New York Jets went to see Colin Kaepernick

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsFan, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

We did learn this. And we had one with a winning record in the NFL. He got Myles Garrett'd.

FJF likes this.
  2. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

This may be, or may not be, true. However in either case, the media shit storm that will come with him will almost certainly be a detriment to the team overall. I am pretty certain that if he is to get another shot, NY is most definitely NOT the ideal place to do it.

Leicester Jet and Since1969 like this.
  3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

nah, Siemien isn't good

we had one with Bridgewater and he got McCagnan'ed

Ralebird likes this.
  4. BrowningNagle

I like that he gave the 'fuck you' to the NFL's little sideshow and scheduled his own. That takes some balls. I don't think anyone will sign him though

Doesn't mean he shouldn't though. Detroit started Jeff Driskel Sunday. Kaepernick is better than Jeff Driskel

5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Championship ! ;)

6. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

After Kaepernick pulled the stunt with the workout, it's clear he will continue to be an insubordinate distraction.

The Jets can't afford this kind of attention right now.

7. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

The Jets' illustrious owner is somewhat beholden to a fellow who displays a lot of very public animosity toward the player in question.

I don't think he'll be coming here.

Acad23 likes this.
  8. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Woody is so progressive he's over in the UK promoting American farm products in the UK by trying to get them to lift the ban on hormone injected Beef and Chlorine washed chicken.

9. BrowningNagle

Woody Johnson bought the Jets and he bought his ambassadorship, and as he's clearly shown, buying a role doesn't mean you will be any good at it

sozopol and Biggs like this.
  10. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Sorry Royal Tree.. but I gotta call ya on this one. Blaming the NFL for ruining his career seems heavy handed. Seems to most what the NFL did is give Colin millions of dollars and a world wide platform which he used to ruin his own career.

Fans were burning their season tics.

Fans were burning their jerseys.

I don't think the 32 owners needed to 'collude' in order for none of them to want the Colin Circus rolling into town.

If you wanna call out NFL fans for being racist, fine.

But calling out the 32 owners and the NFL at large as 'bad' for not wanting Colin anywhere near their teams seems misplaced.

11. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Wasn't Kaep offered a back up QB roll last year and turned it down, as in he only wants to be brought in as a starter? I'm too lazy to look it up, but I recall something like that coming out of his camp. I don't think he's not looking to hold a clipboard.

12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

You can argue whether you believe the NFL was being genuine or not in this workout setup. But they still did it.

But Kaepernick and his camp have been crying all season long about no one calling him. So the NFL said ok, here's your open workout, but it's going to be on our terms. You truly want to play football again? Do it in front of the scouts and not the media.

Do you go to an interview and say I want to have it at Starbucks and I also want it to be dress-down with no business casual clothes?

He had no right to try to dictate terms regardless if he felt it was disingenuine. And he went on to prove exactly why no NFL team wants to deal with it. Challenging the NFL and it's teams in a condescending tone.

It wasn't about football. It was about a flex. And I think because he dodged the workout and went rogue, he also skipped out on the interview process that they had setup.

He made it about his war vs. The NFL and not getting back on the field.

Everyone also seems to forget that HE used his player option to opt out of his contract after he went 1-10 in his final season. And he's now three years removed from football.

#72 Jonathan_Vilma, Nov 18, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
  13. BrowningNagle

don't pat the NFL on their back too hard, it was probably part of their settlement.

14. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Denver offered Kaep a $6million. He said no.
    Baltimore had an offer in place for him until his idiot GF called The owner and Rey Lewis the characters from Django unchained.
    Miami was interested and the idiot wears a Fidel Castro shirt.

The guy never wanted to play in the league. Eric Reid has a job -- he took a knee. He protested. Kaep is a clown.

Footballgod214, Sec124DieHard and CBG like this.
  15. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...-lynch-kyle-shanahan-san-francisco/102358456/

Speaking to Pro Football Talk, Lynch explained the team's position: “Yes (they were planning to cut Kaepernick), and we had that conversation with him. So I don’t want to characterize it as he made a decision to leave here. We both sat down and under that current construct of his deal, it was a big number. Kyle had a vision for what he wanted to do, and one thing I think Kyle was very clear and I think Colin appreciated, is that Kyle has an idea of how he’d play with Colin Kaepernick. But he preferred to run the exact offense that he ran in Atlanta last year that was record-breaking in this league. And if you change it for the quarterback, you change it for everybody on that offense. So he had a great discussion that I think gave Colin clarity, so we moved on.

SF with great fan fare announced a 6 year extension for 126 million for Kap after he lead them to a SB before the 2014 season. What SF didn't say was the deal only guaranteed Kap 13 million. He did stay for 3 years and got 39 million of the 126 million deal SF announced publicly and he earned every cent of it. SF cut Kap because they were changing the system and didn't want to pay him. It was really that simple. The idea that Kap opted out of playing pro football is complete BS. It's made up conspiracy theory. He left when he was informed he was being cut. He was cut because they didn't want to pay him and he didn't get another job. Now we can speculate why he didn't get another job? We do know that the league settled with him to drop his case of collusion against the league. That doesn't mean they colluded or didn't collude just that they paid him so they didn't have to defend it when there was enough evidence for a case to go forward.

Kap has every right to try and get work. It was part of his settlement, the one the NFL agreed to.

Ralebird and BrowningNagle like this.
  16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

while I agree with you on that , Kaepernick is not even a good starter let alone backup ----then add the baggage ? Yes Johnsons sign this beast so I can be done with this franchise for good !

17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Lots of young men post and say stupid / dumb things so take comfort in the fact that you are not alone. :D

18. BrowningNagle

Idk, he looked pretty good to me as a starter. if Darnold did even half the things he accomplished on the field, we'd be freakin out with excitement here.

were all excited because Darnold had 4 touchdowns in a relatively meaningless game against the 1-9 Redskins. Colin Kaepernick once had 4 touchdowns in the divisional round of the playoffs as he lead his team to the Super Bowl

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  19. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

He looked so good that he was benched for Blaine Gabbert :rolleyes::rolleyes:

20. BrowningNagle

briefly... then he won his job back for the rest of the season