Newsday:Jets' offense slated for demolition

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by AlToon, Feb 21, 2006.

1. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

SAME HERE - BRING IT ON....

Mawae wasn't going to be playing Great Ball when the Jets are ready to win anyway....

OFF with their Heads!!!

2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Just a reminder that I will be arriving Austin on 03/10

3. hammer

hammer New Member

You say that now, but are you willing to put up with a few losing seasons? Will you still sit there in December, freezing your ass off as this clean slate dirty ups the field?-

4. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

HAH!!

Barbecue at Byz's joint!

It's gotta happen. It's just gotta!

5. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

Isn't that only under condition that he signs the franchise offer? if he doesn't, and he didn't last year until the end of camp, tghen he doesn't count.

6. ATL-JET

ATL-JET Active Member

Im with you Royal Tee. I LOVE this new regime, no nonsense and getting down to business. I am fully aware that after 2006 we will be up for a top 10 draft pick again, because ESPECIALLY on offense, this team is in DIRE need of being rebuilt. DO NOT expect a Saban type 9 - 7 turnaround for this team.

The reality is we need plenty of holes to fill and will need at least 2 drafts and 2 FA periods 2 fix it.

7. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

The Problem is have is.......

without Mawae and Kendall we have no frackin' offensive line! We do NOT have their replacements on the roster. If you think you can replace them with rookies thats nuts too. We'll have another '95 season. Count on it.

8. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Yes that is true another 1996 season may be on the books but it didn't take us very long to go from 1996 season to being on the door step of a SB. I have confidence that Mangini and Tanny have an idea of what they are doing and what direction they are going in. You don't see many rookie GM's and coaches cleaning house. They are too afraid to lose early. It's apparent that Mangini and Tanny know you have to take your lumps to build a winner. Just think back to the Jimmy Johnson era in Dallas. He took alot of gambles and it turned into 3 SB titles. If we are 4-12 three years from now Mangini will be on the hot seat but I think in 3 years time we'll have the players and the cap space to compete again.

As far as trading Mawae I never even thought about it? I wonder what we could get for Mawae... a 3rd or 4th maybe.

9. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

What you say is true, but it took Parcells to get us back on track.