New Buffalo Bills HC - Rex Ryan (per Schefter)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by scott dierking II, Jan 11, 2015.

1. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

i think rex let his obsession with beating NE and the chance at the jets twice a yr cloud his judgment

he is in a worse situation then he was with the jets

no qb and no chance to fix that anytime soon

2. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Said no 49er fan ever

3. Truth4U2

Truth4U2 Well-Known Member

Why does everyone think EJ Manuel is so bad? I think he's a promising young QB with a couple nice weapons in Sammy Watkins and Robert Woods. With Greg Roman, Buffalo's offense might be as good as the Niners O with Kaepernick and Roman. Manuel is a poor man's Kaepernick. And that D will be beastly with Rex, we know that .... looks like the best we can hope for next year (and maybe the foreseeable future) is 3rd place in our division. :(

The Bills getting Rex is terrible news for us!!!

4. Truth4U2

Said no fans maybe, but Roman was considered a hot head coaching candidate a while back because he was considered such a good OC. That's what NFL insiders thought, but if you want to go with what some fans thought well then that's your choice...

5. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Do you not realize the 49ers offense was bad this year with more weapons then the Jets had?

6. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Maybe. He's probably more likely to be liked by the players than Marrone, but Rex's biggest question mark has always been his ability to contribute to the offense and the QB.

The Bills already had what was arguably a top-five defense in just their first year under Jim Schwartz as DC. With the hire of Rex, I feel like they should have at least went for a better option at OC than Roman, who wasn't doing so great in San Fran and is coming off of perhaps his worst year there.

But these are all just reactions... We'll get answers in the next couple years

7. NYCBillsFan

NYCBillsFan Well-Known Member

Yeah, a couple...... LINK

8. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I have a lot of friends who are Bills fans who have been chirping me for years about Rex so they will all be getting texts shortly.

Honestly I think this is kind of a lateral move for Rex. Buffalo is in the same division and has very similar strengths (defence) and weaknesses (QB) that the Jets have. They have somewhat better talent than we do right now but they also have no first round pick and we have a huge pile of cap space. I'm no more afraid of the Bills today than I was yesterday, maybe I'm wrong to feel that way but that's the truth. If anything we're going to have a lot more insight to how he's going to run his team then he will how we're going to run our team as we're going to have a new head coach and new OC.

9. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Bills @ Jets for a 2nd half TNF game seems to make sense if they go the divisional route.

10. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Regardless though, he did a poor job overall. I would not take him.

11. WinWin

WinWin New Member

Actually the Bills situation is light years better then the Jets.

Better defense, Run game, better WRs, better GM, better owner.

12. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

You feel betrayed? Are you shitting me? Really?? Rex Ryan went to the Buffalo Bills because he felt betrayed...he went to the Bills so he could, on purpose, kick the NY Jets ass 2 x EVERY SINGLE YEAR. I honestly believe that even if Atlanta had offered him the job...49'ers...the minute the Bills offered him the gig it was a done deal. In recent memory I can think of no other coach that got his child hood dream as much as this guy did and it was taken from him by circumstances beyond his control...and our dubious owner let it happen.

He feels like Idzik hung him out to dry last year...and he did...and Woody let it happen. And then Rex was punished for it by being fired. You all can laugh, call me a Rex homer etc...etc... but at the end of the day the man is still a human being...and there is no more powerful motivation on the planet than revenge. Yes, he has his flaws...but he is by far and away the best FOOTBALL coach the Jets have EVER had and, arguably, the best available on the unemployment line this year. Yet we, in our oh so typical Jets fashion, fired the guy etc...etc...etc... 95% of the rest of the free speaking football world agrees with what I just said...but you can't tell that to a certain faction of Jets fan. NO ONE could have won this past year with the talent level we had and the human turnover machine under center. Forget it...I could go on and on and on but it has all been argued ad nausea. We might as well get used to the fact that this guy is now going to spend every waking moment trying to embarrass the NY Jets every chance he gets. Oh, and people who want to try and "rationalize" he went to a worse or parallel situation are kidding themselves. The bills are far and away more stacked across the board. If he is able to pull in Trestman and, somehow, pull in a mediocre to average QB...yeah...let the beatings commence. Hell...they beat the hell out of us with a aging, average journeyman QB. It's been argued that Manuel's regression was as much on Marrone as anyone and with Trestman who knows how well he could do.

I don't like this at all. Go ahead...laugh at me but you know I'm right. Woody DID betray him in a way. He saddled him with a shitty GM who then, in turn, hung him out to dry this past year and then fired him for his trouble. Once I get over how ANGRY I am then I'm going sit back and laugh my ass off...I can just picture our "Cecil Turtle" looking owner in his office with his head in his hands right about now. :confused::D

legler82 and Truth4U2 like this.
  13. Truth4U2

Maybe that's because Kaepernick has regressed? I heard he had a terrible year. OK so maybe Roman isn't the best OC out there, but he's GOT to be better than Morningweg! And Roman was considered an innovative OC when he designed the read option and Kap was beating top teams in the playoffs with it. There was some talk about Roman getting a HC job after they went to the SB that year, I remember that...

14. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

you have got to be kidding, Rex the best coach EVER !!!! Sounds like you need to switch teams so you can go be with your beloved savior

15. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

LOL. Time will tell my friend. I predict he'll have the same success in Buffalo as he did here. He'll win a couple of seasons, then mail it in 8 games a year.

16. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Speaking of Kaepernick, I have heard that the 49ers would look to see if they could remove Kaepernick largely due to his contract.

I wonder if Roman going to the Bills leads to Kaepernick getting traded there.

17. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

You're missing the most important position in the NFL in that list. And then you are also missing the main way to get that type of player at that position.

QB and a 1st rounder. This feels similar to when Rex joined us in 2009. Talented defense, offense that can be molded to his choosing... so ground and pound unless he has a revelation

18. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

He also has Sammy Watkins who he loved in Clemson.

But he still has teams play way too undisciplined, they might lose Schwartz who did good things in Buffalo, lousy time management, if guys like Kyle Wilson were his and others doing(Would love to see Kyle Wilson in Buffalo) then there are questions about him finding talent in the draft.

There are flaws with Rex. He's a good motivator and great defensive gamecaller but stuff like too many men on the field, inability to make big plays on the defensive side of the ball and lack of offensive awareness carries some serious questions about Ryan moving forward.

19. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

There's tons of people who think it's a terrible hire. I saw tom Jackson this morning say it makes no sense, I saw Ditka say the same thing and there's tons more. What the fuxk are you talking about?

20. freemantoon

freemantoon Active Member

not much of an upgrade cause he's not that good of a hc.