New Helmet Concept

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Feb 18, 2015.

1. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Simple...yet....simple

2. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

When we were kids--me and my brothers all got those youth NFL uniforms that included pants, shoulder pads, jersey and helmet. Early 70s I think.

I got the Namath version (green jersey) and the helmet looked a lot nicer than that one--but my older brother got the Giant one and it looked almost similar to that one. His son still has it and brings it to games.

My one younger brother got the Vikings and my other younger brother got the Redskins.

We'd all go get in uniform and play tackle football in the snow when you could barely hurt each other.

Good memories.

_

Good memories.

alleycat9 and NY Jets68 like this.
  3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

why not? black and green is pretty cool; have them as alternative unis. Black Pants, Black Jersey w/ Green numbers outlined in white; Green Helmets

4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Why not? Because green and white are the colors of the Jets. Not black, red, blue, gold, silver, teal, bronze or puce.

5. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

I like our current logo. Primarily, I like it's simplicity but at the same time I wish it had a bit more action going on in it rather than just simply the words "Jets".

I wouldn't mind a small tweak in the logo to reflect NY or a flying Jet. However, I won't be too terribly disappointed if it remains the same for the next 50 years.

6. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

I like this one, it reminds me of Woody's dome....now affix some glasses on the front instead of a visor....

RexontheBeach likes this.
  7. 101GangGreen101

Yeah because I said I was eliminating green/ white completely from the uniforms right?

Technically, the jerseys from 1990-1997 had some black on them anyway, so are you saying that color has never been used in Jets history? I would love a change and bring in black / green and white unis.

8. JStokes

This.

_

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

black and green look horrendous together. They don't belong together. In the 90s when they added black to those awesome 80's jerseys that was a step in the WRONG direction, just like most if not all of their decisions in that time period.

the jerseys they have now are classics, black would be trash IMO

10. Jetsruby

I will say this. I'm still waiting for the Kelly Green Jets as throwback uniforms. This needs to happen sooner or later.

11. JStokes

And this.

_

12. 101GangGreen101

we've been pretty bad regardless of the jersey - I think they could make it work. Depends what type of green you are using also. Green, Black, and White can compliment each other - you just don't have any style :p

13. max

max Active Member

I agree on the black.

I think black jersey's with green pants could be cool. Black is just badass in general.

Something like they've worn in practice. Simple, yet different.

[​IMG]

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  14. Jetsruby

no way. All black jerseys? That's basically a raiders uni.

NY Jets68 likes this.
  15. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

I'd like the Jets to do an 80's throwback, they could easily get away with it since the helmets are white anyway, and they can just put on 80's style decals. If they do a uniform makeover, I don't want something with a million little bullshit marks on it like Seattle, I'd want something with a brighter green but relatively simple. Maybe add some black to it, but absolutely not primarily black.

16. Pocket Jet

Pocket Jet Well-Known Member

I am a die hard traditionalist. I want to keep what we have.

17. CalgaryJet

CalgaryJet Member

I know this doesn't apply too much to this thread, but this reminded me of something I have been wondering for a long time... What is with the football under the JETS? Does anyone know what it is supposed to be?
    [​IMG]

18. mute

mute Well-Known Member

So we can slowdown even more during hot and humid games.

19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

UGH! Please, no black. It is so lame imo for all these teams to be adding black to their colors to try to make themselves look tougher and meaner. It's a joke. The Jets colors are green and white. Period. We don't need an accent color, unless it's the other team's blood on our unis. LOL

When the Jets used to be so awful, I used to comment on the Jets site where I was posting at the time that the HC ought to change the color of at least the practice unis to pink and white if the team was going to play like a bunch of pansies.

Ralebird likes this.
  20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It's not badass imo, but rather lame, and doesn't even look good together. It's a joke with all the NFL and college teams adding black to try to make themselves look badder. It's just stupid imo. The team's play should speak for itself. No uniform color is going to make them play better. If you're going to add black when they play well, then perhaps we should add pink or lavender or peach when they play like scrubs and pansies.