Next Year's Schedule

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by championjets69, Jan 8, 2007.

1. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

That's right and both years (1999 and 2003) we had a better team then most of the NFC East but we were screwed due to the QB injuries. I expect better things in 2007 but the Jets never seem to play well in years we play the NFC East (ex 1987 -strike, 1993 8-8, 1996 1-15, 1999 and 2003). That's just bad luck I suppose. But it explains the Jets terrible records against teams from the NFC East which is 7-26 all-time including 0-7 career against the Eagles. Next year we SHOULD beat Washington, Philadelphia, and the Giants simply because the Jets right now are a better team (barring injuries)... we'll see

2. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I would say 1999 and 2003 were bad luck. Prior to that we just struggled to be a decent team for more than two years in a row.

3. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

H'mm what do you say now that Coughlin has been reupped?

4. abodnar

abodnar New Member

your off your rocker this team is a product of a weak schedule

5. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

Actually, I did start a thread on next years schedule.

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=16709

6. championjets69

H'mm like I posted elsewhere the NYJs based on the final standings in the 06 NFL played the 6th toughest schedule amongst the teams that made the POs.

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

If someone doesn't quote this post, it will be ignored. I will keep quoting it until he answers.

8. championjets69

If you consider me being "anti Woody" cause I have a cont down on him bringing us a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP then you are completely in error. The problem with you & others is that whenever anybody posts HISTORICAL facts that you consider to be anti NYJ you take that to mean that the poster is anti NYJ. It is UNDENIALABLE that Woody at this time is 0-7 in bringing a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP to us. That is the fact Jack rather you like it or not!

9. abyzmul

Champ, whenever you make up new words, I can always forgive your base and one-dimensional posting style.

BTW, I really don't care if you are anti-Woody or not, just making you respond to a post that you would have ignored otherwise. :)

10. Gibril28Wilson

Gibril28Wilson New Member

we have the same coach and our team will be ready by the regular season. our team is not bad, we just have horrible coaches. i for 1 dont think Couhglin is that bad, it's just the other coaches like DB's, DC, OC, QB's...

11. Greencoloredglasses

Greencoloredglasses New Member

Health is the key to every team's season.

12. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Next year's schedule I wonder if the Jets get the Thanksgiving day game.If I am not mistaken Detroit and Dallas rotate every year playing the AFC team.Detroit played Miami so next year Dallas plays the AFC team,the only 2 AFC teams that go to Dallas next year are the Jets and Pats.

13. abyzmul

Well, you know how the schedule-makers like to play up the drama, it'll probably be New England.

14. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

you can hear the tuna vs bellichick ads already.:lol:

15. GreenMachine

Like the fact that you only tape games and watch wins?:wink:

16. mimzr007

mimzr007 New Member

Mark it down, Chad Pennington will play 16 games, his QB average will be around 95, he will have more than 20 TD and less than 13 INT, not to mention he will continue to win ( Yet to have a less than .500 winning percentage when he Starts at least 10 games) Chalk up a 11-5 record next year...

17. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

I agree with you! Our QB is another source of concern. he seldom plays well against top defenses and the teams we face next season have tough defenses! Our OL is too small as is our DL. We need more of a physical presence in the trenches. We beat 1 team with a winning record this year and they quickly avenged it! What has CHAD really done against top notch teams since 2002? Not much!

18. championjets69

What are you talking about? When did I say I taped this years games & did not watch the loses?

19. championjets69

Yes once you get past Chad is a great guy you realize how he limits us. I will take the stance that M & T see this as well & will take corrective action. As for the lines as Cimini said yesterday Brick was a mild disappointment he gave up 10 sacks hi was 13. The rest we have to get bigger/faster/meaner/snarlier & gnarlier L/man then we have now. We need people that have a chip on there shoulder that want to hit people. LBers we also need bigger/faster/meaner ones that can stop the run at the point of attack niot 5 or more yards DF. I actually think Miller may turn into a good CB his techinque in the Pats game was perfect in defending that long pass that fell incomplete. As just a fan I have to hope that M & T see this as well & also will take the actions necessary to upgrade us so we can at least compete with NE.

The papers today say that they are going to offer Hobson a extension which makes me wonder why not let him go & find better then him as well as letting him see he has hardly any value on the open market. His position is one that really/truly needs a upgrade as does JV position

20. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

For those that are interested, the NFL schedules are due out April 5. We may find out about the Jets Thanksgiving possibilty as early as this Monday as the NFL owners are meeting - last year they announced the opening national games and Thanksgiving match-ups during this meeting. So far I've read it's looking like Steelers-Cardinals 1st week Sunday night and the opening Thursday game could be Saints-Colts but nothing official.....I don't see the Jets being showcased opening weekend