New/updated uniforms (Poll Added)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Apr 19, 2018.

?

Did you like the new uniforms and logo?

1. Yep

48.5%
  2. Nope

25.5%
  3. Neutral

26.0%
  1. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Well, at least we're "thinking green"

HomeoftheJets and Jets_Grinch like this.
  2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

"No, not that version of the word", oh, please. Is that like calling someone's Mom a whore instead of a ho? You don't know anything about me, my background, how I was raised, who I was raised by and who I was raised around. Never did I ever say that I thought it was "OK" and never would I ever use that word towards another human being, hard r, a, or otherwise (I already said that but it warrants repeating). So there is some unspoken mass distinction that renders a word inoffensive or undemoralizing on top of DEPENDING on who is saying it? Did I do that right? The bullshit anger response is ridiculous. There are people on this board who know me personally, in real life, including a Moderator, who would laugh in your face for all of it and any of it

I also never intimated it was "OK" because other people do it. Please do point out to me where and when I said that because you won't find it. I also didn't see anyone else saying it was "OK". In fact, I've mentioned this n phenomenon several times before because I think it's terrible and self-hating not because I agree with it or condone it in any way; but if you point that out no matter the method you're the POS. I have every right to defend myself here, but of course I'm waiting for the barrage of me thinks thou protest too much to rain down on my unrepentant head. Tick-tock.

The last thing I'll say on this is that people can't have it both ways but they certainly act that way when it suits their PC agenda. Oh, look how great I am for calling someone a cretin or a bigot for using an offensive word and then put on Mos Def and shove in their earbuds. It's not only sanctimonious it's disingenuous and full of shit. So yeah, it is about being on a high horse when the displaced hypocritical "moral outrage" is not being pointed precisely in the direction it belongs. I unintentionally derailed the thread and that's the only thing that I'll ever apologize for. Carry on, go Jets.

3. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I murdered your innocence a long time ago.

Jessie? JESSIE?! Please do try harder. That's like comparing abyzmul to Jets5180. Before your time abyzmul came out with a classic: she needed to get hit in the face with a rotten salami. Hahaha. She was awful and reported people a minimum of 10 times a day. Not that I don't suck or anything, but I've never reported anyone in my life.

4. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

No, it's not. If you don't know the difference, then you're ignorant on the issue.

Then you shouldn't use it on a message board.

There's a difference between the hard r and with the a. On top of that, yes, if someone who is black happens to be saying it (mostly with the a), I have no problem with it. Sorry, it's in the context of the history of our country that was founded on racism and discrimination. They took the word and flipped it around. I have no say in that. They're the ones that were damaged. You don't have the right to prevent them from using it with the history we have in this country. Don't get mad at this "privilege," this double standard they now have. Personally, I never use it. But I think of course who is saying it (with an a) matters. Eminem doesn't use it. Gee, I wonder why.

I didn't make a big deal out of it. My response was like 3 words. I agree with what you're saying here. Just don't use the word, even here, that's all.

You're out of your element here. African-Americans can use their version word if they want to. I look at it this way. First it was okay for whites to use the word to describe blacks, and now blacks are using it in a different way but it's no longer allowed? Like I said, personally, I won't use it. But I'm not going to condemn them for it. If you can't understand that in the context of our history, then you're just deciding not to. Right now you're acting like a snowflake over a three word response over something you agree isn't right. But then again I'm the one that's going crazy. Sure.

#3064 Catfish Billy, Apr 1, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
    NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

Bingo

6. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

@jetophile @Catfish Billy

I am not a moderator, but perhaps you both should let this one go. Neither of you is going to gain anything from that discussion.

7. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

I'm okay with stopping now, just didn't expect it would be ok for people to be dropping hard Rs on this board.

8. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

To get back to the program a little bit, saw this as possible leak....and i kinda like it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

That turd was already dumped in this thread a few times ;)

NY Jets68 likes this.
  10. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

0% chance of this being the uniform.

11. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

Laughs are cheap. I’m looking for gasps bro...gasps.

12. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

One thing I’m certain about after all the reports. The uniforms won’t be blah. They very well might be too extreme but certainly not blah like the above mock up.

13. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

There are no leaks as of this moment - as in pictures. There are only descriptions from people who has seen or claim to have seen the new uniforms .

They have been described as a rich looking green with black as a second lesser color somewhere in the uniform . The numbers have been described as large with possibly a square type font There supposedly is a black alternate jersey. Nothing has been mentioned as a helmet color although I seem to recall reading that one of the sources mentioned the helmet as being green.

Just three days to go ...

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  14. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Don't ruin this for me Dennis!

15. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

The Jets somehow not having someone in the org leak these uniforms is a very non Jet occurrence

16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Glad to see you took my advice about saying you have black friends.

Personally, I think it's troublesome when non-blacks use the word...hard r or not.

Sure, context matters...and I think if you had posted the video without quoting the lyric there would be no issue.

I'm not qualified to judge when & where it's ok to use the word, but I know enough to steer clear...and I have black friends.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  17. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

It is utterly shocking that no leaks have happened or have they????? lol

18. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

It would be hilarious if nobody else even cared except us in this thread.

K'OB likes this.
  19. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

My buddy at work is a jets fan and has no idea were getting new uniforms...

20. Doreblade

Doreblade Active Member

I've a thought - this is a valid discussion on it's own basis so why not have a separate thread for it where all and sundry can give their opinions on the rights and wrongs and drag this one back to its original purpose - the new kit...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

ColoradoContrails and Dierking like this.