Next Monday, how many will turn down the MNF announcers?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by McCareins 81, Dec 18, 2006.

1. jaywade

jaywade Active Member

personally I always turn down the sound and put on the radio monday will be no different.

2. craignyj

craignyj New Member

i hate all 3 they the worst presenters in football i would rather listen to paint dry

3. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

i hate to do it with a nice TV and the game in HD but i will probably push sound through 1050 -- the announcers kill me and i really don't want to see an interview with the producer of Black Christmas or something

4. southwestjet

southwestjet New Member

When Matthew McCohnahey was on MNF last night, I said here we go... LOL at Clay Aiken being on next weeks MNF. :rofl:

5. nico002

nico002 New Member

eh, im actually excited to be on monday night.

I like the anouncers.

6. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

:drunk: dude you cannot be serious! Even in Hi def the NFL network looks like wwf wrestling at midnight on channel 9 in 1981. The graphics are awful and Bryant Gumbel is the gayest, hard to listen to toolbag in the country.....Id rather watch the games on the oxygen channel than the NFL network

7. jamesAngleton

jamesAngleton New Member

I actually think Mike Tirico is pretty good. I can do without the other two. And I can do without the guests every Monday.

Mike Tirico was a Bayside HS (in Queens) graduate like myself and was friends with my older brother and came over my house a couple of times when i was a kid. They worked on "the Triangle" which was the school paper. He really ballooned both physically and I am sure financially

8. Out for the Season

Out for the Season New Member

Tirico is not that bad at least he does better than some guys in CBS that make u sleep even if u have slept the 24 hours before, but I really dont get used to see him broadcasting football even after almost a full season, he should stick with basketball but not football, then its Theismann, at least he tries to describe whats happening on the game, that must be a hard work for him, and then Korn, no comments just too much fantasy team talk, overall he has to get out of there, they should bring back the "Look at those feet" guy, he was much better than those three who are in the program now.

9. genom

genom Active Member

in my opinion, nfl network broadcasts more for the true fan, rather than the casual oh a football game is on viewer.

10. All Star

All Star Active Member

Man, I just can't stand how they promote stuff during the game, we miss half the plays, and are forced to watch someone we don't care about ....

It's all about the money >___<

I can do without the "Pink" intro on SNF though >___>

11. Pennythetowelboy

Pennythetowelboy New Member

i like the MNF crew, its a different type of broadcasting and its interesting to watch, but i can do w/o the actors promoting a movie crap during the game for god sake do that shit at half time.

12. jixxjr

jixxjr Well-Known Member

Whenever I watch the game at home, I ALWAYS turn off the sound and turn on the radio. The announcers on the radio always seem to be more knowledgeable and they (almost) always have a pro-Jets slant. Those guys on TV hate us with a passion and it comes through with every word that they utter. We never make great plays as far as they are concerned. It's the other team not playing up to their ability and making a mistake that allows us to make a big gain, or a sack, or an interception etc. The announcers are not supposed to be biased but when you listen, it's VERY obvious that they are. I just can't listen to those idiots anymore. This is why, when I actually can listen to the game, I turn on the radio.

13. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I agree 100%.

14. KERRYRHODES25

KERRYRHODES25 New Member

anythings better that ultro sinquo doing the lineup
    it took him 10minutes to announce t.j. houzmenzadah
    chad J your a great player but your cleates were horrible last night.
    Did anyone see the cleates chad J was wearing? they were awful.

15. NYJets38

NYJets38 New Member

They suck but I don't want to listen to the game in silence so I will deal with them.

16. zoobooz

zoobooz Member

I'd have to agree with whoever mentioned Dierdorf last week, that was one of the worst announcing jobs I think I've ever heard. He couldn't even get the names right and it got worse from there...

Tirico is better than Michaels, but Theisman needs to go. I haven't watched enough MNF this season to judge Tony, awesome on PTI, but sounds like not suited for play-by-play. Collinsworth is one of the better color guys out there...Gumbel has got to get out of football...now...

17. McCareins 81

McCareins 81 New Member

Very true they'll have Joe Pesci or Dennis Franz up in the booth or the always alvailable ass-bag Mike Wilbon