NFL Championship Games Thread

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by NYJalltheway, Jan 18, 2015.

1. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

New England's defense is far superior (at least in my opinion) to that of Green Bay and Green Bay gave SEA everything their offense could handle.

NE has far superior depth at CB and 2 young studs (not just my opinion) playing linebacker. Not really sure how to compare the DL itself, I don't know a lot about GB's DL but NE's is overrated, Wilfork is still good, both Jones and Ninkovich are very solid players but excel at nothing (fundamentally sound, not amazing), and the 2nd interior DL changes on a snap by snap basis.

On paper, New England's defense is an even better matchup against Seattle's offense which GB gave all they could take. NE also had a resurgent pass rush blasting Luck on nearly every snap (which is FAR from the norm for the NE pass rush), and I do believe that IND's OL is a little better than Seattle's with the injuries.

This is probably the best possible matchup for the SB this season

It's the leagues most efficient and nearly top scoring offense against the leagues top ranked defense. Strength vs strength, but I feel NE's defense has a large edge over Seattle's offense.

It's the Super Bowl though, this game never goes as planned, I feel that NE should be favorites for the game but Vegas has no say in the game. Brady will be just as motivated for his 4th ring that he's been chasing for 10 years now as Wilson will be motivated to help his team become the first dynasty in 10 years.

2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Pats will be the favorite if Sherman and Thomas are listed with serious injuries.

Deep down i wanted this matchup just to see how Brady handles that defense...But I have to imagine the Seahawks are going to be more focused this go around

3. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

While the Pats may in theory have a better D than the Packers, they don't match up as well with the Seahawks offense. The Packers front 7 is better than the Pats, and they have two talents in Peppers and Mathews that could cause havoc that no one in the Pats front 7 really can. The Pats secondary is great no doubt, but the advantage of Revis is sort of negated when the other team doesn't have a true #1. I remember when Revis played for us, and we went against a team without a true #1, we often said the same - the advantage of having him was in some ways negated because the other team did not have a dominant WR to be taken away. If Revis snuffs out Baldwin or Kearse, that doesn't fundamentally alter the Seahawks offense as neither of them are counted on a week to week basis as a guaranteed contributor to begin with. The question is have the Pats seen a QB that can move like Wilson and how have they dealt with it? Do they spy him? Also, can they physically prevent seattle from just running it down their throats with Lynch? Sometimes it isn't as simple as "well the Pats D overall is better than the Packers and the Seahawks couldn't do anything against the Packers." I would offer that the Panthers D is better than both of them and Wilson absolutely destroyed them. Week to week league. I don't think the matchups work in the Pats favor here, but they obviously had a great game today and will be playing with a ton of confidence.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  4. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Dude please post more. I would legit like this twice if it were possible. I watch every GB game, and I know the pats obviously, you're dead on.

5. hardcharger

hardcharger Trolls

Your in Luck, the network is going to replay Beach Blanket Bingo with Paul Anka and Annette Funicello.
    ...also a rerun of Tammy.
    ...also love Lassie reruns.
    Finally, a history of Mark Sanchez greatest moments with the Jets.

6. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

The only nice thing about the day, is that I've been saying for basically his whole career as Packers HC, that McCarthy is a shit head coach. Today he is getting flamed badly, and rightfully so. He is a shit HC. He has 1 ring strictly because of Rodgers. He sucks.

7. hardcharger

hardcharger Trolls

Wow, this guy sounds serious, but he's right, only 16 points after a total dominating first half ain't gonna make it against bunch of teams.
    I think Seattle sucked too.
    Two sh*t teams.
    The best the AFC has got is going against the Seahawks, bury them!

8. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

The Packers defense balled yesterday. New England's isn't really much better. They're really only good at creating turnovers.

9. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

IDK about Thomas, but it looks like Sherman is fine. Either way, he toughed it out.

10. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I agree with that.

Seattle also picked off Rodgers twice who's game is to not turn it over. Now that I had a night to get over yesterday and see the bigger picture, there is no way New Englands offense has much of any success against Seattle. Its an absolute mismatch. Rodgers mobility allowed him to move around and buy time, the receivers also did a fairly decent job yesterday. Brady has no mobility, Brady does not have the receivers. Brady has the tightend but the tightend is going against two guys that are made to handle him. New England will have to run the ball and if they cannot get a run game going they are essentially screwed on offense

And I posted this last night, Seattle has seen teams like New England, New England has yet to see a team like Seattle.

11. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I think the Pats will get Blount going against Seattle and will be able to run on them some. Lacy was doing damage yesterday.

12. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I am very thankful we never lost a title game the way GB did yesterday. That was the worst way to miss out on a SB.

13. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Holy shit, could you imagine if that was the Jets? People here would be suicidal.

14. nyjunc

Literally suicidal. they'd want everyone associated w/ the team to be gone.

15. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

It would be nice to actually be BACK in the championship game.

16. nyjunc

wouldn't it? wasn't it fun playing for a conf title?

17. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Man, road teams only won two games for the entire playoffs. That's pretty weak.

18. mute

mute Well-Known Member

So expect a ton of trickery from pats .

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

19. nyjunc

1 play I forgot about which looking back may have been critical. when Burnett picked off Wilson why did he immediately slide? I think he thought game was over, he had plenty of room to return that ball into Seattle territory where they could have put the game away.

20. geomon

geomon Well-Known Member

Apparently Julius Peppers told him to go down.

nyjunc likes this.