Need a Real Playmaker on Offense

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by azhar80, Dec 18, 2018.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

10 times harder? So it’s like baseball?

2. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

I would normally not be in favor of signing a 30 year old RB, but the Jets need playmakers on offense and since LeVeon Bell is going to be a FA, we need to go ahead and bring him in

3. FJF

He’s 26

azhar80 and grkmanga31 like this.
  4. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

So he's 260 in baseball years. :p

5. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Bingo.

We are better off just paying Bell, or waiting to see what happens with Hunt and throw him $.

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Maybe you're right. I certainly hadn't heard before that Adderall was being abused by athletes or that it makes them more aggressive, feel less pain or provides a sense of Euphoria. I do remember reading earlier this year about several NFL players who had been suspended when they had legitimate Dr. prescriptions for the Adderall. Now maybe they were abusing it and lying about it. I know that I have had several students with severe ADD/ADHD and needed Adderall or similar medication to be able to focus longer than 30 seconds. I have a great nephew that struggles mightily with ADD/ADHD. He's a great kid, smart, and anything but aggressive. Even with Adderall, he struggles. If it wasn't for Adderall, he'd probably flunk out of school.

7. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Let's not ignore the defense.

We should reach out the Rams about Aaron Donald.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  8. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

Well this is exactly how I thought it would play out. You aim for a 100 and end up with 90. So they decide on Kamara, we pay Ingram. Again GMs job is tricky, with different angles to play. L. Bell is th obvious way to go with our Salary cap situation.

I want to get a solid RB and still have $$ for Oline, and a Pass Rusher if they are available. We are not in a situation where we need to upgrade one dept, we need to upgrade a few places.

Of course, no team is going to give up their young back with years of low salary. However make them make a decision on a reliable Solid back as in Ingram or a younger solid back in Kamara.

Again this was a suggestion. I didnt say let's call the Packers for Rodgers and Giants for Barkley and Beckham. Never hurts to check with teams about certain players. I see my Jet fans like to wait to hear from ESPN and the "experts"to see who is available lol. The same experts who predicted the Jets would win no more than a game last yr

Btw...I wouldn't be surprised if Antonio Brown gets tired of Steelers and wants out... Ofcourse Jets and the fans would go after him like Plax, and Holmes. I wouldn't advise it, even though he is a top 3 WR. Why?

Your leader is young in Sam D, get him the right guys with the right personality. If you dont it can disrupt his growth. Let's see what happens in the off season.

9. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Free agent running back LeVeon Bell would like to have a word with you. There is a very good chance he's in Jets green next year (or black if we somehow f up our uniforms).

azhar80 likes this.
  10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

WE wouldn't be making the Saints make a decision. Ingram is slated to be a FA, and they have several good RBs.

I would be shocked if Bell decided to sign with us. I hope that he doesn't. I'm not sure that we can even afford him even with $106 million in cap space. The Jets only have 29 players under contract, and they're not going to be able to sign 24 FAs.. They need to sign their own, and then seek to sign some FAs to address needs on the OL, WR, RB, CB, and probably TE. I don't want Bell regardless, but even if I did, I think we'd be better off signing an OL or two, two WRs, a TE, a CB and RB (Ingram) in FA than we would signing Bell and maybe only another FA or two.

#30 NCJetsfan, Dec 19, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
    azhar80, Leicester Jet and TonyFtLaud like this.
  11. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

The same experts who actually knew that Ingram was going to be a Free agent? Who know the trade deadline has passed so the Jets can't make a trade for Ingram as you suggested?
    Those Jets fans who pointed out the flaws in your thinking.
    Now you say Bell, who wants to be paid more than Brown, who has had multiple injuries and suspensions, is a locker room cancer who has a history of fighting with his coaches and QB is the way to go and Brown, arguably the best WR in the game would be bad for Darnold?

azhar80 likes this.
  12. Rollo Tomassi

So you "exactly" thought that we could force the Saints into a decision to keep Kamara, one of the best most dynamic young RBs in the game under an inexpensive contract for the next two years because we might sign a free agent running back in the offseason?

And you decided to make a thread about it?

Well done.

TonyFtLaud and Cody Hummel like this.
  13. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I think, at this point, we have to pay him.

JetsNation06 and NYJFOREVER like this.
  14. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

And in other breaking news...

But I guess I can forgive the OP for being Captain Obvious when the entire Jets organization has ignored the importance of offense, and skill position players in particular, for decades. Sometimes it seems like the Jets "strategy" was to always kick or punt the ball away so that they could the "real football team", the defense, back on the field. If the "D" could just hold the other team to a FG or two, and return a pick or fumble for a TD, then victory was assured.

I'm still waiting for proof that they even know what offense is.

JetsNation06 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  15. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Jets are in a strange spot. Most of the OL and WR’s are free agents.

Whether we want to or not (and I think we do) we could see an entirely new offense from personnel to scheme next season.

16. grkmanga31

My bad, had AJ Green on my mind!

Who I also kinda want to acquire, but not for a first round pick.

Jets need playmakers, need a rb 1 and WR 1

17. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

AJ, when healthy, may be the most talented receiver in the league. Guy just can't stay healthy.

Would still love him though.

K'OB and grkmanga31 like this.
  18. grkmanga31

Yep, what would you give up to get him?

19. FJF

Not much. He doesn’t play enough to warrant what the bengals would want.

20. Rollo Tomassi

The dude is always hurt. A shame, he's so good.