New York Jets | FINAL 7 ROUND MOCK DRAFT 5.0

Discussion in 'Draft' started by PennyandtheJets, Apr 24, 2022.

1. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

This is the Final Mock Draft I will be sharing. These are a TON of work, but a lot of fun to make. I hope you all check out the mock and let me know what you think.

Also, if you haven't subscribed to my channel yet, I will be giving away a Free Jets Jersey on April 27th to one of my subscribers. If you enjoy the video, I hope you consider supporting my Jets channel :D

Rockinz, Lon Chaney, IDFjet and 3 others like this.
  2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Another great job Penny! I would be very happy with a draft like this. I could quibble a bit, but more based upon will certain players be there than the players you selected.

For example, will Zion be there at #38? I'm not so sure. In fact, he might well be gone before #35, but I really do like him coming to the Jets if possible.

If they DID take him with the #38, though taking Zach Tom while I also really him, is a bit of overkill given some of the other holes we have. That said, I'm in the "I don't trust Becton camp" and so having a guy who can play T in this scheme is a very big consideration so I wouldn't complain if this iwhat Douglas does.

I LOVE the Troy Anderson pick! I've been on his bandwagon for a while and think he'd be a great addition to this team, even if they say they're happy with their current group of LB'ers. He may not last until pick 11 though.

There's a bit of a mixed justification for the Shakir pick it seems. Initially you say he would be drafted as insurance in case Williams isn't ready to start the season, but then you go on to say that he'd need a bit of development in learning to expand his route tree coming from a spread offense. Maybe there's no inconsistency in that but it seems like it. That said, I like the pick and think he could be a good addition to the arsenal.

I also like the Kolar pick. I agree that they should take advantage of the deep TE class and add someone who can contribute something now, but also become a good starter in the near future.

And finally I like the idea of adding a former teammate of Zach's in Tyler Allgeier. They could probably find a better RB if they used an earlier pick for one, but I think Allgeier is a really good all purpose back, and that's what this offense values. Given Zach's familiarity with him makes him all the more useful.

I'm still of the belief that Douglas swings a trade for Samuels, Brown, or Metcalf, which will throw all of this up in the air, but if that doesn't happen, your draft would be a damn good one.

3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Nice job Penny Thanks!

Couple of questions for you however ..

You mention how the Georgia OL kid fits perfectly with JDs belief in high character , team building

But this seems to contradict your pick at 4 >>KT

I was firmly rooting for Thib as the Edge we need to have till I heard some bad character reports namely it's not just about branding for Nike but that he could care less about winning..so he chose Oregon over Alabama for example and no one can coach him...??

Imo JD should take the Florida State guy at 4 because I don't trust KTs attitude ..that's Huge

FTMR exchanging the 10 pick for Deebo would be mind blowing....after all the Draft in just a great big educated guess! That said that trade might be too expensive..Not sure. Still Williamson from GA is good but he is already injured and that sucks. If it could happen, Deebo is also used to playing with a very average QB Jimmy G so he can field some bad Wilson passes

Your other selections seem solid ..let's see what unfolds

4. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Whether I prefer any given player you selected or not, I at least think it’s realistic save for the Zion Johnson selection. Johnson is a lock for the top 25 if not the top 20.

5. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

KT and Jamo in the first round????

This is my dream scenario.

To top it off, we get Cine and Zion in the 2nd. I think all of us could appreciate this draft if it falls this way.

Well done!!

ColoradoContrails and KingRoach like this.