NCAA Football 11

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Mr Electric, Jul 12, 2010.

1. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

I mean offensively yeah formations is the way to go, but I was referring to defensive play calling

2. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Formations are what you want to use most of the time.

3. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Ugh. I started a Dynasty with Michigan, and I destroy weak teams but get absolutely embarassed by the good ones. Any tips?

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I'm going to have to take your word for it, my birthday is tomorrow so right after work i'll be stopping by and getting this game

So close to the end of RDR though :mad:

I would love to start a dynasty with a small time school, I loved playing dynasty modes with the recruiting tools and everything, very time consuming

5. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Are you turning the ball over a lot?

6. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I started a dynasty with New Mexico State and realigned the conferences before I started.

I moved the better WAC teams like Boise, Fresno, and Nevada into the MWC and moved small weaker west coast schools into the WAC.

It's been really fun so far. Recruiting is hard as hell because I have the recruiting difficulty on Heisman - I'm in week seven and only have a few two star recruits.

There's a few little bugs in the gameplay that I see here and there, but overall, it's a really good game - especially for those who like Dynasty Mode.

7. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

I tried to move SJSU into the PAC-10 and was constantly losing no matter how good I played...

8. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Moving out of your conference at the beginning of a dynasty is so damn hard.

I like to stay put for a while, and then after year three or four, my team usually gets invited to a BCS conference.

9. Jam.

Jam. Banned

Just so you guys know, you don't have to move your favorite team into a certain conference if you wish to play there. Your team can get a conference invite to join certain conference. In my FIU dynasty was invited to the C-USA after my first season after a 6-6 record (which I didn't really find fair, but whatever.)

10. Jam.

Jam. Banned

Looks like Mr.E and I were basically posting the same thing at the same time, lol...

11. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

All the damn time. Like I'll be up 10-0, then throw 2 interceptions and fumble the ball away twice. It's way too easy to turn the ball over in this game.

12. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

The fumbling can get a little frustrating, but interception totals can definitely be cut down.

I run a pro-style offense with NMSU and I try to run the ball as much as possible. It sets up the play-action pass and it also wears the defense down.

Hitch routes and slants are very high percentage passes IF the receiver has separation.

You have to read the coverage before you let the ball go.

Never, ever throw the ball across your quarterback's body. Use the pocket and take sacks instead of forcing throws. Always know who your check down option is.

Before games, use practice mode and work on timing. Getting used to precision passing is also a must - you can put the ball wherever you want if you understand how to use it.

#92 Mr Electric, Jul 21, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  13. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

What difficulty are you playing on and what difficulty are you using when recruiting?

14. Jam.

Jam. Banned

Well that was actually NCAA 10 on Heisman, I think. I have yet to start my dynasty yet unfortunately.

15. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Damn - I want to hear some other thoughts on Dynasty CPU difficulty and recruiting level difficulty.

I'm playing on AA right now, because Heisman finds incredibly ridiculous ways to score. The developers even said AA is designed to be the most realistic.

I'm still having a problem with that though. I lost 14-13 to Wyoming in the opener and then blew out the much better Colorado State 42-10 the next week. It felt like a completely different game.

Hopefully some good sliders will come out soon.

16. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I'm playing Dynasty on AA, too. I just got done recruiting for the 2011 season, and got about 4 5-star recruits, 4 four-star recruits, and a bunch of three-stars. I had to do a done of recruiting to get them, and made a lot of promises I don't think I can keep. All in all, it was pretty fun.

17. Jam.

Jam. Banned

I'm gonna start a dynasty soon...I'm just having some troubles picking a team. I'll definitely let you know how it goes about the difficulties, probably AA game difficulty and Heisman recruiting difficulty

18. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I wish I could get a couple of highly ranked recruits.

As a 1-star prestige school, I'll have to complete multiple coaching goals to get decent prestige. It's a hell of a challenge though.

It's going to take at least three seasons with at least one conference championship for me to land a consistent amount of four stars. It'll be a miracle if I land a five star still playing in the WAC.

Right now, I have a few commits from some two star recruits and I'm in the running for a couple three star linebackers. It'd be nice to rebuild my front seven as early as possible. Hopefully I'll be able to land a decent linebacker to build around.

New Mexico State has straight C's across the board except for early playing time - that's really the only thing I have going for me.

19. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

Just to clarify guys, you can set a certain difficulty level for recruiting? I didn't get '10 and have '09 for PS2, so I'm not too familiar with the next gen NCAAs.

A friend of mine said he was getting hammered recruiting in '11 even with Miami, but he usually plays on Heisman so he might have his recruiting diff. up there too (if there is such a thing)?

20. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

Ah recruiting in this game is such a pain in the ass. I wanted to try the new recruiting system on Varsity just so I could figure out what the fuck is going on, its awful. I'm not sure the point system has any impact, for instance I was recruiting a player who had GT as his top school, I had an A in almost every category against GT's B+. At the time he had GT with a decent lead, I spent the whole call comparing GT to LSU and GT was loosing points I was gaining, one week latter the standings are exactly the same

Also I don't like that they lump athletes in with position players when your recruiting, but when your making calls the athletes are separate. I forget what I'm recruiting the athletes for, which is annoying

Any advice as far as recruiting goes?