New Buffalo Bills HC - Rex Ryan (per Schefter)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by scott dierking II, Jan 11, 2015.

1. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Their running game is no where near as good as our running game was in 2009 and 2010. Also, he has no QB.

It would be more wise to note that Rex has "exactly what he needs in Buffalo" to be as mediocre as he was through six seasons overall with the Jets. (Again, the mistake you Rex fanboys make is that you let your admiration for his success in 2009 and 2010 cloud your assessment of his overall body of work).

#121 slimjasi, Jan 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
  2. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

All buffalo needs is a QB and they instantly challenge the patriots for the East. That defense is stacked... Offense skill positions stacked... Don't be surprised if they give up the house a la the Redskins to get into the first round and grab a QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. geomon

geomon Well-Known Member

Nice lateral move. Things must've gone really bad in Atlanta.

And just like the Redskins, it'll blow up in their face.

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

The bills have no where near the offensive line the 09 and 10 jets had. That's what gave us a dominant running game ... not rah rah rex speeches.

Red Menace likes this.
  5. Umphpool

Umphpool Well-Known Member

Rex Ryan has signed a 5 Year contract with the Bills. My worst dream has come true again.... (Revis to Pats was my 1st)

legler82 likes this.
  6. slimjasi

If they bring in Sanchez, Rex will be out of coaching in a few years, barring a 2000 Ravens type of defensive effort.. They need to find a quarterback. Again, they already had a really good defense . . . their weakness this year was a mediocre offense (The same issue the Jets have had for the last 6 years)

7. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

They don't have much of a house to give up

stinkyB likes this.
  8. Jay Bizniss

They still have picks in future years.

9. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

It's going to be interesting to see how Ryan's brand of coaching affects a D that was already pretty good, from a strictly anthropological standpoint anyway. This move is "SO" Rex Ryan its not funny. The guy loves to get players that beat his ass or were with him on his old team. Since the Bills beat the shit out of him last year he went on and took the entire team. Next up, he'll get Kendrick Ellis, David Harris and whoever else to jump ship and start over whoever their starters currently are.

NotSatoshiNakamoto and slimjasi like this.
  10. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Was thinking the same thing. Its similar to his love for Santonio Holmes

11. slimjasi

You aren't moving into the top five of the NFL draft with "picks in future years."

12. ultrajet

ultrajet Active Member

Good...maybe he'll take them to Dave and Buster's the night before the next Jets matchup. Makes no sense. Good D team but no QB. I hope this puts the pressure on the Jets to get Quinn.

13. ROO

ROO New Member

He came to NY under similar circumstances!

Since 2009 the QB situation declined (started out good, but he had an OL that was in place), the DL was the best in the league and that declined over his time with NYJ, the OL declined over his time with NYJ. RR is the guy you wanna hang with at the bar, not a "wining coach" in the NFL. There you go.

3 years and he will not only be out of Buffalo, but probably out of the NFL or at best, a watered down responsibility at some other team. Time stamp this post, you'll see. I really don't know why everyone seems to think this guy is even a premier DC. His resume has holes all through it for the last 5yrs.

egbert souse and Pocket Jet like this.
  14. Pocket Jet

Pocket Jet Well-Known Member

Oh yes, another example of how stubborn and foolish he is.

I am only sorry he didn't go to another division. I really don't wish to read and/or watch the drama that he now creates twice a year.

15. BigGreenUgly

BigGreenUgly Well-Known Member

Bills fans aren't very happy ....but their media seems very happy...talking how they're getting Greg roman as OC and maybe Revis in the offseason

16. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I think they should sign a guy like Hoyer to run the offense. Either that or they feel that EJ Manuel could run the offense in a unspectacular manner.

17. Jay Bizniss

Yall over here talking like they didn't wreck us twice this year... Get your rose colored glasses off and look at the reality of the situation... The AFC East just got that much harder.. This guy has a secondary now.

18. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

I'd be very surprised if Revis and Harris didn't wind up in Buffalo.

19. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Mo, put down the bong and step away from the ledge, You are so biased towards Rex that your arguments are not based on facts.

The Jets had a better running game, the jets were 3 overall and the bills were 25.

The Jets defense was 4 overall and the Bills were 18 overall

The only categories that they were better than the jets was pass defense, they were 3 the jets were 14. And pass offense, the bills were 18th and the jets were 32.

Last years issues with the jets actually fell on the coaching, and particularly the terrible QB play from Geno.

If the jets had a better coach and better QB play we would not have to talk you off the ledge.

Rex has moved on, can we move on?

20. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

And thats what we are sad about? Sounds like he needs to change is philosophy, and work to fix the offense. Im glad he got another job. Be good to see him stick it to Belicheck twice a year. Im sure the team will be loose and undisciplined. Does he have to take over a Super Bowl winner to be successful, if so he will be on TV faster then we thought.

A good coach can build a winner, through his hard work, discipline, vision and methods. This is his time to prove himself as a franchise builder, and good coach. I wish him luck, except for 2 times a year.

They were already better then us. He has to take a .500 team that hasn't been to the playoffs in 15+ years. Its a monumental task.
    Would it be better to have a loosing record with Rex for the next 5 years? Or try someone new? If Quinn is our guy, I think we will just be fine.