New Stadium mailer from Woody

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ess-dog, May 27, 2008.

1. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

nobody knows for sure but i know one thing,you aint getting my $80 per game seat on the 40 sun side

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

$80?

By 2010 you won't be able to get yourself a seat in the back of the men's room for that price.

3. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

is that what your charging in the end stall?
    damn
    gas , milk and homosexual activity all the prices are skyrocketing

4. Section 227. Row 5

Yeah, now we know why you can only afford $80 per seat. You're spending your money on all these other nonessentials.

5. Section 227. Row 5

The bottom line on the seats, after my last conversation with the FO, is that it's going to go by longevity... where your seats are and how long you've been a ticketholder.

6. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

see that sucks for me. im FRC, and those havent been there that long. couple that with the prime location and its def gettin the heavy psl. fuck man now on top of no gate d fun i wont even be able to make crude comments to the flight crew when they hit my corner anymore. this new stadium is gonna end up sucking royal nut.

7. Nu'u Fa'aola

Nu'u Fa'aola New Member

I didn't realize having money and understanding why the team would charge for PSLs and raise ticket prices excluded me from being a "real fan" and included me in the "corporate crowd."

I don't necessarily agree with PSLs and raising prices, but I completely understand why the team would do it.

Am I happy about having to pay for a PSL? No. Am I happy about having to the idea of paying more for season tickets I use once, maybe twice a year? No. Am I going to suck it up and deal with it it? Yes. Not because I'm part of the corporate machine that's trying to kick people out of the stadium, but because I can afford to.

#67 Nu'u Fa'aola, May 29, 2008
    Last edited: May 29, 2008
  8. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Common sense is not the forte of many who have posted in this thread. You are just posting what is just plain simple thinking by the owner of the team. Because whatever the new plan is it will be disrupting there "ownership" of there present seats which has them POed. Maybe they are hoping that by bitching & moaning that Woody will alter his plans & allow them to continue seating in the seats they have had for some years. Myself I have had season tix since 65 & I am sure Woody does not care one hoot about that stat whatsoever since the only thing he is interested in is money which I think 227 & 314 among others do not want to accept. The funny thing there was a poster who warned years ago about what Woodys reals intentions were & they pooh, pooh that & bashed the poster now I wonder what they think both about the foresight of that poster & how well he pegged Woody at least 7 years ago.

#68 championjets69, May 30, 2008
    Last edited: May 30, 2008
  9. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Anybody not receive the mailer? I have not received one.

10. KSJets

KSJets New Member

I just got mine today.

11. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

obviously they don't give a fuck about the "jets fans", all they care about is corporate america. what they don't understand is, with the economy the way it is, corporations are going broke, and laying off thousands. the corporate big wigs are foregoing big bonuses, and big ticket items are falling faster then a led balloon.
    i wonder how many corporations are going to fork over the amounts they expected to recieve(they will i know, but i'm on a roll) for this high priced piece of crap, when they started talking about building it? i hear the "coaches club seats"(not called that at thier stadium), at the new cowboys stadium are $50k psl's! not stating this as fact, but thats what i've heard.
    viva la reveloution!!!!

12. Jersey Joe 67

well GOD bless you, that you can afford it.
    the real sad story here is, the poor working stiff, who's kids want to go to a game, get a foam #1 finger, a program, soda, hot dog, and crackerjacks, is gonna have to take out a home equity loan to take his kid to a game.
    remember when collecting baseball/football cards was a kids game? now wax packs sell for upwards of $10, and don't even come with that crappy cardboard tasting gum!
    it"s just sad, it really is.

13. championjets69

This post sounds to me like a person who cannot cope with today pressures in the world. IMHO your post was so behind the times it is actually hard to fathom. Woody is just a business man attempting to make a buck. If you have never seen the movie Wall Street maybe you should & take special notice of what Michael Douglas says about greed in America. If you have seen it please go back to the scene at the stockholders meeting & listen most closely to his lines because he is portraying the true America. Woody is doing exactly what Michael Douglas says he should do.

14. Jersey Joe 67

go watch your movie, because thats all you'll be able to afford to do, when the prices keep going up, to offer things the "real fans", are'nt interested in.
    your blind if you don't see the sadness in the fact that it would cost a father of 2 over $300 bucks, to spend the day at a football game with his kids.

15. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

Well turns out I'm now being offered 4 season tickets this year by the Jets. I was at around 1200 a few months ago. I'm getting the details hopefully tomorrow (mailing went to parents' house, and they sent it to me yesterday).

Can I say no this year but stay at the front of the line? Does buying now give me the best start in getting better seats down the line? I have a bunch of questions, but can't start a new thread since my post count is so low.

I would GREATLY appreciate help from anyone here since chucking out $3k for these 4 seats is a little scary on short notice. But I'll do it if it will help me in the longer term....

Go Jets!!!!

16. KSJets

KSJets New Member

I was in the same boat as you and I called the ticket office and they said I could defer my spot for a year. I was like you and was still on the list just a couple of months ago (a little over 500 for me). I took some of the money I had saved and paid off a few bills and then used some to buy a ticket from one of my friends. Then I got the same offer as you and I decided against going into further debt. I figure since I have my friend's ticket I'll still be able to go to the games and then get my own next year.

I would call them up just to confirm everything though just to be safe.

17. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Do it now because 2 years from now you will be giving them up like most of us, besides this is the year we go 7-1 at home and take over the AFC east from the Pats. Live in the present!!!!!

18. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

Thanks, guys! If I could defer for one year, that would be the safest option for me since I already have a ticket to each of the 10 games from my friend from whom I've been buying seats the last 10+ years. So I'm all set for this year.

I could grab the seats and theoretically start the process of moving up higher on the list, but I'd have to put out like $3200 and then sell most if not all of those seats since I'm already set this year. I don't *think* that would be too hard, but I'm very lazy, and I'm not sure it's worth the effort if I can just defer for 1 year.

I should get the paperwork sometime today and will call their office today or tomorrow.

Lastly - go Jets! I'll take 7-1 at home. But who's the one loss??

19. championjets69

H'mm really now when I have had season tix since 65 + having 2 sons.

20. championjets69

Wow & holy smokes if your post is accurate then many NYJs soeason tix holders already gave up there seats even before the PSLs are announced

#80 championjets69, Jun 2, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2008