NCAA Football 11

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Mr Electric, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

This game is the best since NCAA 2006 for PS2. I've hated all of the next gen college football games, but they've finally done it right.

2. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Formation subs are in the game.

Basically, both sticks are used when controlling the player. It's going to take me a while to get used to the new controls.

3. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Gameplay is pretty sweet. Im not impressed though. Who fucking fumbles 8 times a game? It's not like it was only my guy, it was both of our RBs. Also, my game never disconnects, but somehow it does when I'm driving in the 4th with under 1:00 to play.

Yea, EA. Suck my nads. This is pretty lame...

4. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

#44 Mr Electric, Jul 14, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
  5. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Yea, that was a priceless fumble. Sorry man.

Ok, so played my 2nd game, and there was only 1 fumble (options not included) but I did have some sort of glitch on a PA Screen play that I picked. I snapped the ball, and Luck just dropped back with his hand out like he was performing the PA and he just continued to hold the ball out and ran backwards 30 yards until he was sacked.

Kinda bullshit.

Still won the game 31-7. I think my next play was a 50 yard bomb on 3rd and 34.

6. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

That's a major glitch that's been reported - PA Screen out of an ACE formation (I think)

They're patching it now.

#46 Mr Electric, Jul 14, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
  7. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

...spoke too soon about the disconnects. I was winning in the fourth and I receive the "Your connection with your opponent has been lost" message, so I quit and count the game after it tells me I'll still receive a win and partial stats...I look at my record and I have a DNF% now, a loss, and I didn't get the win?

I also won two other games this morning and neither had been recorded as of yet.

EA's servers suck

8. Jam.

Jam. Banned

Check your PMs

9. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

from what i have seen any play action screen is affected by that glitch. like Mr. E said it is being patched but for now the fix is to tap a or i guess x on the ps3 and it should cancel the broken animation.

10. Tight

Tight Active Member

Love the game.. I like Boise right now.. I'm still trying to get use to playing safety. I like that you can lock on a player on d that's fucking huge. For a guy like me.

Secondly mr e when did the tar heels become so good I always thought they sucked in football..

11. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

Butch Davis.

12. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

I got this game, very impressive. I just started the "make your own prospect" thing (why am I blanking out I just turned it off 10 minutes ago). I cant really compare to any recent ones because the last one I had was 08.

I also am running the LSU dynasty mode. The new recruiting is cool, but I'm a little confused if you still can recruit during the offseason. Also in the game Russell Sheppard is so nice. He is so fast, and hes third on the depth chart and he just runs past any nickle or dime guy the other team throws at him. So nice

13. Tight

Tight Active Member

Having trouble on D right now.. recovered one fumble out of 20 so far.. sucks

14. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

same. i over pursue like crazy. it is nice the positioning actually means something now, but its gonna take awhile to get the hang of.

15. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Named rosters are out for PS3...

gamingtailgate is the gamertag needed in EA Locker

Names are the only thing that are edited - I plan on making a few adjustments to a lot of the rosters. When I finish, I'll let you know.

My gamertag is PAPER_R1VAL

16. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

Does anyone have PS3 and downloaded it from PSN??

17. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Is it possible to set up the screen without getting your QB absolutely pulverized?

Two things about the OL:

Pro: Linemen aren't as prone to stacking a single defender and won't go off to block some random guy on the opposite side of the field, anymore.
    Con: Linemen still have a sort of "tunnel vision" which makes it difficult to pick up a defender not assigned to a certain blocker.

I'm most impressed by how well linemen block linebackers and safeties down field. This makes it much easier (yet not too easy) to break large runs.

EDIT: After further observations, I have to say that blockers actually do a pretty damn good job of moving from block to block.

#57 Vorrecht, Jul 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2010
  18. jgangstahippie7:18

360 Rosters
    FAIRDALE KINGS

19. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

NICE, I've been using some guy's half-finished roster and I've been waiting for FK's.

20. Tight

Tight Active Member

North carolina.. Those boys go HArD on D..