New Buffalo Bills HC - Rex Ryan (per Schefter)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by scott dierking II, Jan 11, 2015.

1. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Let them take Sanchez. He's good for about 2 picks per game.

2. 2insane

2insane Well-Known Member

He got two right out of how many

freemantoon likes this.
  3. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Kyle Wilson was a Rex Ryan pick(And again I want to say no one person solely picks a player, there is tons of documentations and scouting reports on said player) or are we just bringing up good things about Rex?

4. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

ugghhh.....I have to sign off....this is 100% the absolute worst scenario, as far as I am concerned, for the NY Jets. Woody...you are SUCH a fuckin' jack ass...

legler82 likes this.
  5. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Well the Bills will be good, but unless they find a veteran QB, they aren't going to be great. We saw it with the Jets, the offense is Rex's problem, and on top of that, the RZ offense. They need to find a QB and an OC who then don't let Rex influence them.

Or Rex learns, which will be tougher since he doesn't have an established offense in BUF to learn from.

It's not a good or bad thing for the Jets. What decides that is who the QB is for BUF, not who is coaching them. Their defense will get better, although they were already great. If Rex coaches BUF like did NYJ this year, their ST and offense will get worse. We will see.

The QB is going to drive the teams short term and long term success

mezzavo likes this.
  6. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

That tells you something. That job was the one that made most sense for both parties. Rex could have quickly elevated that D and with the offense intact, and playing in the weak NFC South, Atlanta would have been immediate contenders. But they passed on him because he is not a very good Head Coach and isn't a long term answer.

The Buffalo job is a bad fit for him, and the Bills. Ryan shows no capability to stabilize and improve an offense and that is what the Bills need most. That doesnt mean he wont be amped up to beat the Jets twice next year, and he likely will in 2015. But going forward the Bills will become like the 2014 Jets, soft and undisciplined, with an aging roster and no fire. They made a bad decision.

7. mezzavo

I'll give you Kyle Wilson...on the outside...then again, Kyle Wilson, whether anyone wants to admit it or not, was a top 10 slot corner. As long as he didn't have to play outside he was pretty damn good....soooooo....there ya go. Listen, I'm not going to go blow by blow about draft picks. The point was the Jets, typically, draft like shit....long before Ryan ever got there. It's why we have sucked for decades....I was only making a point of refute about people comparing the fact the Bills don't have a 1st round pick....soooo...blaahhh....

8. BigGreenUgly

BigGreenUgly Well-Known Member

So a 9-7 team with a more talented defense and offense is a worse situation than the 4-12 no weapons no secondary Jets?

Their offense will get worse than 28th? Because it was already worse than the Jets.

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

How do we know Atlanta was really looking at him?

My fear is that they're looking at Quinn like everybody else and we're going to get jobbed at the last minute when he uses the Jets to leverage a better offer out of them.

10. mezzavo

Yes, you are 100% correct. I just have more faith in Ryan that, on a different team, it gets handled 100% better than our Jets would ever handle a situation...sorry...just jaded. :)

11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Rex's first presser and I quote " I can tell you this , I did not come here to kiss Quinn's rings "

Poeman likes this.
  12. Br4d

Buffalo physco has storkes not strokes.

milo and Snatch Catch like this.
  13. displacedfan

He needs to get the right OC there and let him take control. Then he can have success. Or he puts more work into the offensive side of the ball. Which is why I thought Atlanta was the top fit for him followed by Chicago.

Now I'm not so certain Rex will be as successful as he could have been

14. Br4d

He wants Belichik and Brady bad. He wants to be the guy that took them down.

15. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

Trestman couldn't even make cutler better he's going to make Manuel come on

16. displacedfan

Not even Brady, Bill. He wants to outcoach Bill and do it his way. Not by shutting up and acting like Bill. Gotta love that, it's why fans, like myself, still like Rex even after 4 years of no playoff football and miserable offenses

17. Br4d

The Bills have never been as high on my hate list as they should have been and it just got harder to bump them up the ladder. Rex had to go but it is sad that's where he landed.

18. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I think rex has larger goals than being a troll to the jets but those games will definately be fun. Same as bills-pats game.

And when mangini join Pioli in Miami those games will be fun to.

The afc east is a circus.

legler82 likes this.
  19. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Another ghost from seasons' past that will haunt us in future seasons.

20. 2insane

2insane Well-Known Member

He is obsessed with like that Adam Sandler movie