New QB1: Insert Trevor Siemian

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Sep 12, 2019.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I think you guys are thinking of Davis Webb. :)

Seriously though, hard to evaluate Siemian with the 2's. I don't remember him being garbage, but I remember the whole offense being hard to watch besides the starters.

Longsuffering88 and CBG like this.
  2. jxc

jxc Active Member

Darnold averaged 4.5 yds per throw against the Bills, not including the half dozen passes he threw at the d lines hands.

Siemian is an upgrade.

3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Like we needed one..

Wahoo likes this.
  4. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

The interesting thing about this is that Siemian has experience with Thomas. It would be amazing if they were able to be in sync and somehow beat the shit talking Browns next week. I just hope Mosley is there.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  5. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

Get Andrew Luck....

6. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

It's easy to be down, and as a Jet fan its almost normal to feel that way, especially during the Bowles/Mac Era.

We lose Enunwa/Darnold.
    Then Bell, Adam's, Mosley, QWill are banged up.

But it still could be worse... As some have mentioned T. Siemian is a good backup, winning record, experience with D. Thomas. Also we know this upcoming schedule is tough as we all know, that even with Sam we couldve lost the first 6/7 games.
    The benefit of not having Sam play is he won't experience the losing. He will get a chance to recover and learn. I think losing often can get to a young developing QB, which Sam is, so in the long run this might help the Jets.

But just imagine if Siemian, who is not terrible from many expert accounts, comes in and win 5/6 games, do you ride with Siemian or let Sam D take over? It's a great scenario, but unrealistic. This would raise Siemians value, and perhaps we could flip him for a solid pick.

I know it's crazy, but that's what we Jets fan are... Stay positive all, we have 15 more weeks to get better, and make a run.

7. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

At least we have somebody fairly competent to turn to. Siemian is no world beater but he's not crap either. Textbook game manager. Won't win a game by himself. But he can make some plays here and there. Let's just not ask him to do too much. Hopefully we can establish the run early and maybe get a defensive or special teams score

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I think it's going to help tremendously with Le'veon Bell. A guy like that makes the QBs job much easier.

I hope Gase has a plan to use Bell and Montgomery a lot on Monday. Limit turnovers and mistakes, but get the ball in a playmakers hands

NYJetsO12, CotcheryFan and Acad23 like this.
  9. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Absolutely. Heck get Powell involved too

10. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Haha, I'm sure he'd be dying to come out of retirement and play behind our top notch offensive line.

11. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Mark Sanchez just predicted on ESPN that Siemian is going to throw three TD passes in the Jets MNF win.

So he has that going for him, which is nice.

BacktoQueens and The Dark Knight like this.
  12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Siemian is an upgrade over a Darnold playing with mono, which is exactly what Sam was man enough to do last week. That is all.

13. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised if this is true.

He might come out and win us this game Monday night

14. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

I'm just happy that for once our backup isn't old enough to be Sam's father.

15. They thought it was strep which would be no fun to play w either.

Had it in HS & literally passed out from exhaustion while seeing my fav band live. No energy or stomach for anything

LAJet and The Dark Knight like this.
  16. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Panasonic?

17. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

You really think that Darnald had any choice in the dink and dunk play calling and it won't be the same for Siemian?

Upgrade, fuck me, this place o_O

BacktoQueens likes this.
  18. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Of course the dink and dunk and no roll outs may well have been because they knew he wasn't 100% and we have done Gase an injustice in calling him for his shitty play calling.

19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The funny thing is, a couple of years ago, the board would have been EXCITED to have Trevor Siemian at QB. Huge upgrade over Geno, Fitz, and McCown. We would all be high fiving! Instead, we lose Sam to mono, and we are all bummed out over it. That is how life works sometimes. Hopefully Siemian steps up and leads the Jets to a couple wins.

BrickcityJet and forevercursed like this.
  20. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

To be clear I'm rooting for Siemian 100%. Yet disheartened all to hell that we lost Sam for an indefinite period of time. We saw flashes of brilliance here and there from Sam but not enough to know if he is our savior or not. This year was truly his baptism of fire, with a better supporting cast and arguably a better CS. But that is now in the back burner. Shit happens and the Jets have received more than their share of it over the years.
    Yet I'm not ready to write off the season. I expect the rest of the team to suck it up and play with pride and with an added chip on their shoulders. Last week was devastating at many levels, with key players like Sam, Robbie, the kicker, the OL, a soft defense and even a CS making key play calling mistakes that cause us the game. We have no room to accommodate errors, far from it, but if we play our best game, we have a damned good chance to win Monday. The game against the Browns will be a huge testament to the resilience and will of this team.
    Stay healthy and fight till the end Jets. Lets make this season count no matter what.