWN

And now we findout, IMMEDIATELY, if the new guys are men or mice

Stay Tuned ... a very important question is about to be answered

Very soon we will learn for sure, one way or the other, what kinda men are guarding the ranch?

15. SuppaMan

SuppaMan New Member

what are you talking about, if he's going to do that he's never going to get his contract from anyone (if he sits out a year), and considering the rebuilding hell, it'd be possible to franchise him again next year considering I don't think we'll ever be big money players in FA (at the most some cheap, decent guys and re-signing some of our own NE style).

Abraham can think what he wants, but in the scheme of the NFL he means nothing. He's just another player on the books. That's about it. If he actually thinks he ever has any power that is down right hilarious (yes the PA does do some good for the players but generally overall they can't do THAT much)

he's going to learn when you are an UFA then you can choose where you want to play, but when you are tagged or a RFA, you really don't have a giant say in that aspect

16. Jabba the Jet

Jabba the Jet New Member

Don't take this the wrong way, KIR, but you're a marshmellow and easily rolled

I hope our new FO has the backbone it takes to fight like pitbulls ... we'll know for sure very soon

17. Jabba the Jet

Jabba the Jet New Member

Here's what Tangini has to tell Abe, not with words but with their actions ....

"You **** with the bull and you get the horns"

18. Keeping It Real

Guess What: If We Think Seattle Is Going To Wait To See IF Abe Cave, then let me

sell you some property I have in Time Square!

Look, Seattle scheduled a meet with J Peterson for this weekend. They put an offer on the table with Abe and he left without a signed deal. Unless, they can convince him to fly back out to Seattle, take ANOTHER physical and work out another contract, its going to be really hard. He has made it known that he wants to be in Atlanta and will not be visiting anymore teams. He has made up his mind according to his agent.

I believe this why Mortensen and Clayton fill our GM may not have any other choice.

BTW- Seattle will not sit around and wait for us to work this mess out. They got drama of their own with Hutchinson and his contract and possibly signing Julius Peterson. And you can't blame them because this thing could get ugly.

Why would Seattle, like Baltimore w/TO, sign someone that does not want to be a part of the team? I don't think its because of the team, he just wants to be close to his family in SC, that's all. It has nothing to do with Seattle's team.

19. SuppaMan

SuppaMan New Member

#1 you can say what you want as many times as you want, but it doesn't make you any more correct or give you any more validation

#2 stop starting new BS threads (when the same shit is being discussed in another thread that you are posting in also) just because you think you have great points

20. Keeping It Real

Folks, this is a business. That are in it to make money. Period.

The only difference between the Philly/Fiasco and our is that our GM wants to trade him just as bad as Abraham wants out; whereas in Philly, TO waited until July/August and decided he wanted to be traded. Philly didn't have a WR available to take that risk, therefore that couldn't trade him.