New Nike NFL Uniforms for 2012

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Atopps, Nov 19, 2010.

1. DRC™

DRC™ Active Member

Seen them a while back

I think they're nice. If it's real

2. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

Browns uni is the only one they didn't fuck with. Interesting.

3. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

THEY ARE FAKE-

Jets VP-
    "mhigginsjets mhiggins
    Not real RT @OneEyedWonder: @mhigginsjets any comment on pics floating around about next yr Nike uniforms?look awful."

And oneEyedWonder is not me-

4. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

So that's what the XFL uni designer has been up to.

5. JetsYankeesThrylos

JetsYankeesThrylos Active Member

You guys are crazy and overreacting, some of the designs are pretty good, but yes most of them are lame. God that Steelers one is ridiculous. Most of the number fonts on the jersey's are stupid and make them look worse.

The ones that are shitty IMO are SanFran, Chiefs, Jaguars, Chargers, Pitt, Vikings, Pats, Dolphins and Broncos, then you got a bunch like the Bears, Cowboys, Bills, Browns, Lions and Titans that pretty much look the same but done with the Combat Uni's and IMO the Jets one if the black was white on the jersey, Panthers and Ravens are pretty sick looking, Ravens is my favorite, looks really good.

But I don't care either way, I like our current uni's but if they change them so be it I'm still a Jets fan, that being said, everyone sitting here saying they are all terrible and will have a hard time watching the sport if teams wore these, stfu, grow up. They're fuckin fake anyway.

6. discostu570

discostu570 Active Member

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/19/those-supposed-nike-uniform-sketches-are-fake/

They're fake.

But, a useful discussion piece, because I'm sure Nike will come up with something even worse, and it'll be up to the teams to say no.

This is one of those things where everybody, the teams, Nike, and the NFL, stands to make money, so the only thing that's going to stop it is for fans to be pissed enough that the owners decide it isn't worth the extra couple bucks in their pockets.

I'm at Virginia Tech. Anybody remember the stupid black uniforms they wore for the season opener against Boise State? Watch the VT-Miami game tomorrow and see how many of them you can count in the stands. I see people walking the streets in them all the time, and the near consensus around campus before the game was that they were butt ugly. Stupid alternate jerseys are a cash crop, and the only thing that's going to stop them is fan outrage.

All that being said, I do wonder what the Jets are waiting for to trot out the 80s unis. I use them almost every time I play Madden, and honestly, that's a good lookin uniform, I'd buy one of those and wear it every game day. Honestly, when Rex took over the team and talked about changing the culture, I was expecting them to become our standard every week uniforms. I'd settle for two or three games a year.

7. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

No it isn't. The Bengals uniform now is great. This new one is like a camouflage you would see in a gay pride parade.

8. JetsYankeesThrylos

I'm assuming they'll come up with designs for the teams, different home and aways and alternates etc. and teams will take them or they wont and then Nike will design ones that almost exact to the originals with some tweeks for teams that want to stay with their originals.

9. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

looks like something from the XFL...take the tradition out of the jerseys and franchise will ya.

Id rather just see the Titans jersey...They are making this too cartoony

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Wow Nike you suck

I love how the Browns uniform is unchanged.

There are maybe 3 or 4 that would work as an alternate. The rest are complete shit. Is this really where the NFL is headed.

11. JetsYankeesThrylos

They're fake, fan made using the nike combat uni template.

12. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

That shits fugly.

Looks like a rejected superhero costume

13. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

The maker does not Design the uniforms.

They MANUFACTURE them.

14. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

Reminds me of arena football, or american gladiators, or wrestling. Would be a cool uni for Flash in the remake.

15. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

They actually just featured this on PTI on ESPN sayin that it was completely false or Nike may have done this intentionally to get public reaction.They also discussed if it were true havin teams wear these a couple times during a season as a throw forward day like throwbacks since these uni's look like they are from 2080.Still not in favor of ever seein these.

16. Jedabe

Jedabe Active Member

these look gawdy and just downright awful, good thing theyre def not the final version

17. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

No shit. I go to Virginia Tech too. Where do you watch the games?

18. perfectpackage99

surprinsingly doens't look too bad

19. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

Although the changes won't be radical, I do believe that some teams will use the switching of manufacturers as an excuse to change their look. It is all about the $$$. Jersey sales will hit the roof.

20. sbx213

sbx213 New Member

pats unis look stupid. This isn't team usa.