Next 3 Games...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jeti, Oct 16, 2017.

1. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

I think that was more on Gailey and Bowles. Hopefully Morton won't dumb down the playbook when the young QBs get a chance to play.

Royal Tee likes this.
  2. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Exactly!!! This is the MAIN reason you sit your Young QB's....
    That way they hit the field running.... I actually like Mort so far...think he's doing some good things.

3. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

True, give them the entire playbook and see what they can do

Sink or swim

Cman68 and TonyFtLaud like this.
  4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I like Mort too. I hope he somehow sticks around if Boweles gets canned.

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

The operative term here is "hit the field".. When does this happen? 2 yrs in? perhaps 3? Unless you're an Aaron Rodgers sitting behind a Bret Farve, that simply isn't a practical approach anymore. Either the kids can play or they can't but you have to find out sooner rather than later. It would be foolish to go into the '18 draft looking for a FQB with only a tainted, microscopic body of work to judge your existing talent at QB. Bowles at some point has to give in and play the kids if for no other reason than to give his GM more information to make the judgement call. In addition, not playing your GM's dp's for several years doesn't exactly endear you to him and suggests different agendas are in play.

6. Greensleeves

Greensleeves Well-Known Member

Well said. Everyone likes to trash Bowles, but they say Petty and Hack suck because they aren't getting playing time. What on earth makes anyone think that Bowles knows how to evaluate a QB or any offensive players for that matter? He is going with the vets to a fault and at the expense of the future of the team. I would be much happier watching Petty or Hack get experience, even if they didn't play well, than watching McCown play pretty well and still lose. It makes no sense other than saving his own face. We were never good enough to make the playoffs. I want the Jets to have sustained success, and you really can't do that without a Franchise QB that puts up a lot of points during the regular season. A great D will not do it for you. Put the young guys in now! I can't understand why fans will be happy with 6-10 instead of going 3-13 and getting a QB that could make us perennial winners.