NFL Championship Games Thread

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by NYJalltheway, Jan 18, 2015.

1. mute

mute Well-Known Member

No .

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

2. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

Great SB matchup. Cannot believe Seattle gutted through such a bad game to pull it out. That onsides kick recover was a stunner, an absolute stunner, when it first became apparent that GB could actually lose. Say what you want about Wilson, but how many QBs can put a 4 INT struggle behind them? And this while knowing your WRs are complete garbage (nobody playing WR for Seattle today was drafted) and can barely ever get open.

I still love how Seattle matches up with the Pats. And given the respective outcomes today (Seattle struggle, Pats blowout), Seattle can get a little bit of that underdog vibe going for them.

74 likes this.
  3. JetsHuskers fan

JetsHuskers fan Well-Known Member

i think the Jets have had only 2 or 4 AFC East titles in their history.

4. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

This Colts team had zero business getting this far. Played a mediocre choke artist Bengals team without A.J. Green and the corpse of Peyton Manning. The Seahawks will not play as poorly as they did first 50 minutes today.

sackexchange, rohirrim665 and 74 like this.
  5. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

except they are favored

6. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Im listening to the radio and they were saying the packers started celebrating after the pick. They also could have returned it for a TD apparently.....

7. joe

joe Well-Known Member

soxxx (posing as remix), put a sock in it already…

FJF and 74 like this.
  8. WhySoSerious488

What did it open at? Guaranteed that line swings the Pats way because the country will be swayed by the difference in how the teams performed today. Don't forget the line inexplicably was swinging Denver's way last year even though if you know football, you knew the Broncos were by far the easiest opponent the Seahawks had seen during their postseason run.

9. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Lol

_

10. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Seattle 2.5 point favorites. Last year they opened as favorites and it shifted toward Denver. Based on todays game people will probably put money on New England. But you cant base it completely on today (obviously).

11. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Chiefs beat both of em this year.

12. WhySoSerious488

I bet it swings to Pats -1 come kickoff. We'll see. The Pats won't run the ball like this against Seattle. The Pats won't stop the run like this against Seattle. Brady's errant passes won't be harmless incompletions against Seattle. Safe to say if you are only judging by today you are going to be as stunned as the casual fan who last year simply bet the biggest star in the game (Peyton).

13. WhySoSerious488

And they lost to the Raiders. Welcome to the NFL :)

14. WhySoSerious488

Line already moved to Seahawks -1 or even Pats -1 depending on the book.

15. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I can see the Pats attacking the middle of the Hawks D that Rodgers exposed today.

I think the Seahawks will be able to run some against the Pats, but the Pats have been handling WR's pretty well lately and Seattle doesn't have a TE to worry about.

I think it will be a good game.

16. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I think it's more important for the patriots to jump ahead early. If Seattle puts up the lead first it will be incredibly hard to beat them.

I don't like the matchups on new englands offense either. Brady is not mobile. Seattle has the 2 big safeties that can cover the tightend. The patriots receivers don't matchup well either.

17. WhySoSerious488

Yeah I didn't like what I saw out of Seattle today but this is a week to week league and a performance like today from Seattle (especially Wilson) is extraordinarily rare. They held the Packers to 6 points in the 2nd half, and still have a lot of advantages in this one. Their D just does not have much difficulty with immobile pocket QBs. You never see that type of player really go to town on Seattle, they always end up being held to 20 or less. I bet Seattle wishes it could sign a veteran WR with some size for this game. Their WR corps, already poor, became an absolute joke after Richardson's ACL injury. You figure Wilson wouldn't have those struggles again but maybe it is a fundamental problem where the WR corps has simply been stripped so bare of talent that it cannot be that effective.

18. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

The have to contain wilson to. Packers did a extremely good job of that today. But they focused on that after Kaep ran over them.

19. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

It basically comes down to the seattle offense and the passing game. If wilson can have an efficient, turnover over free game the seahawks will win it.

And yeah I agree with you, I think this matchup is bad for Brady and co. Rodgers was able to move a little bit but Brady will not be able to. They don't have the recievers either, they have the tight end but seattle has the safetys.

20. 74

74 Well-Known Member

I wonder if remix will keep posting once soxxx's ban is over

JetsHuskers fan likes this.