NFL.com REPORTS ABE TO SEATTLE!? - Merged X6

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Electric Cedric 34, Mar 17, 2006.

1. JAMESDEARTH

JAMESDEARTH Member

I think if they give us a thirty first we should get a 4th this year also. With 31 a good C, like Mangold, will be available. This would be, imo, a better deal than the Falcons deal because you ship Abe alot farther away (since when have we played the Seahawks?) and you get a two picks that on a value chart add up to near what the 15 pick is.

we played seattle end of 2004

2. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

JAbe didn't sign the offer in Seattle, because at the time he was convinced he could land $18+ mil in guarantees. This morning, the Atlanta deal was rumored to be only offering him a $10mil signing bonus and a $5mil roster bonus at the beginning of year 2. With the large signing bonus, there's virtually no way they cut him after one season, so he's essentially guaranteed that $15mil + the salaries of those first 2 years.

JAbe raved about Seattle when he left. I don't doubt that the appeal of playing close to home(Atlanta) is strong. However, JAbe has always proven that he's all about the money. He'll go to the highest bidder, so if Seattle decides to throw an extra million or so his way, he'd jump ship in a heartbeat. That being said, I still believe he ends up a Falcon.

Here's the problem: the Jets want a first round pick. The Falcons don't want to give up #15 for JAbe, justifiably so. They'd be grossly overpaying if the next best offer is #31.

Here's 'a' very logical, yet far-fetched solution: Denver is up against the cap, and wants to unload their first rounders for future picks, because they can't afford to sign them. Atlanta trades Denver their 2007 1st rounder and their 2006 4th rounder for #29. We get #29, and Atlanta gets JAbe. The only problem is would Denver help somebody else get JAbe, assuming they still have some interest in him?

3. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

I have no link to this but it's something I found on the FMB, from a guy in Cali. that watched the NFL show and resumed it.

Are you going to explain what this means?
    or are you just going to tell incoherrent stories?

4. JAMESDEARTH

JAMESDEARTH Member

the falcons came out and said they wouldn't consider dealing the 1st round pick anyway, so i highly doubt we have any chance at it. either way if we can get multiple picks from atlanta it's probably better than the 31st pick from seattle. stocking up on 1,2,3 round draft picks is the best thing we can do at this point.

5. Falconner

Falconner New Member

6. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

So Atlanta would wind up giving up their 15th pick for abraham and the 22nd pick in the 4th round after all those complicatiuons. And we wind up with the 29th pick of the first round.

here's a WAYYYY better idea..we will give them Abraham and the 20th pick in the 4th round (Herm Edwards pick) and we get their 15th pick.

So we get 15 instead of 29 and they get 2 picks higher in the 4th round.

Who needs the Broncos to make a trade like this?

I

7. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

So your source is a guy in California off the Falcon Message Board?

Come on, you can't be serious

8. GreenGreek

No, Atlanta keeps #15. They trade next year's 1st rounder and this year's 4th rounder to Denver for #29, which would be shipped to us. Everyone should be happy. Denver gets their future pick, Atlanta gets JAbe and keeps #15, and we get a late 1st (#29).

9. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

Ok..I missed the 2007 part.

But I ask again..who needs Denver?

If Atlanta offer us their 2007 first rounder and a 2006 fourth rounder we probably would give them Abraham.

As a Jet fan would you accept that?

10. Falconner

Falconner New Member

dude I told there was no link, but I know the guy that posted it, you do realize the FMB is my home right. If you can't see the post then just tell me and I'll copy/paste it fully....

11. GreenGreek

I'd consider it, but probably not. This year's draft is a really good/deep draft and not taking a pick this year would only prolong the rebuilding process.

12. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

Is it at all relevant that the FMB is your home?

Lots of things are put on these boards that are not factual, so pardon my scepticism without a link.

If Mortensen said it I will look for it on the ESPN sites..its not there yet.

13. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

Ok..I think I might do it but i understand you lose a years time on the # 1.

Hopefully these are the sorts of things they are negotiating.

14. Falconner

Falconner New Member

ya no problem, just that I know the rep. of the poster and the guys a straight arrow so I believe him...

15. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

Ok..I guess we will find out with the morning news on this.

As i told a fellow Falconer, i can see Tagliebue getting involved to resolve this.

16. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

The only thing about this post that I would consider is this:

The Jets don't need to trade him. If he doesn't sign the tender he won't get paid. So in other words, if we're not happy with a trade offer and don't trade him he would have to sign the tender or he won't make a dime this season. Something he doesn't want either. Obviously the Jets want something in return for him, but if something doesn't come about that isn't of value to the Jets then we would rather have him play for us this year.

17. Jabba the Jet

Jabba the Jet New Member

Abe trying to buffalo Tangini?

Take it for what it's worth, but I just took this post off the Falcons message board :mad:

18. Falconner

Falconner New Member

Ahhh dude we've been chatting about that post like for an hour now...

19. Jabba the Jet

Jabba the Jet New Member

The Good news is, I know Tangini will not be bamboozled ... I'm sure of it ... this is not Terry Bradway, and I'm sure Abe, his agent, the Falcons, the league, and the media are all in for a rude awakening

20. Jabba the Jet

Jabba the Jet New Member

You can talk about it all you want, but your team is in for a rude awakening and so is John Abraham ... if you think Tangini can be rolled like Terry Bradway, you are in for a big surprise ... these men learned from two of the biggest machiavellian characters in the league, Parcells and Bellichick

Parcells had a saying for situations like this, and Tangini learned it well ... "nobody shoots their way out" :wink: