New York Jets went to see Colin Kaepernick

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsFan, Nov 17, 2019.

1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Not comparable. Kap is good enough to play in the NFL (and better than several starters most likely including our own), whereas Lloyd is not.

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

The reason we shouldn’t sign him is because he is not a good qb. He is a first read and run with no touch jag with a strong arm. Not sure how long that would last at 32.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  3. HomeoftheJets

I've watched old games, and I don't find the quality of play to have been better back then. Different styles, but I actually like the modern passing attacks. As for Brady, I wouldn't be surprised either way. He isn't above cheating, but the last two legends (Peyton and Favre) played into their 40s. And Brady is healthier than Peyton was and plays a less risky style than Favre did.

4. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

So you think Kap is better then Darnold...gotcha...sign him up SB here we come.

JetsFan likes this.
  5. HomeoftheJets

Wouldn't surprise me if he is. Darnold is a victim of bad coaching and a bad OL, but I still shouldn't have to hold my breath every time he drops back to throw. Having said that, we have no need for a below average QB who's rusty and past his prime.

6. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I wonder if she could hit a 60 yarder without shorts......lol

FJF, CotcheryFan and MJK like this.
  7. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

If he can create other looks like several teams do, and if Gase is an offensive genius they say he is, he would want him As part of his plays if he feels he can play.

Ravens play RGIII in several packages including the Heisman Package and works out well. I don’t think any teams are asking Kap to be the starting QB.

Running QBs bring another dimension to the game and play.

Mogriffjr likes this.
  8. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

I found the guy who thought trading for Tim Tebow was a good idea.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  9. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

What does this have to do with Tebow?

Expand your mind my friend. See the field.

10. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

All,

So far so good but please try not to bring politics into this.

Royal Tee likes this.
  11. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

I just expanded my mind...I think we need more wild cat.

12. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

You didn't hear? He doesn't like blue people.

13. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

I won't say he's better but i will say Sam makes stupid decisions far too frequently to be a franchise qb. He consistently throws off his back foot and chooses not to get rid of the ball when needed. When will he realize this is not USC/COLLEGE?

14. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Heidi Russo his birth mother was white, the people who raised him as his parents were white. His siblings he grow up with were white, as were the schools he went to. He by definition had a privileged life and still does, but does he claim his whiteness or any of the blame he dishes out daily to other whites. He has spoken for reparations, but how would that work? Would his white half pay the black half? He judges everything on color of skin, yet he has no proof any of his ancestors were actually slaves in this country, nor can he prove his ancestors were not slave owners. He wants white people to pay restitution based on their skin color, to black people based on their skin color. Fact is ANYTHING based on skin color is racist, so he who uses skin color as the basis for everything is racist.

15. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

you put some weapons around the guy and watch out

16. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Another Red Flag! Stay Away!

"On Saturday, former San Francisco 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick dissed the NFL by skipping out on a tryout the organization setup for him, apparently because he wasn’t allowed to bring his own camera crew."

17. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Red flag?
    Nah, more like making sure the world sees wtf is actually going on. After what they did to him (and settled because of it) you can't blame him.
    Show the world wtf is ACTUALLY going on.
    The NFL does too much shady shit behind closed doors, that's the reason they already fessed up and settled. Collusion is a real thing.

Mogriffjr likes this.
  18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The way the NFL went about this whole thing was bad. But I think they're OK with it and wanted it to be that way.

Whether you agree or disagree with what Kaepernick was doing with the kneeling, the fact remains that he nearly crashed the entire league over it. And they lost tons of money because of it.

And the thing that bugs me about it is that he didn't ultimately do anything about it. He didn't do interviews and go on a long social justice campaign to fix what he believed is a big problem in this world. He didn't lobby for legislative change. He disappeared and became a martyr who didn't stand up for his cause after the fact.

He's done one Nike commercial in three years about it and took a big settlement from the NFL over it. That's it.

19. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Kaep is VERY involved in the community and giving back...just because he isn't demanding attention to what he does, does not mean he isn't doing anything.

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  20. PabloJa

PabloJa Well-Known Member

I’m just here to post “Fire Adam Gase” and stir the pot, and I’m all out of “Fire Adam Gase” posts.

Royal Tee likes this.