New Helmet Concept

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Feb 18, 2015.

1. geomon

geomon Well-Known Member

I've never liked any of these concepts that people keep coming up with. They all try to make it flashier or busier and just adding unnecessary crap to it. Beauty is in the simplicity of the design.

2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i am a guy who loves tradition and traditional looks, i am a notre dame fan and absolutely LOVE the simplicity of their uniforms. they stand out as does a uni like penn state, its clean and strong.

however the jets unis while they were great the first 10 years of them i am pretty much bored of them and think they are tired and old looking. now i dont want a redesign that is flashy or absurd looking and i am almost going to guarantee i will be absolutely in hate with any redesign they ever end up doing. BUT i think it makes sense to revisit every now and again if you dont have one of the few really amazing traditional uniforms.

that said there might be a couple in that group of 32 that are ok, but most of them are just big dumb paint jobs with extra large decals. and anything with fading colors into each other is not football and should not be considered, ever.

3. alleycat9

ps, i LOVE the 80s logo, as much as it needed to change after the calamity that was the early 90s i really would love to see it come back in some form.

4. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I shudder to think what a redesign of the unis would look like. I love the unis now (except for green/green). I hated the 80's/early 90's ones. Just boring with our name written on the helmet plus the little plane swoosh.

If they ever redesign them, I'd like to see an actual fighter jet implemented. Nothing about the unis symbolizes actual jet planes.

5. JoeyStylez

JoeyStylez Banned

I don't what anyone says, that Fins helmet is bad-ass. I love most of these futuristic helmets, and would love to see them as alternate helmets (and BTW I love the Jets one.)

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

wouldn't that helmet be better w. the colors reversed?

sackexchange likes this.
  7. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

The 80's/90's uniforms/helmets bring back such horrible memories that they should never be brought back. Keep the jerseys and helmet as is. It gives this franchise an identity.

LWC611 likes this.
  8. nyjunc

I agree about the 90s w/ the black added but the 80s uni's bring back great memories for me. That is when I first started watching and we did make 4 postseasons in 6 years.

alleycat9 likes this.
  9. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

The uniform changes that have been coming out since Nike took of the apparel deal have been AWFUL! I would be so pissed if they did a redesign. I like our current uniforms and don't want to see any changes... especially anything resembling anything Nike has been coming out with recently.

alleycat9 and BacktoQueens like this.
  10. nyjunc

the good news is Nike may not be around much longer: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...nfl-college-football-uniforms-peril-uni-watch

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

12. nyjunc

that was the way it used to be before the Reebok deal in 2001. I remember we had champion then starter then Nike in the 90s. I just hate the Nike ones now, the jerseys look awful.

alleycat9 likes this.
  13. alleycat9

i agree, the nike jerseys in general look terrible, the whole different patches stuff and especially the stupid looking neck lines.

i also cant stand any of the unis that have come out recently. maybe other than buffalo, and i am jsut about positive that i will be disgusted if they douche up our uniforms, im just saying it would be nice to see some new ideas for our unis as they are kind of bland and not really traditional. just bland.

it would be great if they came up with 4 ideas and let the fanbases vote on it. or the season ticket holders or something. but that wont happen and it porbably shouldnt as those voting would be idiots about it.

14. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I don't see where the company makes much difference. Design choices are the option of the teams. No one is forcing any team to accept nasty looking uniforms. let's face it, the Jets could have Ralph Lauren do the design and still have Nike make them.

15. nyjunc

Some teams chose to keep old style, most of the league when w/ the new style of jersey w/ the weird collar and off color sweatbox. I don't understand it, it looks awful. I don't think other companies have the same design of the jerseys.

alleycat9 likes this.
  16. RexontheBeach

RexontheBeach Well-Known Member

The color scheme on some of these helmets is ass backwards. Specifically the Vikings, Colts, and Chiefs.

alleycat9 likes this.
  17. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Yeah Besides the random color mess-ups, almost all of them are lightyears better than the actual helmets in the NFL. Some people hate change though, so I get all the hate.

18. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

Make the helmet all white and put on a black facemask.

19. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

how people defend our current uniforms is beyond me they are really bad....it is a new era in Jets history the uniform should reflect that

MJK and mezzavo like this.
  20. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member