Namath critical of Sparano...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BlueDevil73, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

I said most of what I ever wanted to about Namath in the Namath thread - Guy is absolutely worthless for todays FOOTBALL INFO....

This is just one more piece of evidence from an aging jackass.....

Enough said.

2. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

LMAO!!!!

Not enough said, since you and the other Namath Haters here obviously missed that Joe's earlier criticisms of the Jets, that clueless homers such as yourself dumped on with personal attacks on the franchise's greatest player ever, proved to be entirely correct.

What has he said now that is wrong?

He didn't say he knows Sparano will fail. He did not say Schotty was a great OC.

He said Sparano does not have much experience calling plays, which is correct.

He said that Schotty was let go as the fall guy for much more widespread problems in the O, and that similiar problems on the D have not led to calls for Pettine's head. He is correct there, too.

His earlier criticisms of lack of discipline by Ryan, of telling players too much that they are great, of Holmes for his attitude, and of Tanny for leaving Ducasse on the roster when he sucks, the net result of which in part was that the Jets had no real backup on the OL this past year, were all correct.

Joe is a fan, too, but he doesn't wear rose colored glasses and drink the Homer Koolaide that too many around here do.

3. sg3

sg3 Banned

nope, Blocker the pathetic old alky certainly doesn't drink koolaid

4. Big Blocker

Hey dude,

As a new poster here, I am wondering why you should be seen as having much cred in the way of opinions when you failed in discussing roster moves during Mangini's HC stint to even mention changing out Kendall for Clarke/Bender.

Namath has proven to be spot on this past season, and nothing he said now is clearly wrong, either. You may not like it, but that's too bad.

5. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I've been posting my dislike of Schotty's assbackwards play calling of not attacking a team's weakness since '08, but it's never totally a coaches fault. The players have F-ed up plenty as well (particularly this season)

Exactly. He criticizes the team, and everyone cries, but I think he said what alot of us are thinking and was right last time. I'm sure if he was praising the team, people would suddenly have a different opinion of the "senile drunk" who deserves more respect.

I really hope Sparano works out as OC, but I definitely have my reservations.

6. sg3

sg3 Banned

he'd still be a pathetic old drunk and will be so until he finally admits it and seeks help

7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

He already did and is sober now.......
    that's why his bitchin about the JETS....:beer:

8. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

The game hasn't even started yet and he is already criticizing the new OC. WE have to win a SB under Rex Ryan so that he can shut up.

9. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

it doesnt actually read like that much of a criticism - he has a stint on a show and so has to say something on the topic - to me it did not read that badly.

10. Big Blocker

Great post. There's a difference between saying Schotty had his faults to saying he was solely responsible for the team's problems on O.

And I guess from some of the hater comments here that older people should keep their opinions to themselves.

Or is that only older people who say things they disagree with?

It can be confusing.

Joe has been sober for several years now.

11. sg3

sg3 Banned

very very doubtful

go to his website, definitely still all over the sauce. Won't be long before he wants to kiss Suzy Kolber again

12. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I'm with you on that one. All he really said is he doesn't know why they hired this OC outside of it being a fraternity type of thing, which I'm sure happens all the time in all kinds of sports so it's not a big issue.

He also said Schotty was the fall guy and he's hardly the first person to say anything like that either.

I respect the guy and everything but I kind of wish he'd just shut up as well.

13. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I'd pay to hit it. I thought she was pretty hot. Besides, its extra special bonus to be inserted into relative of Jets legend.

14. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Settle down beavis!

I think Namath is a bloviating Fool who is out of touch with todays game.... You don't - Great!

If Joe was right this year he was dead wrong in the past two because he, like many bloviating fools had his "Jets have no leadership" story all ready to go whenever they lost....

Team Wins = Awesome locker room.... Loses - ahhh lets grap the Bull shit locker room crap speech....

Giants Week 4 - Locker room sucks - no leaders.... Giants Playoffs = Greatest locker room since well, 2007 Giants.... not the week 9 2007 Giants cuz they were a complete Rudderless disaster lacking leadership and with amoron coach - Ask TIKI (Giants version of Drunk Joe) - you know the playoff version where they all held hands and had a gay orgy.

Way overrated - I don't need former athletes like TIKI, Joe, Woody or Jenkins telling me about some mythic Locker room Kumbaya Party when I know for a fact htat TALENT and WINNING trumps all that by a large margin and that if the offense and team ALL played to their potential and Sanchez and Holmes hooked up a lot more, they would be flying the Fly Boy Salute all over the stadium, laughing, hugging and we would never hear about this Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plus the fact that all these jackals keep talking about losing Woody who Retired, Jenkins who was Hurt all the time, and Thomas Jones who was due a lot of money and we won and apparently had a Super Happy locker room after he left...PUHLEASE!

When I hear from Former athletes - spare me the hypothetical, perfect locker room symbiosis speech and TALK FOOTBALL.....

The Jets lacked talent and executed everything like crap - Talk about Where the talent lacks and what Game plans and adjustments were way off... Take a real stand - Is Mark the guy? WHats up with the OL - Will a change from Zone blocking help / hurt?

Like I've said before - I much rather hear a former player on the NFL Chalk Talk - type FOOTBALL shows than making up shit about locker room crap.

JETS LACKED TALENT.

TALENT.

Cut the bullshit and have a drink joe.

15. Big Blocker

Geez that was an awful post, JB. Just awful.

16. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

If that's what you really think about JN, it's time for you to change the name in your avatar

17. sg3

sg3 Banned

IMO there is nothing wrong with the Jets offense (now that the six year OC nightmare is over) that can't be cured by finally coming up with a pass rush on defense that gives their quarterback turnovers, great field position and gets opponent's offenses off the field without 18 play 90 yard drives

18. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

I agree with Joe. I see nothing in Sparano that says he is the answer. I hope I'm wrong, but the Jet's track record on selections like this has not been good, especially for OC.

19. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Ah, just sos ya know - Namath was one of the guys that CHANGED football to the game it is now. So I think he has a little bit of knowledge about it.

20. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Why does Namath feel the need to give his take on everything? He was last relevant over 40 years ago. He needs to STFU already..